working out late and PWO??

S_F_H

I really wondered your thoughts on the fact of trying to cut and having to workout at around 8PM etc... even tho its late, would you still consider takign in carb? (in despite the fact you are trying to cut) if so, would hi or low be prefered??

thanks!

Your total calories over each 24 hr period is more important than worrying about having carbs at a particular time of the day so your workout time is irrelevant. From the FAQs I seem to recall that even when cutting you still want to get about 1g carb/kg straight after your workout (and again ~2 hours later?) but you need not have carbs with your pre-workout meal/shake.

<div>
(berserk @ Jun. 02 2006,03:18)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Your total calories over each 24 hr period is more important than worrying about having carbs at a particular time of the day so your workout time is irrelevant. From the FAQs I seem to recall that even when cutting you still want to get about 1g carb/kg straight after your workout (and again ~2 hours later?) but you need not have carbs with your pre-workout meal/shake.</div>
1g carb/kg of BW?

That is insane... if I followed that I would have to suck bread through a straw to get that much.

I wouldn't take in carbs around workouts while cutting. It won't keep you feeling full and it will probably help you stay on the diet better if you save those carbs so you canb eat some real food at some other time during the day.

<div>
(colby2152 @ Jun. 04 2006,01:15)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
(berserk @ Jun. 02 2006,03:18)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Your total calories over each 24 hr period is more important than worrying about having carbs at a particular time of the day so your workout time is irrelevant.  From the FAQs I seem to recall that even when cutting you still want to get about 1g carb/kg straight after your workout (and again ~2 hours later?) but you need not have carbs with your pre-workout meal/shake.</div>
1g carb/kg of BW?

That is insane... if I followed that I would have to suck bread through a straw to get that much.</div>
Admittedly I can't find where I got that figure from. I should've checked before posting. But I thought it's still important to replace muscle glycogen post workout even when cutting.  But let's say you did wanna get 1g carb/kg well you could easily add enough dextrose or maltodextrin powder to your post-workout protein drink. Sweetness/solubility doesn't seem to be much of an issue when shaken with ~700 mls of water so you can ditch the bread and straw . . .

I found where I got it from - Bryan's Eating for Size article. My memory did serve me correct but of course this article was about bulking, not cutting:

&quot;It is recommended that at least 0.7 - 1.0 gram of carbohydrate per kilogram body weight be consumed immediately after exercise and then again 1-2 hours later.&quot;

so i weight about 72kg. to get that many carbs its either 4 pieces of plane bread or 2 pieces of peanut butter and jam on toast. not that hard to consume.

Back