Yo, and Hello!!!

Today concludes my fisrt week of the cut. I'm eating 2000 calories per day. 150-180 g protein. I've been lifting in the 15 rm range this week, and will go to the 10s next, lasting two weeks. Then, 5's etc. At the conclusion of the cycle, I'll evauate weight and decide on repeating 10s, 5s, post 5s, or sticking in the heavy 5s.

I went from 172 to 166.5 this week. Pretty typical for the first week of a cut, and post holiday dieting. I expect slower losses after this week.

Just one week at my RM. I've increased the RM on a few lifts.

Good call, devoting extra time to strength increases is always great, and even though it is high reps, it should be fine for your cut.

I've known that dead lifting and squatting in the 15's is brutal. Tonight I learned of the brutality of power cleans in the 15's. WOW!!!

Your bench press has come along nicely!
cool.gif
Your 5 rm is quite a bit higher than your bodyweight, good lifting!

<div>
(scientific muscle @ Jan. 09 2008,00:20)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Your bench press has come along nicely!
cool.gif
 Your 5 rm is quite a bit higher than your bodyweight, good lifting!</div>
Thanks. I couldn't believe how easy it was for a while. Fo rhte longest time, went to the bench, it was like just doing pushups. 190 finally stopped me, but I see 200 after this cutting cycle.

I'm thinkin going up to 2x15, 3x10, 6x5 was somewhat responsible. Keep in mind that by the end of this cycle, I was doing 3x5. I doubt I could have done 3 more sets of 190.

In the 10s... took Saturday off from scheduled cardio, ate a little more. Felt myself getting really tired, hungry, sluggish. The day off was great medicine.

Weighed in today at 165.5. That's a pound less than last Monday.

BTW, My first week saw a drop of almost 5 pounds. Not suprising. Glad to see me getting into a pound per week weight loss now.

Just checking in....

In the 10s of my cutting cycle. Lifted for 45 minutes, jogged 15. Strength is good, Eating 2000 cal/day or so. Weighed 164.5 this morning.

165.5 this morning. Think the 164.5 yesterday was an error.

<div>
(etothepii @ Jan. 18 2008,10:29)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">165.5 this morning. Think the 164.5 yesterday was an error.</div>
Why would it be erroneous? Weight is supposed to fluctuate day to day due to caloric/water/creatine intake as well as bowel movements, room temperature, and even air pressure within the room.

Better analysis of scale weight comes from averaging the data over a period such as a week.

Weighed 165 today. Last night was my last 10's A workout. Set new 10 rm's:

Squat: 185 lbs x 10 x 3
Bench: 155 lbs x 10 x 3
Upright row: 85 lbs x 10 x 3

Not new rms:
Pull ups: bw +5 lbs, 1x10, 1x9 +1, 1x8 +2 cluster
DB shrugs: 98 lbs x 10 x 3

Final workout B in the 10s. Upped my DL to 195x10x3, and pendlay rows to 115x10x3. All other max's stayed the same.

I have cardio A.D.D.

Did 20 minutes on the stair climber last night. Got bored. Went to the treadmill. It broke. Didn't want to do anything else. Did 200 jumping jacks and some situps. Hit the shower.

Having problems. The solution: Stop the cutting diet for a week or so, lift 3x per week again, stop stressing out. Life -stuff -- nothing bad, really. Just need to get things organized again.

Anyway, worked out this morning, 5's phase, but decided to dl singles and see how high I could go. I made one good rep at 305 lbs. First time lifting over 300. Very happy.

<div>
(etothepii @ Feb. 01 2008,12:23)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Anyway, worked out this morning, 5's phase, but decided to dl singles and see how high I could go. I made one good rep at 305 lbs. First time lifting over 300. Very happy.</div>
Awhoooo! Nice deadlift! That matches my best lift.

Breaking the 300 lb. barrier is a thrill! Congrats.

Congrats on the deadlift PB e^.

I think it's a really good move to take stock during a long period of cutting and let your body and mind have a break by eating at maintenance for a week. It'll give you a bit of a chance to recover and maybe gain some strength too, as you seem to have shown.

Hey guys.

Been gone a while ... had the flu, lost a lot of motivation, diet went to crap, gained fat ... pretty crappy stuff. I have been lifting (HST of course) all along, except for the week and a half with the flu. But my head and heart haven't been into serious fitness at all.

I'm starting over, mainly focusing on training for some cycling events, and a duathalon. Started fitday again on Monday to get a fresh start on the diet. I will be lifting as well, sticking to the HST routine that has worked so well all along.

I may pop in, or may not. Depends on what's going on in life.

See you around!

Jim, I know how it goes with getting sick and then the diet going to hell. Stay on track with your training and diet and you will be fine, but I suppose I don't need to tell you that!

Back