15s

I will be starting my second HST cycle tonight when I get home from work. I can't wait to feel the burn of the 15's! Surprisingly I'm looking forward to it!

Just finished up. All I have to say is "Ouch!".
biggrin.gif

<div>
(Joe.Muscle @ Oct. 13 2006,07:25)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Great routine Bryan...good to see I am not to far off base with my higher routine HST.

However if I would of posted this routine...everyone would of told me I was overtraining !
laugh.gif

Im off to the gym and pumped up now !!!
biggrin.gif
</div>
Well, keep in mind that I'm not doing all of these exercises every workout. I just listed the ones I pick from. Generally I do three for chest, three for back, three for shoulders, and one for bis and tris.

OMG haha I think we all thought you did all of that!

None of us had the balls to question you though
smile.gif

Can I ask why don't you regularly do squats/deadlifts in favour of leg press, curls and extensions? Personal preference or some advantage that you know of?

<div>
(Joe.Muscle @ Oct. 13 2006,09:25)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">However if I would of posted this routine...everyone would of told me I was overtraining !
laugh.gif
</div>
Joe, you are overtraining.

Haha. Kidding. There is no overtraining, only undereating. Or something?

a bit of topic but seing as it was my first wk back after 5wks i didnt do any ab work,but my abs are aching like mad it just shows how much they get worked with the big compounds
cool.gif
biggrin.gif

<div>
(Peak_Power @ Oct. 16 2006,22:56)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">OMG haha I think we all thought you did all of that!

None of us had the balls to question you though
smile.gif

Can I ask why don't you regularly do squats/deadlifts in favour of leg press, curls and extensions? Personal preference or some advantage that you know of?</div>
It's an old low back problem. I'll do cycles with squats sometimes, but I mostly use leg press just to avoid any issues with it. When your low back is bad it can effect all the rest of your training...so I'm just extra careful with it these days.

Interesting. I find that leg presses aggravate my lower back more than squats or deadlifts. It helps that I am a real fussbudget with form. I had L4-L5 surgery about 10 years ago and don't need to go through that again.

My L4 is half squashed; has been for 32 years. Machine squats only for me, and I didn't get surgery because I met someone like you who said he hurts just as bad afterward, and now has no mobility. I think he had the bones fused together.

I just had a partial diskectomy. Have had zero pain since then. Without the surgery, I would have ended up with a floopy foot because of the pressure on my sciatic nerve. I was back riding horses in 3 weeks. Best thing I ever did for my body. But, I also have heard some horror stories, especially when fusion is involved.

Back