Traps

i love upright rows.
not everybody fave but they really do the trick for me.
i do them with a limited range of movement ( to prptect an old injury ) and always get bad doms no matter what weight i use

use the hook grip when doing shrugs is better then straps!

The overhead squat could als develop some trap mass.....
i did not gain much traps from deadlifts, but I think power shrugs are realy good !

I have to put in a vote for shrugs, including 1 arm dumbbell shrugs. over the years the vertebra in my neck would get pull out of alignment as I leaned forward doing shrugs with a bar. Since then I most often do my shrugs with dumbbells. This assumes you can find dumbbells heavy enough.

I also think cleans and deads are good for trap growth for obvious reasons. Deads are particularly good because of the amount of weight used is ofter greater than that used for shrugs.

Thinking about that Bryan.

How about Single arm cable shrugs, instead of the d/b's (too much PT changing weights, yada, yada, yada.)
laugh.gif

My Cage has some possibilities, and I have a one arm attachment, should do the same job, opinions :confused:

[b said:
Quote[/b] (colby2152 @ Sep. 06 2005,2:41)]hang snatches?

Hang snatches are snatches done where the lift is started from the upright position with the barbell at the waist, similar to the finish position of a deadlift, instead of off the floor.

If you've never done them before, have someone demonstrate it to you; just using the bar will get your traps sore the first time.

Back