whats this exercise called?

lcars

i pretty much know the names for all lifting exercises but for the life of me cant find one for this.:

basically its a shoulder press done in strict form,also the nature of the exercise doesnt allow you to use alot of weight.,you start off in a barbell shrug position(overhand)curl the bar up like a reverse hammer and then press the bar up.ive looked for pictures/gifs but havent been able to locate any.

basically i added this to my shoulder routine the other day and it obliterated them
biggrin.gif

Hmmm. All I can say is that's TWO exersizes in one, forearms and bi's, then delts and tri's. But can we even qualify it as a compound, since it's iso then compound...
...an isopound curlpress?
Heck, I give up. You got me.
rock.gif

lol.

i dont know what to call it,maybe we can name it.

one things for sure it hurts like hell.

it does work the forearms and biceps,i find if i use strict form and employ more shoulder movement it really burns after 8-10 reps, try it out sometime.

So, it's like doing a clean from the thighs and then a press? Or is the curl really strict (ie. without traps and leg involvement)? I would have thought that would limit the loads you could use? Cleaning and pressing is a real shoulder blaster.

yes lol it does limit the weight you can put on the bar and it is similar (slightly)to a clean and press,but it is done in very strict form,from the waist.

i tend to use 40-50kg(including the bar).its a strange combination but i just couldnt ignore its effectiveness.

<div>
(lcars @ Jul. 22 2007,09:08)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">basically its a shoulder press done in strict form,also the nature of the exercise doesnt allow you to use alot of weight.,you start off in a barbell shrug position(overhand)curl the bar up like a reverse hammer and then press the bar up.ive looked for pictures/gifs but havent been able to locate any.</div>
Is this it? A Cuban Press?

http://www.netfit.co.uk/fitness/exercises/shoulder/cuban-press.htm

Or this?
http://www.athlete365.net/CMFiles/cuban_press31JDZ-5242007-7268.mpg

similar to those except the elbows are kept in at the sides,the cuban press is what i use for my rotators.

It sounds like a push press w/o the bending of the knees &amp; waist. I have recently combined reverse curls and Cuban presses for the ultimate isolation exercise that covers what you are describing.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">...an isopound curlpress?</div>

LOL, that was a good early morning laugh  
laugh.gif
.  Yeah, I have to agree with Lol.  It sounds to me, like a hang clean and press, both done very strictly with no leg or hip movement.  Or simply a combination of a reverse curl and a military press.  Call it an Lcars Press.

Back