Tired of the Injuries

<div>
(Lol @ Aug. 25 2009,10:45)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Hey Brix, did you read the Fish Oil Supps thread?

In my experience Seven Seas oil is unpleasant stuff, so I understand your worry about fishy breath. The oil I take is odorless and tastes of lemons. No fishy burps. I have to stop myself taking more than 30ml daily - it's that nice!  
biggrin.gif
</div>
Thanks lol,

No - hadnt read that thread as I'd been off the forum for a while - (Sorry Bryan!).... and only just got back into it, even though I've still been training HST style exclusively since 2002

The Seven seas stuff is definitely smelly, as is a Myprotein.com fish oil liquid I bought. Too slimey to take as a liquid, I only really can stomach capsules?

I also take plenty of extra virgin olive oil (currently mixed with my whey, to bump up Kcals, as I'm on a keto diet)
And CLA and sesamin oil...

Can I take too much oil???

I've just skimmed through the thread, and will read it again when I have more time.

Thanks.

Brix

I do sumo.
Gone from &quot;can't get out of a chair&quot; to 460.
Deads Rule.

If I could only do one exersize per BP, it would be:
Flat bench
Pendlay Rows
Deads
Skulls
Chins
Front DB raises
Power Shrugs
Vary the rep ranges and you have a complete program. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!

<div>
(quadancer @ Aug. 26 2009,5:47)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I do sumo.
Gone from &quot;can't get out of a chair&quot; to 460.
Deads Rule.

If I could only do one exersize per BP, it would be:
Flat bench
Pendlay Rows
Deads
Skulls
Chins
Front DB raises
Power Shrugs
Vary the rep ranges and you have a complete program. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!</div>
Quad,

I havent done deads for a couple of years - was never very good at them... which I put down to being tall (?) Is that a genuine excuse?

I have also had knee problems, and now a slipped disc in my back.
Maybe, once I've had the all clear for my back, I should try them again?

Do sumo's work the thighs better than regular deads?

Interesting list.
But what about chins and dips???

Brix

A.) Sumos are easier on the back; more work for the hips - you start with an EMPTY bar and work up, to spread the hips and free the joints.
B.) My list was for one exersize per BP. Dips are great and I did list chins for bi's and lats. But dips were taken by bench. I was just posting what my favorites (or most effective) are.
Right now, it's Korte 3 (exersizes) x 3 (times per week). Squat, dead, bench.
I like to tell people who live on machines that I can work their whole body with just a barbell. Sometimes you get that 'deer in the headlights' look.
Edit: I'll add that the powerlifts are all very technical lifts. Just when you thought you had perfect form, you read something, or practice with volume and get better and stronger because of it. There are tall guys with big deadlifts, but many who choose sumo due to height; it's just a preference - remember, the tall guys have to move the weight a lot farther and the sumo cuts that down just a tad. Flat-bottomed sneakers help too.
Read, read, and read some more. If ONE thing is off in a powerlift, it can and probably will limit your strength. There's like 5 things that happen in a dead before the weight comes off the floor. At the same time, the mentality is to just go pick it up, once you have these automated.

This thread prompted me to do a little reading again on the subject of joints n' tendons.

Seems there is still some mixed results from two recent studies (GUIDE &amp; GAIT) on glucosamine &amp; chondroitin e.g. glucosamine alone may be better than the two combined. But they did show positive effects i.e. reduced pain , even being as effective as NSAIDs but with less side effects. As I said before &quot;I'm a believer&quot; given the effect they &amp; fish oil had on stopping my knee swelling up after sports etc.

Also has anyone tried SuperCissusRX (or any Cissus Quadrangularis), Jeff Everson &amp; Planet Muscle Magazine have given it the &quot;2006 Most Innovative Radical New Joint Technology&quot; award (what a mouthful that is!!), and again in 2008. And that's not all they claim i.e.

* Safely &amp; Effectively Rebuilds Tendons &amp; Ligaments - Only natural herb in the world proven to do so.
   * Scientifically proven more powerful anti-catabolic properties than Deca &amp; D-Bol - Preserve muscle mass better than any natural substance!
   * Keeps body in positive nitrogen balance 24/7!
   * Significantly lowers cortisol by at least 31 %!
   * Powerful pain reliever - without damaging effects that ibuprofen brings.
   * 100% Safe &amp; effective - Has been used for centuries in India.
   * So powerful it's Patent Pending!

Same thing written in several places, (copied that from staleytraining.com/store/supplements/usp/super-cissus.htm, it has some clinical study refs at the bottom but I've not had time to read them yet) OK they &amp; others want to sell you the supp, but that's why I was wondering if anyone here has tried it.

I did Cissus for a while, but can't recall any great effect. Could be brand differences too.

We had a bone surgeon in our church who asked me if I wanted to be young. Of course, who doesn't? He said stretching every chance, like when talking to someone, sitting in a chair, doing every muscle like about 10 times a day - would rejuvenate the joints, and our post-exersize stretching wasnt' enough to get the effect.

Sounds interesting. I've done a lot of stretching what with having done Tae Kwon Do etc for many years, but yeah it was only once a day 2 or 3 times a week, apart from when I first started. Need to do more of it now . . . . may give frequent stretching a go . . . . people are gonna think I'm mad. ha ha!!!

The so called Super in SuperCissusRX is because they have doubled the concentration of the active ingredient from 5% to 10%. Mmmmm . . . . guess the only way I'll know how it works for me is to try it myself.

Oddly enough, switching to powerlifting has me back in the stretch racks again. It seems that for PL or Oly work, you need more flexibility to attain the proper form if you want to attain the proper technique.
I never would have imagined trying to get an arch in a back that tortured me for 30 years...then rehabilitated with squats and deads...now requiring more flexibility for bench and squats!
I turn 56 tomorrow. I must be nutz.
tounge.gif

Back