Videos

I'll take the one in your avatar...
biggrin.gif

<div>
(nipponbiki @ Jun. 02 2008,9:19)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I'd like to the same myself!

Check her site here.</div>
Can't see her getting even one OHS with her bodyweight. I reckon she needs to put on about 20lb of muscle!
smile.gif

Quad: you have a great one already you greedy man.  
tounge.gif

<div>
(Lol @ Jun. 01 2008,9:22)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">A little light refreshment: My vid of the day. Great form and great bod!

Sure it's only 123lb but then she only weighs 123lb. I'm impressed.

15 x bodyweight OHS</div>
is that a gym or a carpark
biggrin.gif

<div>
(Lol @ May 21 2008,8:34)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Seeing that this thread hasn't been used for personal videos much yet, how about also using it for links to inspiring and extraordinary lifting vids?

Here's one:

Unreal benching!

I'm not going to be the one to mention the dangers of a thumbless grip!  
tounge.gif

biggrin.gif
</div>
IIRC this is from the Anabolic Innovations booth at the Arnold. I remember seeing it posted on another board. The plates are plastic and the bar actually had a bend in it to make it look like the weight was real. If you look on Youtube there are several videos of different guys doing it. I think it was when they were pushing their new version of Superdrol.

<div>
(Lol @ Jun. 01 2008,3:22)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">A little light refreshment: My vid of the day. Great form and great bod!

That is impressive! I know a lot of guys that could really learn a thing or two about their squat form from her.

<div>
(dawaro @ Jun. 02 2008,5:25)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
(Lol @ Jun. 01 2008,3:22)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">A little light refreshment: My vid of the day. Great form and great bod!

That is impressive! I know a lot of guys that could really learn a thing or two about their squat form from her.</div>
I learnt a lot from watching Nicole and I watched a LOT! Mesmerising stuff indeed.  
biggrin.gif

That 15 reps at BW of OH Squats is insane. That's one brutal exercise. Oh yeah, whoever asked about the surroundings of the video - that is the CrossFit gym... the penultimate garage gym.
biggrin.gif

HOW do you hold yourself up like that as a human flag?!? i've actually tried it myself wiiiiiith no success haha what sort of strengthening would you have to do? probably shoulder, abs, leg abductor/adductor work... wow it's hard to do though lol

<div>
(_Simon_ @ Jun. 17 2008,10:14)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">HOW do you hold yourself up like that as a human flag?!? i've actually tried it myself wiiiiiith no success haha what sort of strengthening would you have to do? probably shoulder, abs, leg abductor/adductor work... wow it's hard to do though lol</div>
First, you would need to be lean and probably have good proportions so that you are not bottom heavy. Second, training as a gymnast is a must. Third, you would need to work on shoulder, arm and abdomen strength and endurance.

Dabaya is amazing. For me, most top Oly lifters seem to defy the laws of physics. They make the impossibly hard look easy even when they break records. I'm so looking forward to the Chinese Olympics. Wonder if we'll see 600lb go overhead at this games when the big fellas lift?

speaking of crossfit, what do you guys think of it?

a buddy of mine is always raving about how wonderful it is.

my goals are hypertrophy, so I've stuck with HST.

Ive assumed crossfit was more a power/strength kinda thing...

in particular the &quot;muscle confusion,&quot; kind of wildly alternating workouts, and short rest/short workouts made me think this method would pale against HST for stimulating maximal growth

though i have to say these crossfit characters are in incredible shape!

Being,

No, not exactly. It is not about any one thing in particular actually. It has some philosophy about being as fit as a human being is possible, and they have defined 'fitness' as a list of 10 qualities, strength and power just being one of them.

Crossfit is NOT a solution for anyone who only wants to focus on any one or two of these 10 qualities, such as someone who wants to focus on hypertrophy or strength.

I think the occasional WOD (once a week) is a good supplementation to any specific program, such as HST for hypertrophy.

Also, if you are not obsessed with the one quality you are focusing on, you could do it the other way around---crossfit could be your core program and supplement it with an HST day a week.

Of course, if you become a Crossfit believer and just do that, you will still slowly get bigger or stronger... and faster, more flexible, more accurate, have better recovery abilities, have more endurance, run longer, etc. etc.

Alot of guys who just want to be Crossfitters realize quickly that they just don't have the basic strength to really keep up, so they do a 3-month run of SS and then go back to just being a crossfitter.

Back