Wedding ring while lifting

I bent my first ring out of shape doing deadlifts a long time ago. It looked like a curvy triangle after a few weeks of lifting. So I take mine off now while I lift.

I used to wear my ring. Then one day, I saw a guy who somehow managed to squeeze his one into the finger and that wasn’t funny. I stopped wearing my ring that day - you never know.

<div>
(XFatMan @ Aug. 25 2008,2:36)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Hydrostatic Weighing on August 25, 2008: 69.1 Kg / 152.5 lbs. @ 10% body fat.</div>
Sorry for the Off-topic but welcome back XFatMan. 10% BF? Congratulations!!! We would like to hear the diet and workout routine you followed for this accomplishment.

<div>
(XFatMan @ Aug. 25 2008,1:36)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I used to wear my ring. Then one day, I saw a guy who somehow managed to squeeze his one into the finger and that wasn’t funny. I stopped wearing my ring that day - you never know.</div>
How the heck could that happen? I suppose wearing gloves deters a lot of the issues with the wedding ring.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Sorry for the Off-topic but welcome back XFatMan. 10% BF? Congratulations!!! We would like to hear the diet and workout routine you followed for this accomplishment.
</div>
Thanks. I was surprised myself as the calipers said it's 11.9%. I'm still on my so-simple-that-it-hurts diet. I'm still doing the same strength-specific workout with some additional exercises from gymnastics like planche and hanging leg lifts. The thing that did make the difference was running. I run every day for 30 minutes.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">How the heck could that happen? I suppose wearing gloves deters a lot of the issues with the wedding ring.</div>
The equipment at the gym where I work out is not standard and pretty old. The distance between the hooks that hold the bar on the flat bench is very small and dangerously near the hands. Well, one day, his hand was too near, I guess.

I keep mine on for everything but deads. I use hand grips, so other than a slight callous, I don't really see a negative side to wearing it.

I keep mine off, since the knurling on the bars are scratching the ring. Also, it prevents excessive callous buildup when the skin get pinched between the ring and the bar (yes, I hold the bar using my fingers when I deadlift or do any other pulling movement, not in my palms).

Just my opinion here, if my ring was totally flat (which it isn't) then I would, but mine has a &quot;cavity&quot; on the top part which would dig into my finger therefore I take it out, also it makes it unconfortable as I wear gloves.

Back