training early in the morning

kurnia38

I'll start my HST cycle next Monday. I have to train early in the morning, since I have class at 9 am. I'll workout about half an hour to an hour after I wake up.

1. Should I add more carbs in my preworkout meal since I've been fasting overnight?

2. This might sound stupid, but when should I take the preworkout protein? Right before workout, one hour before?

Thank you, guys!

Kurnia

1. Yes, simple carbs would be good here.

2. If it's a liquid meal, take 15-30 minutes prior. If whole-food, 45-60 minutes prior.

My $.02.

Good luck!

When I can workout in the early morning, usually I do cardio and immediatly after, I take a protein shake before starting to lift. I take 10/15min rest after cardio.

3.99274g protein, and 1.56564 g carbs

honest

Nah

take about 0.1g/kg protein, and around 0.4g/kg carbs,

or a serving of protien before, and a serving after, or whatever. Its not going to make a huge difference over all :)

Dear kurnia38,

Ideally, take 20-30gm of fast protein with 20-30gm fast carbs 15 minutes before working out. After all, you are pressed for time, having to rush to school and all. A meal that digests in 15 minutes sure beats waiting for a meal that digests in an hour.

Bryan has mentioned before that if you can't take the 20gm fast protein before working out, 50gm protein from whole food should be taken an hour or so before working out. You can gauge it from there.

During your workout, you might wish to consume carbs as you go. Usually, I'd mix up a protein shake, take half of it prior to working out and the remaining half I'd sip throughout my workout. Taking the carbs and protein during the work out is supposed to inhibit cortisol release, which is a good thing.

Godspeed, and happy HSTing :)

Back