What can i do to increase arm size ?

Louno

It really annoys me that my arms grow so slowly compared to the rest of my body, and im not getting any stronger too ( or just a little ) , all this is especialy true for my biceps.

this cycle what im doing in addition to all the compounds , i do :
- standing bicep barbell curls with cable machine
- inclined seated bicep dumbell curls ( i switch to hammers once in a while )
- tricep pull down with upsidedown "V" handle
- wrist curls
- reverse wrist curls

I used to do dips in the past 3 cycles but i took them out this cycle.

I just started my weeks of 5 yesterday.
I go to the gym at least 3 time per weeks sometimes 4 and i always get 1 day of rest between them.
Should i add more exercises ?
Should i train my arms at home too on off days ?
Should i increase the numbers of set ?

any advice would be appreciated, thanks

Pull Ups, Rows, Dips, Presses

All the Isolation in the world is not going to help unless you can serioulsy load the bicep and tricep, the best and easiest is Heavy Compound movements. When you can start loading serious weight in these movements your arms will grow. When your strength is maxed in these then add in some good stretch movements, Incline Curl, Tricep Ext or others.

I reckon that once you get to your maz on th compounds, that hanging chins/pull ups and dips wae more effective than isolation exercises.

i have an arm problem too. but what bothers me is that my back and chest are way to big for my arms. i'm short (5'8") and have decent guns for my size (16"), but they look small compared to my torso.

i did no direct arm work for some time, and i think i personally need the direct work or my arms start to lag. i still haven't been able to reach better symmetry, but i'm trying to bring them up with exercises that emphasize strech with load. i'm starting my 5's, and thanks to the advice i'm getting here i gained 1/4" already. let's how it goes after negs.
worship.gif

well actualy im already doing compounds...

i do pulldowns and add pullups during the 5s
i also do seated back rows
i do bench and flys...
all the other cycles i did dips but im not doing them this cycle.

and like addy said, i feel like all my body is starting to grow out of proportion compared to my arms, i grew from 135 to 156lbs and aside from my forearms( they are still really small tho) my arms didnt really grow much, my arms are definetively too small compared to my chest size... i want to fix this before it becomes too noticable...

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Should i add more exercises ?
any of these things might help ?
or maybe im doing too much exercise ? but then why would the rest of my body still grow...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Louno @ July 06 2005,12:49)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Should i add more exercises ?
any of these things might help ?
Sure you can add more frequent training for those parts, it will work within reason. But loading more weight will make them respond more than adding more sets or exercises. Also give it time, your biceps are triceps are small muscles and just like other small muscles their growth is somewhat overshadowed by larger more noticeable ones.

How are you doing your pullups? Suppinated or Pronated?

I think the isolation loaded stretches are more valuable for hypertrophy than the actual concentric movements - tricep overhead extensions and incline db curls - just loaded stretches after you've done the compound.

Back