What am I doing wrong?

• Thread starter imported_elektrobank
  • Start date
I

imported_elektrobank

I used to work out about 2 times a week and pretty much ate whatever I wanted and always have been in pretty decent shape. I weigh about 225 and am 6-4 and do not look fat at all, but have never had much muscular definition. Then I decided I wanted to make some changes to my diet and routine and see if I could get ripped.
I started doing cardio 3 times a week, usually about 30 minutes of HIIT and have been doing HST the other 3 days with 1 day off. I've been doing this routine and eating a new diet (no sugar, low fat/carbs) for about 4 months and look absolutely no different and am still the same weight. Before this I was eating garbage, as much sugar and fat as I wanted, only going to the gym a couple times a week and doing no cardio. I have a fast metabolism so I never got fat from this lifestyle and the lifting gave me some good size.
Right now after my change in routine I'm still in pretty good shape, I really can't complain about my physique, but I just assumed that with my new diet, the increased cardio and HST I would see some more dramatic results by now but really don't see any difference. I don't look fat at all, but I have just a bit of flab that is preventing me from looking defined, especially in my stomach. I feel I'm getting plenty of protein and very little fat, carbs and almost no sugar. I'm wondering if there is anything I'm doing wrong, I don't see the point of all this extra work and diet if I'm going to look the exact same. My goal is ideally to put on some more mass while getting better definition and visible abs.

Here is my new diet:

Morning: 4 egg whites with wheat toast, 1 cup OJ
Mid-Morning: Oatmeal or whole grain cereal
Lunch: 2 pieces of broiled chicken or 2 turkey burgers with no buns. 2-3 cups frozen vegetables. 1 can diet soda.
Late afternoon: Apple. 30 gram Protein Bar
--WORKOUT--
Dinner: 3 pieces of grilled turkey breast or 2 pieces of chicken breast. 3 cups mixed vegetables, 1 cup brown rice or roasted potatoes. 1 can diet soda.
Late evening snack: Peanut butter sandwich. 1 orange. Sometimes a protein shake if I'm still hungry.

In between I drink tons of water.

Any suggestions?

Doesn't look like there's THAT much protein in there for 220lb fast metabolism body.

Count the grams, and make it up to 220 at least I would suggest.

Yep, you have to start counting. Saying "I feel like I'm eating enough" doesn't cut it. You have to count calories, protein and everything else, so you can KNOW that you are eating enough.

Back