What should I do?

HSTMunich85

Aright! I just started my first HST routine while being in my first AAS cycle! I skipped SD since I can increase weights due to AAS and also since I started HST in the midst of my cycle...next time I will do SD!
My cycle looks like this and I train every 2nd day:
Squat: 2x8-10
Deadlift: 1x6-8
Bench: 2x6-8
Latpulldown: 2x10
DB Shoulderpress: 2x8-10(I currently skip this since I have experienced some pain in my left shoulder...wanna see whether it goes away!)
Tricepspushdown: 2x10
Scottcurls: 2x10

What do you think? I acutally like doing everything every 2 days but there's a problem w/ my lower back: I tightens up a lot after squat and deadlift. Its not because of the technique since thats one of the things I focus on! It probably is since I do all of this 4x a week! Should I only do 1 set each(SQ and DL) or should I do 2x10 Squats and DL only every other time?

I appreciate ya'alls help!

Mark

Personally I would stick with the deads --great mass builder.

But you are hitting two common problems at the same time 1) it is very hard to do deads and squats every session -- tough on the lower back. 2) on AS you sometimes can lift more than the joints can take

I would alternate it. It could be deads one session and squats the next. It could have to be every other session. I know that sounds like too little but better to do some and not get hurt, than to over do it!! Also you are lifting 4x a week so you have extra sessions in there. So there is no "right' answer, since it is determined by what your individual back will take.

Let us know how it goes and what your results are.

VIELE SPASS

BOB ;)

Yeah, I will have "viel spass";)

What if I did 1 set of squat and 1 of deadlift each workout? would that be better than to switch them?

It's best, in my experience to alternate them. Once you get into the heavy weights, then it's real tough. I had to stop doing a twice a day MWF routine because I just could not maintain strength for my PM workout.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I had to stop doing a twice a day MWF routine because I just could not maintain strength for my PM workout.

Did you have ample nutrition and time between workouts? I am starting my high frequency training with an AM/PM split starting in January alternating SLDL's and Squats between the morning and evening sessions. I hope I have enough strength for the 2nd WO.

-Colby

Back