UFC 68

Joe.Muscle

Im excited about tonights fight card.

Its goint to be interesting to see if Captain America shows up in Randy Couture to beat tim sylvia.

Also its the return of 2 champions Rich Franklin and Matt hughes to the octagon tonight.

Is anybody else watching the fight?

My predictions.

Tim Sylvia by knockout

Mcdonald will beat Franklin

Matt hughes 2nd round tko win!

Totally pumped even two days after the fights. Huge MMA fan here. Captain America did it. So fired up I had to watch it twice. That place was completely electric most all of the 5th round. What a fight! His reward is Cro Cop!

Good come back fights for both Franklin and Hughes. I also saw Hamill won by TKO. Fight not shown.

Keystone

He is truely a legend.

I got nothing but huge repect for couture.

I would hate to have to train for Cro-Cop and that left leg kick...but with Randy anything is possible!

I was glad to hear that Couture beat Sylvia!  I never liked him all that much.

I was surprised to hear that Franklin beat McDonald so easily. I thought that would be a tough fight for Franklin and I was actually rooting for McDonald to win that one.

Yeap, I watched the fight again last night. Man, that place was electric for the final minute or so of the fight.

Couture will have to get Cro Cop to the ground and keep him there. He won't be able to do much damage but maybe gain some control points. He could also try what Randleman did (fake a shoot and come over the top and knock Cro Cop out).

I believe Cro cop's striking will be too much for him. Tim is a little on the slow side when compared to Cro cop. Plus, Cro-cop is a counter puncher too.

And it's not only the left high kick either. As he says "My right high kick will put in the hospital and my left one will put you in the grave". But it's not only the high kicks. He has brutal low kick and vicious and middle body kicks. He might have to avoid those somewhat to avoid a take down but man is he dangerous.

But like you said, one can never doubt Randy. Anything is possible.

Keystone

<div>
(Keystone @ Mar. 06 2007,16:12)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Yeap, I watched the fight again last night.  Man, that place was electric for the final minute or so of the fight.  

Couture will have to get Cro Cop to the ground and keep him there.  He won't be able to do much damage but maybe gain some control points. He could also try what Randleman did (fake a shoot and come over the top and knock Cro Cop out).  

I believe Cro cop's striking will be too much for him. Tim is a little on the slow side when compared to Cro cop. Plus, Cro-cop is a counter puncher too.

And it's not only the left high kick either.  As he says &quot;My right high kick will put in the hospital and my left one will put you in the grave&quot;.  But it's not only the high kicks.  He has brutal low kick and vicious and middle body kicks.  He might have to avoid those somewhat to avoid a take down but man is he dangerous.

But like you said, one can never doubt Randy.  Anything is possible.

Keystone</div>
Cro=Cop is a bad man!

Go to Youtube sometime and type in his name.

The highlight film is unreal.

I want never forget when he broke Bob Sapp orbital Bone!

Yeah, I have seen his highlight reel from youtube. Good stuff. Didn't see the entire Sapp fight but I did see the highlight.

Speaking of orbital bone, Nick Diaz's is broken from the Gomi fight. And he tested positive for marijuana. He will be out for a bit.

This sport is really exploding right now. Going to completely swallow boxing before long. Some good PPV's coming up too.

Gotta love it!!

Keystone

I was on YouTube yesterday checking out some clips from Cro Cop and Rampage. Did anyone see the fight between Cro Cop and Wanderlai Silva when Cro Cop knocked him out with the high left leg kick to the head. It was in K1 or Pride. The power behind that kick is tremendous; Silva just crumpled to the ground.

I was so glad to see Coutre beat Silvia if only because Silvia is so goddam boring! The fight against Monson proved that.

<div>
(GothicSerpent @ Mar. 07 2007,19:38)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I was on YouTube yesterday checking out some clips from Cro Cop and Rampage.  Did anyone see the fight between Cro Cop and Wanderlai Silva when Cro Cop knocked him out with the high left leg kick to the head.  It was in K1 or Pride.  The power behind that kick is tremendous; Silva just crumpled to the ground.  

I was so glad to see Coutre beat Silvia if only because Silvia is so goddam boring!  The fight against Monson proved that.</div>
yeah, that was an impressive kick..it was a pride fight...most people pick crocop to win against couture, I say couture is gonna win

I'm just glad to see something interesting happening in the UFC heavyweight division. It's been stagnant too long.

I've never seen CroCop fight other than some highlights, and I'm looking forward to it. I believe that they are going to have him fight a couple of times before he gets a UFC title shot, though. At least that's what I heard.

