2016 Log

FPDL; 3-200kg, 5x3-220kg@8. Working on knees out a bit, which I used to do a bit more of. Might help remove my sticking point below the knee.

FSQ; 3x3-100kg. Can start progressing these next week now.

As of Monday I’ll be moving towards a more volume oriented approach, keeping frequency the same and just dropping the high intensity work on Thursday sessions. Peak single on Monday will remain.

Probably involve paused work on Friday and deficits somewhere.

Project Momentum’s 2nd to last iteration (similar).

Looking forward to seeing how that pans out. SBD daily?

Well today sucked.

Pulled the slack out of 200kg first rep fast enough that the plates whipped, threw me out of position and didn’t get shit done.

Calmed it down my doing my pull-ups to manage some 5s at 100kg, double paused reps.

Dropping my hips too low induced a pain/restricting sensation, so maybe that was a factor on the guilty rep as well.

Tomorrow I will try for more light stuff and do my BB hypers as well. Can’t help thinking I should commit to them more.

Annoying to get set back like this, same thing happened at same time last year.

https://www.irontanksgymgear.com/co...cts/pro-13mm-lever-leather-weightlifting-belt

If you look at the rest of their belts, they can out with the Hellraiser series about 4-5months later. For sure I would buy that if wife gave the thumbs up.

Used to have a 10mm, it became fairly worn in and soft (for me), but pulled 300kg in it so certainly no complaints.

The SBD belt looks intriguing.
Got a inzer 10mm bit is becoming rather soft.

Thinking about treating myself to a new belt in the near future. SBD belt looks good but expensive. The Titan Brahma belt looks nice.

Do you know if the iron tanks belt is IPF approved?

Used to have a 13mm strength shop lever belt but hated it. Just never felt right, but don’t know if it was because it was 13mm or cheaper materials

Got a inzer 10mm bit is becoming rather soft.

Thinking about treating myself to a new belt in the near future. SBD belt looks good but expensive. The Titan Brahma belt looks nice.

Do you know if the iron tanks belt is IPF approved?

100% approved. Layne Norton’s using and endorsing drove that.

The belt doesn’t need breaking in, per se, it’s still as stiff today as day 1, but the lined edges soften up. It’s definitely had something like 7-8k deadlifts done in it at a relevant load over 2+ years.

Used to have a 13mm strength shop lever belt but hated it. Just never felt right, but don’t know if it was because it was 13mm or cheaper materials

You definitely need to put the $$ up for a 13mm or it’s like wrapping yourself in pain.

100% approved. Layne Norton’s using and endorsing drove that.

The belt doesn’t need breaking in, per se, it’s still as stiff today as day 1, but the lined edges soften up. It’s definitely had something like 7-8k deadlifts done in it at a relevant load over 2+ years.

You definitely need to put the $$ up for a 13mm or it’s like wrapping yourself in pain.

Yeah might treat myself although irontanks only has one distributor in the uk and they have none in stock.

Yeah might treat myself although irontanks only has one distributor in the uk and they have none in stock.

SBD is solid as well by all accounts. Their lever doesn’t need to be moved to adjust placement/hole used. Not cheap though.

Pioneer have an excellent reputation as well.

You wouldn’t order from them direct? Shipping wouldn’t be too bad I’d have thought.

Back