what to do for exercises that i cant increase the weight on....

Discussion in 'Hypertrophy-Specific Training (HST)' started by Greenlantern11B, Nov 4, 2011.

1. Greenlantern11B

Greenlantern11B New Member

like mil press... i can only do 5 reps at 140lbs... I know weak... I dunno why... my bench is 245lbs x5(i can do more) o_O

2. grunt11

grunt11 New Member

You could use the same weight and push for more reps in each set.

Use the same weight and cluster to get to a set number of target reps

Use both of the above.

Keep adding weight and even if you don’t get 5 reps/set just cluster for a number of target reps.

De-load about 10% and work your way back up again.

3. Greenlantern11B

hmm I think i'll do the deloading. thanks

4. tdawg_33

tdawg_33 New Member

You always perform Bench and Incline bench before your presses if memory serves me correctly and at relatively higher volume for HST. Naturally your OHP will not climb as steadily due to the amount of fatigue those muscles have already endured during the session. You may also notice the same issue with BOR as I believe you do your pullups and chins prior to that as well. If you did OHP first for example I bet you would be suprised at how much you could do, but I don't expect you to do that. Doing 140 x 5 after your chest work is nothing to be ashamed of. Try deloading as grunt has mentioned or even switch to push press if you want to increase poundages. Good luck

5. Greenlantern11B

thanks guys. I think i'll just deload. I use to have that problem with BOR now that you mentioned it. lol