Training over 1 hour

LifttheBurn

Hello everyone,

I'm a fairly new member here but have been lurking for a while reading what I can to try and get my head around HST. I have been lifting for only about 8 years or so but have tried various things. I was just curious as to any research papers you can point me to that supports the theory that more than one hour of training per session has a catabolic effect on muscles and additionally, decreases testosterone levels. I hear this quoted a lot in the fitness community but for whatever reason cannot find a solid study about it anywhere. If anyone can help with this that would be great. I usually train 1.5 hours regularly at the gym myself and have been delving more into hypertrophy the last 3 weeks or so. I will be trying the HST theory out in approx 4 weeks (after a week of de-load). I'll post a training log after my last three weeks of my previous experiment has concluded, with reference to any gains made, etc.

Cheers

I was under the belief that this was true up until recently however the whole testosterone drops and cortisol rises after one hour does not appear to really matter and in fact levels of cortisol can be an indicator of a good workout.

The problem is that after an hour you may start to get tired and not be able to lift at a good intensity.

Back