Wanted to double check my diet

aabrechko

Let me know if this sounds okay. Fri is my last day of 15's, and I have gained 2.2kg in the passed three weeks(1 week previous workout, 1 week SD, 1 week 15's). That is a lot, especially for me. Before gaining the weight I was 6'4", 83.4kg.

The overall diet is like this:

Calories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total
Total: 3805
Fat: 114 1027 28%
Carbs: 393 1520 41%
Protein: 295 1178 32%

This is for non workout days. On workout days I add a shake before and after workout

breakfeast- 100g Bran Cereal, banana, 350g milk, 250g yogurt

mid morning- 2 hard boiled eggs, 250g yogurt

lunch- 75g of rice or potatoes, Veggies, and around 100g chicken breast

Afternoon- can of tuna w/mayo, apple and banana

Supper- same as lunch

before bed- can tuna w/mayo, 250g yogurt

Thats about it except for a glass of OJ with creatine and some random crap throught the day. I also use a lot of olive oil, which is not figured in to this. This is my first time really eating with working out. I dont have calipers to measure fat.
I just want to make sure I am not eating too much fat or such. Although gaining ANY weight, other than beer, is an accomplishment for me. I also have to ride my bike EVERYWHERE because I dont have a car here in Germany.

Thanks

What do you think

You don't want to have that much tuna IMO. The mercury content is a real problem. Depending on what kind you have, it's recommended you only have 1-3 cans per week.

Limiting ones self to 1-3 cans per week seems pretty low. I have always thought/heard that tuna is one of the main foods to eat for protien. Can you suggest a replacement?

from what I read you are not eating 3800 Cal's for a day.
from a quick calc I think you are eating no more then 2000 a day.

These calculations are taken from exact measurements, and nutrition facts from foods eaten, and calculations done by fitday Could you tell me where I may have screwed up based on your calculations? Also it would seem awfully difficult to gain 1.1kg in a week by only eating 2000cal, given my height/weight.

By the way thank you all for the responses.

aabrechko,
I eat 3500 Cal's A day and my diet is double from what you are eating , this is why I said that it's seems to me that you are eating no more that 2000 Cal's a day.
And I think that this is the reason that you did not gain any weight.

And One more thing:
It's seems to me that you are eating to much dairy products like yogurt. try to avoid much as possible dairy food.
Try to eat more fish,egg,meat,chicken.

yeah.. why is dairy bad? If he's having low fat dairy products (and sugar free yogurt), the dairy is great. Skim milk is essential.
tounge.gif

as far as the tuna, it is indeed a great source of protein, but the mercury in it will mess you up eventually, and it's recommended only 1-3 cans a week.

Unless you are earting sugar free yogurt, I would cut it out. Yogurt has too many simple carbs in it. Limit it to the post workout window. You can get some dairy and protein in (plus cut out a can of tuna) by eating some cottage cheese before bed.

I was looking online and found out about the mercury. I am not a pregnant woman (Pregnant women should NOT eat much fish at all), but it still isnt worth the risk. Would cottage cheese be okay to replace ALL of the yogurts with? Plain would be a good replacement also.Instead of the Tuna just add more chicken I am guessing?That blows. I am glad you brought up the tuna thing though so I dont get sick and die in ten years, but it is so cheap, easy to make, and easy to eat. Oh well :confused: Thanks for all the help

Back