What is your career?

<div>
(Joe.Muscle @ May 04 2007,18:41)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
(Slapshotz @ Apr. 06 2007,20:45)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">My wife &amp; I are both self employed court stenographers
smile.gif
</div>
Thats a first for us!
biggrin.gif

Cool deal</div>
Tks, Joe! It's not the most common profession in the world...lol!

I manage a trading floor of about 25 proprietary day-traders.  Imagine a pre-school daycare center, where all the kids are spoiled brats, but instead of throwing toys around, they are throwing millions of dollars around on a whim.  I started as a prop-trader, but my trading is rather mediocre, so I moved into management, where I had more natural strengths.

<div>
(drpierredebs @ Mar. 10 2006,02:04)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I am 40 and an unemployed molecular biologist.
German science hates employing older people with experience.
Their loss is my gain.
However, I am a spinning instructor and work in several fitness clubs.
I am basically a house dad which is fine with me..gives me time to build mountain bikes and train for the mountain bike races and I get to spend all kinds of time with my kids.
My wife is in upper level management in big pharma, so we are good like that.

To Chris the Marine: I started my PhD at 36 and finished in three years, so ou loads of time to achieve whatever it is you want. Don´t ever let anyone tell you otherwise.</div>
This is just an update in that I have been employed as a postdoctoral researcher in molecular hematology since sept. 2006.

Junior at University of Florida. Debating to finish up in accounting or go finance. If I go finance, I'll go for the MBA afterwards... accounting I'd go for the CPA. Only time will tell
smile.gif

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">This is just an update in that I have been employed as a postdoctoral researcher in molecular hematology since sept. 2006.</div>

Congrats Pierre!

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Junior at University of Florida. Debating to finish up in accounting or go finance. If I go finance, I'll go for the MBA afterwards... accounting I'd go for the CPA. Only time will tell
smile.gif
. </div>

Follow whatever path you want, but if I were you I would go into finance. Accounting bored me during school - I just graduated from PSU w/ B.S. degree in Math concentrated in Actuarial Sciences. As you can see, finance would really interest me. Even after school, I am still studying (for the SOA exams), and low and behold I am studying financial economics!
wow.gif

I am an audio engineer working for audible.com recording, editing, and processing audiobooks, podcasts, and the such.

Currently Im trying to build up a client base as a podcasting and social media consultant so I can one day achieve that so far elusive dream of working for myself.

I'm an audio geek.

Hi guys, I'm an Exercise Physiologist - so exercise is right in my ball park. I love this site (only recently found it), and am very big on training smarter not harder. I have mates on gear that cannot lift as much as me, so quite happy in that respect, but alas there getting big quick!

I've done rehab, and worked in commercial gyms, and corporate health programs, currently working with exercise and chronic conditions (diabetes, heart disease, etc). So always happy to help a fellow member with any exercise/health related question (to the best of my ability), and if I don't know the answer - I have the tools, and contacts to find out (hopefully). Anyhow, drop me a PM.

Cheers
Jono

I'm an account executive for a subprime mortgage bank...things were really good for the last 2 years. Now, not so good...but my bank is one of the few hanging on. My boss just got canned last week. I am currently pursuing a plan B!!

Graphic artist here for 14 years. I do design, print and web. Self Employment goals here as well, more time to play is where it's at
cool.gif
. I do some IT work, as well as rebuild old computers for the underprivlidged.

<div>
(colby2152 @ Sep. 23 2007,20:41)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Woohoo! I got my first job of my career as an actuary for a very small firm (now up to 4 employees with me on board)
laugh.gif
</div>
Watch your back, Colby. I've worked with actuaries before at Mercer Meidinger (Marsh &amp; McLennan). I had a friend who worked for the Wyatt Company. Some of the nastiest people with whom I've ever had to do were actuaries (and I'm a lawyer...!).

When they check your work, they'll keep copies of any mistakes you make and use them against you later. Just a word to the wise...

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">When they check your work, they'll keep copies of any mistakes you make and use them against you later. Just a word to the wise...</div>

Well, actuaries have to be detailed oriented with numbers! I've heard some bad things about Wyatt, and I have liked everything I have seen with Mercer. I may have gotten a job offer from Mercer, but I got an offer from the smaller firm first and decided to take it.

I am starting med school in August.

I havent been on this site in forever, it is crazy to see all of the same names posting on here! Some of you guys really are loyal. I must admit I do enjoy HST- I just started a new cycle on Monday.

<div>
(Joe G @ Mar. 06 2008,13:45)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I am starting med school in August.

I havent been on this site in forever, it is crazy to see all of the same names posting on here! Some of you guys really are loyal. I must admit I do enjoy HST- I just started a new cycle on Monday.</div>
You should post a log Joe G!

I am beyond loyal when it comes to HST... obsessed is a better word!

Back