Want to try HST Need Help changing excercises?

WhiteLightning

Ok im 19 and have been lifting for 2 years always doing the traditional bodybuilding routine of eating a crap load of food and hitting each body part once a week. I've done a lot of research about the HST training style but i ahve one question about switching the excercises. Lets say for weeks 1 and 2 i do flat bench should i switch on weeks 3 and 4 to incline press so i dont lose strength or size in my upper chest?

You won't have to worry about it. Just stick to the same exercises for the entire cycle. Strength loss shouldn't be an issue. You may want to consider just doing incline the whole time.

People here typically switch dips and incline bench press with each workout. Look around for a few examples of the A/B workout scheme.

<div>
(WhiteLightning @ Aug. 03 2006,16:07)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">ok thanks guys but why does everyone seemingly want to have incline in there for chest instead of flat bench?</div>
it hits the whole pecs area better.
and doesnt aggrevate the shoulders as much.
biggrin.gif

What is being mentioned here as incline is fairly slight -  around 10 - 30 degrees. It does make it easier on the shoulders for a lot of folks. If your bench won't allow for a low incline you could always drill another hole for the pin as long as it is safe to do so.

Personally, I am happy with flat bench but my gym doesn't have an incline bench I can use for benching. There is an adjustable one with the Smith machine but I don't like using that for bench.

Back