Your Best HST Cycle

Tom Treutlein

Since everyone here has used HST, what cycle did you get the best gains with? Was it one without 15's, with extended 5's and negatives, the plain vanilla HST, using isolations or compounds only?

Sorry, collecting data.
smile.gif

My most successfull HST cycles were vanilla (15,10,5,5*) but with alternating ABABAB routines in the 5s and 5*s. Currently I am trying 12,10,8,5 and it's sucked so far.

My best cycles were in the beginning but that was due to muscle memory. The past two would have been better, but I didn't cut properly... so the only true one to judge was my 3rd one which was a pretty standard 3x/week componds only routine.

I've only done three cycles. All three have given me good results but I found that for the last cycle it was a lot tougher to get through my w/o in a reasonable time during 5s as I had gained a pile of strength in the previous 2 cycles. I was doing 11 exercises during 15s and 10s but dropped it down to 9 during 5s and that was still tough. All exercises were compounds except for 3 (bis, tris and calves)

This cycle I'm going to perform fewer exercises but add in a few extra sets during 15s and 10s according to how I feel. I'll probably miss out arm isos altogether.

I have always done the 15s and really enjoy/hate them!
smile.gif
I find that after the 5s and negs my joints really need a break so SD and 15s are very welcome.

Also, I am not going to worry about removing zig-zagging this cycle. I tried to remove it wherever possible last cycle and I ended up finding that I had less energy towards the end of each two week mesocycle. It may be that leaving it in allows a bit more time for your CNS to recover for the next big push at the end the next two week block. I'll find out if I'm right this cycle.

Back