Vinegar anyone

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ttboyy2k @ May 17 2005,11:12)]Is acetic acid found in lemon and or lime juice too? If so, how much acetic acid is in it?
No. Lemon juice has citric acid, which has similar effects on glycogen replenishment. It is common to mix vinegar and lemon juice together in hopes that they will compliment one another.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BIZ @ May 18 2005,9:13)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (ttboyy2k @ May 17 2005,11:12)]Is acetic acid found in lemon and or lime juice too? If so, how much acetic acid is in it?
No. Lemon juice has citric acid, which has similar effects on glycogen replenishment. It is common to mix vinegar and lemon juice together in hopes that they will compliment one another.
Would something as simple as a small salad drenched in oil & vinegar do the trick? (maybe even squeeze a little lemon on top ;) ).
Is there any evidence to show that the effect is helped by consuming immediately post WO as opposed to just getting some throughout the day? i.e. - would a morning WO person gain the same benefit by cosuming the vinegar w/ lunch?
Thanks.

In one of these vinegar discussions, potassium came up, too. (To counter the acidosis of lifting.) Potatoes have a lot of potassium, and of course lots of carbs. I found out that salsa usually has some kind of vinegar. So I've been trying potatoes, salsa, and chicken as my post-wo meal. Is this a good idea or am I just neutralizing two good ideas? In any case, it's yummy and easy to make.

Back