think I need to eat more/start counting calories

A little fat gain is no big deal, just don't go overboard. I would hate to ever get too flabby, because cutting is horrible, I detest it. I only cut for several weeks to control the fat, so I never get to the point where I have to cut for months...that would be hell. Now that I am primarily into strength and powerlifting, I am not going to cut again for a Looooong time, (of course I will probably need a new wardrobe very soon!
laugh.gif
)

thanks for the replies. I think counting calories - at least to an extent - probably is the way to go. It already feels like I'm stuffing my face all the time, and counting calories serves as a reminder that I need to stuff more in... I know I could eat more calorie-dense food, but I'm already getting through a fair amount of fat, and eating a lot of sweet stuff just makes me jittery. Anyway, fitday seems to be down at the mo, so today's a day for not counting calories
laugh.gif

In terms of aerobic exercise, I'm boringly consistant in the amounts I do (go to the gym every other day, and walk a pretty consistant distance each day). Hopefully, this means there's no real need to factor it in as such - just eat enough to gain weight?

If your main goal is to gain weight and you are having a hard time then you should try to cut out any extra unnecessary cardio.  The last thing you want to do if you can't seem to gain weight is burn any more calories than is absolutely necessary.

Thanks - the cardio I do now is largely what's necessary (I mostly get around by walking...)

Sure - it was a good idea, but I stopped doing a lot of cardio a while ago (when I did struggle to get much over 150lb).

Back