What does your wifey/GF think about your regime?

my wife was a good athele untill before we get married. After that she kind stopped. I tried to convince her to weight lift but she just said...nahhh.

For those of you who work out w/ DW or GF, how do you work that out?  Are you doing the same routines w/ different weight?  Diff routines?  

DH & I want to start a program that we can do at home together.  Basically starting from nothing (rough preg, full time job & baby- now a toddler- have wrecked me).

My short term goal is to get as strong as possible in 12 weeks.

Any advice?  
Any other girls out there?

For those of you who work out w/ DW or GF, how do you work that out?  Are you doing the same routines w/ different weight?  Diff routines?  

DH & I want to start a program that we can do at home together.  Basically starting from nothing (rough preg, full time job & baby- now a toddler- have wrecked me).

Any advice?  

Any advice?  

Any advice?  

For those of you who work out w/ DW or GF, how do you work that out? Are you doing the same routines w/ different weight? Diff routines?

DH & I want to start a program that we can do at home together. Basically starting from nothing (rough preg, full time job & baby- now a toddler- have wrecked me).

Any advice?

DW or GF? Gf= girlfriend, whats DW= ?

''Are you doing the same routines w/ different weight? Diff routines? ''

Same routine different weights

''My short term goal is to get as strong as possible in 12 weeks.''
'
Take steroids! Try a 5x5 programme

For those of you who work out w/ DW or GF, how do you work that out? Are you doing the same routines w/ different weight? Diff routines?

DH & I want to start a program that we can do at home together. Basically starting from nothing (rough preg, full time job & baby- now a toddler- have wrecked me).

Any advice?

Any advice?

Any advice?

<div>
(style @ May 18 2006,13:28)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"></div>
Sorry about the mulitple posts. I kept getting a server error &amp; didn't think it was posting!

&quot;DW or GF? Gf= girlfriend, whats DW= ?&quot;
DW = Dear Wife DH = Dear Husband

&quot;Take steroids! Try a 5x5 programme&quot;

No steroids - breastfeeding. Not that I would take them anyway. I like natural.

A core HST routine based on compounds should get your strength up. What's your past weightlifting experience?

<div>
(Totentanz @ May 18 2006,19:52)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">A core HST routine based on compounds should get your strength up.  What's your past weightlifting experience?</div>
I've never done a pure weightlifting program before. Always circuit training or some kind of toning routine.

I've now started lifting heavier, as I said before, I am primarily concerned right now with getting strong &amp; will worry about other stuff later.

The main thing we (DH &amp;I) are having problems with is integrating our workouts so that we are really working out together.

Right now, we're just sort of working out in the same room &amp; get in each others way more often than not.

That's why I was wondering how you all handle that.

You could still do the same exercises... and just drop the weight... don't see how that's getting in each other's ways.

Yeah, I think the best way is to take turns doing the same lifts and spot one another during the sets. Stick to some compounds for the most strength gain. As long as you are increasing the weight every couple workouts, you should keep gaining strength.

A good start would be:
Squats
Bentover Rows
Bench Press
some kind of overhead press
and perhaps SLDL or Good Mornings

A couple sets of each should work well.

My wife is really into aerobics, and bodyweight resistance exercises (pushups, weird yoga like contortions, etc. etc.) She hates my size, and hates everything about weight lifting. She just wants me to run all the time and be skinny.

Why wife is really encouraging, at first she was worried I would bulk up too much, but then when I started putting on muscle and I started looking better in a bathing suit, she got inspired!!! We are both athletic types, and now she lifts weights too. We workout separate though, I am doing a heavy compound max-stim training routine three times/week. She is doing a basic free-weights all around beginner's routine about twice/week. I keep telling her I could help her to get better results, but she is happy to just tone her muscles with wieghts and hopefully lose a little bodyfat.

I'm 5'11&quot; @ 210, white guy, married to a 5'7&quot; 120 lb. black/indian gal in Georgia. She LOVES muscle on me I think a lot because we live in Georgia....but I don't care: she cooks BB food for me happily and doesn't mind the shouting and loud music either.

I was doing weights when I met my wife 20 years ago and still am.

Now I am qute big, 100k, she is OK with it.

Sadly, she doen't train, but lives very clean and is healthy. I have tried to get her going a few times, but she always quits.

The non-smoking, hardly drinking, salad eating aspects of the game meet her approval. She says I am good looking, but I think she is just being kind....

My wife thinks I'm nuts. She likes the way I look though. Sometimes she's a bit jealous that other women notice too. But she has nothing to worry about. If she gets a big jealous acting I'll just remind her that people who are cooking at home don't have to go out for dinner.
biggrin.gif

That works quite well for both of us.

Back