Testosterone question for Bryan

markd

I am 29 yrs old with the Libido of a 60 yr old, so I went and got my T-levels checked and my total was 311 ng/dl with a reference range of 260-1000 and my free T was75.4 with a reference range of 50-210 pg/ml. The report was done by Quest Diagnostics. Anyhow, I have an appt. with a Urologist to next Fri to see if he will prescribe so Andro gel or something. I have been taking E/C for a long time(5 yrs), but I don't know if that has to do with anything. Anyhow, I defintely don't feel like a man, and I would be willing to have to be on replacement therapy for the rest of my life if it meant I could get my libido and functioning back. Anyhow, I would appreciate your thoughts on the matter. By the way, I just started an HST cycle and will post results. I just started training 2x per day to speed my metabolism.
Thanks in advance
-Mark

If you've been taking ephedrine for 5 years your prostate is probably constantly swollen and that may explain why your sex drive is low.

Get off the ephedrine for a while, take some saw palmetto, see how you do.

d.

If you've been taking E/C non stop for 5 years, then you do not want to just drop it all at once 9unless you like feeling like crap fora couple of weeks). Taper your dose by 25% a week until you get down to none.

Steve

Thanks guys!
Yeah, stopping E/c cold turkey is about as much fun as getting kicked in the sack. I'll take you up on your suggestions. BTW, I trained in similiar fashion to HST back in 1996(the Big Beyond Belief program which was similiar in the frequency of loading and made awesome progress, so I think HST will be even better. Good luck to all of you.
-Mark

That's a good point, Bryan. My diet has been chronic low cal(probably about 2,000), pretty low carb with binges every few days until recently. I make sure that I get enough fat as I know that is crucial to T. Recnelty, I decided I would get better results by losing fat thru building muscle and a higher metabolism, so I am eating more now as I figured chronic low cal would kill T as well and am starting HST 2xper day 3x per week. This should allow me to eat more. I have been taking FUZU and my libido is coming back a little, but not where I would like it. I would say my macronutrient intake has been about 20%carbs, 40 and 40. I am thinking about changing it to 40% carbs 20 and 20 and taking in about 2400. I'm about 6'230 with about 18%BF. I am looking forward to starting my first HST cycle. I have all my maxes figured out, so I start tommorow with Deadlifts being for my legs. This should work really well as, upon reflection, my best gains were in '96 when I was loading the muscle 3xweek. This is a killer site, Bryan(much better than test.net where I found you!) Keep up the good work!
-Mark

I had the same problem you have, although I haven't been on e/c.

One thought is to also have your DHEA sulfate level checked. Besides testosterone my DHEA level was extremely low.

Too, I get my supplemental Test. and DHEA from a compounding pharmacy. It requires a prescription but the test. cream was way cheaper than Andro-Gel and it work too.

The DHEA, of course can be bought over the counter but I have not had luck with the quality.

Also have your estradiol checked too.

You'll get it right. No worries.

George

Back