Yeah the UFC went from Shallow as hell in the HW division to half way decent.

Crocop is completely awesome, Couture is a physical specimen and legend, as for Tim Slyvia I like the rest of america just don't like the guy.

Also Crazy Horse came over from pride and he was a big dissapointment.

Its just a matter of time before Dana and the Ferteties get Fedor and the rest of the world!

The sport is just blowing up and I love it....glad to see the excitement back into fighting.

I was a huge boxing fan back when Tyson was around and even holyfied...but since Tyson faded away...I never really cared to watch again.

The same thing for the NBA ! Once Jordan quit playing I could care less. But the ufc has so many good stars its a lot of fun to watch!

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I was a huge boxing fan back when Tyson was around and even holyfied...but since Tyson faded away...I never really cared to watch again.

The same thing for the NBA ! Once Jordan quit playing I could care less. But the ufc has so many good stars its a lot of fun to watch!</div>

Wow! Funny you mention that. I am exactly the same way. Couldn't find a bigger Tyson fan back when he was good. Starting falling apart when he fired Kevin Rooney. You could even see the skills dimishing when he was still champ. Early as the first Frank Bruno fight if I remember correctly.

I stopped watching the NBA when Jordan retired the second time too. I have yet to return to watching it. I thought maybe Iverson going to Denver would spark an interest but that wore off after a couple games.

I am completely hooked on MMA now. I could care less about boxing. I remember watching the very first UFC a long time ago. Then I started following it again about 4 years ago I would say. That was probably around UFC 40 I would guess? Since then I haven't missed a PPV be it either UFC or Pride. For a while, I even got into downloading all the early UFC's to watch.

The UFC getting Fedor might not be too far off. Pride is in financial trouble and has been connected with the Japanese mafia which caused them to lose their tv contract over there. Fedor is already going to fight Lindland on the Bodog PPV next month.

Keystone

Anybody see the video (or live PPV) of Gabriel Gonzaga vs. Cro Cop in UFC 70?

All I can say is wow! The ending kind of like I would have expected, just not who it was that got knocked out. Seems to be upset after upset lately.

Yeah I watched it on SPIKE TV. Did Cro Cop even throw a punch? I'll have to watch it again to see but I don't think he did. Not at all what I expected in that one.

Crocop has been known to always say &quot;right kick hospital, left kick cemetery&quot;...I just never knew he was talking about his opponent's kick

im betting something will come out in the next few months explaining/excusing cro-cop performance. injury, lack of focus, preparation etc etc.

gonzaga looked great but cro-cop was a no-show. ive seen him many times in pride against the best they have to offer and although he didnt always win he always showed up to fight. you dont get a well earned rep like he has from circling the octagon getting mounted and then eating punches and kickes until one finds its mark.

again, gonzaga looked great and did what he had to do but CC didnt fight at all like he has in the past or is capable of. strange.

Cro Cop is always so relaxed when he comes into the fight that it is hard to tell what kind of mental state he is in. But he was either really off that night or it was a fixed fight.

That being said, Gonzaga did look great and he will be a contender in the heavy weight division for sure.

I had only seen short clips of Cro Cop before. My impression goes along with what you guys said.

Along with being impressive and stunning, the knock out itself was very strange. Cro Cop appeared to stumble or misstep right as Gonzaga was kicking, then once knocked out fell with his ankle twisted in a very bad position.

I was going to make a ufc 70 thread...my bad!

However I would of bet the house that Cro cop would of destroyed gonzaga...man was I wrong!

personally, this is what makes mma so interesting.
if memory serves, cro-cop went the distance with fedor and lost (i may be wrong about this, if so sorry). fedor is one very bad man. gonzaga looked very good and seems to have the skills to be a contender but i dont think he is in the same class to go the distance with fedor. but its mma, so who knows. anyone can get caught, have a bad day, lose focus, or just be unlucky. i think thats why their is a lot of turnover. matt serra is a good fighter but better then jsp. 9 out of 10 times probably not but it only takes that one time, as long as your ready to sieze the opportunity.

im sure most of it is hype but how many &quot;seemingly unstoppable&quot; fighters have there been just in the last 12-18 months. orlofsky (sp) followed by silvia, hughes followed by JSP,  cro-cop, couture, liddell. thats a lot of names for 2-3 wgt classes. all these guys at their best do look unbeatable but you can never always be at your best and when someone else is.........look out.

anyway. its fun to watch and talk about. much more so then boxing (which i enjoy a good deal) at least these days anyway.

Back