Workout music

I remember reading about a study years ago that purported to show that rock music decreased effective strength during training.  Specifically cited were  syncopated rhythms in songs like the Stones' "Satisfaction." Yeah, it could have been some sort of "rock is the devil's music" crap, but I have always thought it had the sound of some plausability. Maybe the psychic pump makes up for this, but I tend to stick with the following music:

my heavy breathing
my pounding heart
the clank of the plates
grunting and groaning

Take out the clanking plates and throw in her heavy breathing, pounding heart, and groaning and it works for sex too (well, maybe clanking plates are part of that for some of you odder blokes, too!
biggrin.gif
)

I think it depends on which is the stronger motivational factor for an individual.
Like you, I like to fire up my nervous system to full speed, but I can also be motivated in other ways if listening to a music I find inspiring, such as spanish guitar, some Irish Gaelic tunes, or other things that may relate to the inner man.
There's just something about music that strikes a resonant chord that an individual can personally relate to - and it may not make the windows shake, myself being a testament to that.
But on my deadlift day, if it's any softer than Sevindust or Killswitch Engage it ain't playin'!!!
cool.gif

prodigy singles,excellent for motivation.
old school dance and hardore.
if im feelin cheesy i might go for the rocky theme,old but good,i wanna try metallica but mates dont like metal lol.

i dont like the radio or pop,makes me feel like im in one of those posh gyms that just have machines and lycra everywhere.im in a dungeon so i like to keep it hardcore
wink.gif

80s thrash and hardcore punk...

Metallica
Megadeth
Slayer
Anthrax
Suicidal Tendencies
Misfits
Pantera

And how can we forget the classic....Black Sabbath

For my lifts, I need something really fast (i'm known among my friends for my squat "rituals). I basically start up a song that begins slow but becomes faster. (Behemoth-slaves shall serve, or In flames- the quiet place) and as soon as the song gets fast, I freak and attack that fucking bar!

Rammstein, old Metallica, System of a Down, Korn, Tool, Nirvana, Alice in Chains, to KISS, Queen, G'N'R, Violent Femmes - totally depends on the mood. Sometimes the music helps me focus, other times I need to lift in silence.

Basically the same music I like to listen to in general:
Tool
Fear Factory
Opeth
Novembers Doom
Kittie
Hatebreed
Mastodon
Bolt Thrower

Old metallica, nirvana, nine inch nails, karma to burn. I don't listen to this when i'm not lifting though. Like classical in the mornings - a bit like the calm before the storm
biggrin.gif

dam you for not giving me my test - dyers eye, metallica
smile.gif

Back