The Metabolic Advantage of Low Carb Diets

<div>
(Dan Moore @ May 28 2008,8:22)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
(beingisbeing @ May 26 2008,7:19)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Shucks guys, are we going to ruin EVERY thread with this war?
smile.gif
Anyone know why gorillas can get JACKED on that tree hugger diet of theirs? haha</div>
Lots and lots of passive and active tension</div>
Woah. But where is all the protein coming from? Do they have the ability to synthesize proteins above and beyond our capacities, from 'inferior' dietary sources to boot?

I was trying to be funny, but honest to God, but still, I've always found this fascinating, as i cram 180gr of &quot;high quality&quot; protein down my throat daily and grow at a snails pace...a steady snail's pace thanks to HST though!

I think this is kind of relevant to the thread, because after all they are eating a lot of, well, technically speaking, carbohydrates: polyalcohols of aldehydes/ketones. lol

<div>
(beingisbeing @ May 28 2008,2:16)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Woah. But where is all the protein coming from?</div>
Buttoads of plants and plants parts, fruit, insects. I mean watch any documentary on gorillas, what are they always doing? Eating

Look at the amount of muscle your average bull can carry eating straw and grass! Then look at the volume they eat and be glad you can eat them!
biggrin.gif

DISCLAIMER: EVERYTHING I WRITE ON THIS FORUM IS MY PERSONAL OPINION, MY BELIEFS AND MY CONVICTIONS. AS SUCH, NOTHING I WRITE CAN CONSTITUTE A STATEMENT OF FACT. I MAKE NO CLAIM TO THE VERACITY OF MY POSTS. CONSEQUENTLY, I AM UNDER NO OBLIGATION TO PROVE OR REFUTE ANYTHING I WRITE.

then don´t write anything

<div>
(quadancer @ May 28 2008,8:45)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Heh, you're saying BW exersize works well! I guess so, since swinging from trees is very similar to gymnasts work. THOSE guys look jacked, although having met one in person, off tv, my first thought was how small he was. But I'd wager he was carrying more muscle than me; he just doesn't have the fat over it.</div>
gymnast usually, almost always, have no leg muscle to speak of. I have been doing a lot of rig training and muscular legs hamper holding an iron cross.

I am almost there though and will video it when it happens. People in the gym freak when the see me hanging upside down like a bat doing forard and reverse legs lifts.

<div>
(Dan Moore @ May 28 2008,3:34)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I mean watch any documentary on gorillas, what are they always doing? Eating</div>
And scratching their behinds and smelling... maybe that's the secret. Hope not.

Back