use the HST base idea for strenght increase!!!

I

imported_fura

Hello,

i'm ado gruzza, i'm 26 y o and i'm a powerlifter but overall a powerlifter and olympic weightlifting trainer
and i write for a bodyb-strenght magazine in italy.
Where appears also arthicles by BH on hst.
I'm very interested in everythings is SMART in training and reading the hst principles (sorry for any error, i'm italian) i found that there are much more application for strenght training than someone could think.

for exemple frequncy increasing load with high buffer (not training to failure) are heavyly used but weightlifters and east lifter, with great results (the best in the world with no doubt), and the increasing for 6 step in 2 microcyle is also used by many from eastern germany and great trainer like tudor bompa.

So there is something already done in this direction???

it's a pity that in my country hst is not as famous as it could be (Yet).

thanks

5x5 routines basically follow hst principles. You could even do a hybrid quite easily.

Sheiko, smolov etc. All fun but painful.

The main problem is that when the load actually increases, you hve to decrease the frequency because of joint issues.

yes but it's not so easy, streght training the complex of many factor,
not simply a scheme. above all in competition.

any tecnical use of hst in strenght training??

sheiko is not fun, sheiko win every world champions fron the beginning of his appearence.

Oh yes nothing and I repeat can beat high frequency non failure training for strength increases (yes it is better than Westside! )

go to www.deepsquater.com and read abot Kortes 3x3 programm (of course an German programm
smile.gif
)

I once used this one

6 weeks
3rm 15 -25repsx1 (clustering )

2 weeks
Deload (speed work may be an option)

go to dragondoor.comread about greese the grove and all the other high frequency progs that create amaising results.

Aron F also has an nice high frequency Bench plan on his homepage!

<div>
(M@x @ Apr. 20 2006,08:04)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Aron F also has an nice high frequency Bench plan on his homepage!</div>
I used that a few years ago and found it worked extremely well for me, I also know of a few others who have tried it with success.

I dont train that way currently, mainly because as the weights increase the joints hurt more. But I do still train 3x weekly for my bench setup.

One day is speed/maximal
One day is shoulders and
the final day is rep work on bench and a variety of boards

I vary my volume and load a lot more than I used to, and it appears to be working nicely as well.

Right Aaron. Im kinda confused about this topic so;

Single factor training is train-recover-train
Dual factor is overtrain-move to lighter training-improve more?

Iv heard of planned overtraining, are you just kinda varying the variables in an educated way and seeing what happens?

Single factor and dual factor differences are just in time scale

Single factor looks at fatigue in the acute setting, 1 training session followed by recovery and compensation.
Dual factor looks at it in a more chronic setting, with a period of fatiging followed by recovery and compensation.

With my current bench training I look at it in weekly blocks.
One week warmup, one week fatigue, one week recovery and then final week for supercompensation and testing maximal loads. There are a number of similar styles of programs out there, including in supertraining and the likes.

Back