2016 Log

Myo reps pendlays; 15+3+3+3-100kg. @Blade - the book didn’t say to keep a puke bucket nearby...so close to needing one.

Haha yep that sounds about right... XD

Some compounds myoreps works really well with, and yeah I prefer ones in which stability is taken care of. But onya for that!

Haha yep that sounds about right... XD

Some compounds myoreps works really well with, and yeah I prefer ones in which stability is taken care of. But onya for that!

I’m not sure I’d do them for 45 degrees and above. The injury risk due to poor-form-fatigue concerns me there, and my traps have blown up doing them for sets of 6-8 recently, but I like the concept for a perpendicular pull against the torso.

Push-ups; 17+3+3+3 myo-reps.

OHP; 5-60kg, 70kg, 4x4-&0kg@8. Should have done these before the myo-reps.

DL; 3-200kg, 1-220kg, 1-230kg, 1-240kg, 5x2-245kg@8-9. Should have been lower RPE but massive DOMS from myo rep pendlays on Tuesday. Not doing those on that day again.

1-1-3 DL; [email protected].

BB rows 10,8-150kg.

Paused beltless squat; 5-140kg. Cut short by kiddo waking up.

Re-evaluating a few things at the moment. Will be making a few minor adjustments for upper body pulling work.

Evening; pendlays myo-reps; 100kg-15+3+3+3+2. Not as bad this time.

Last edited:
3-200kg, 3-220kg@6, 3-239kg@7, 3-240kg@8. Encouraging session. Cut short by Soph waking up. Bar was jumping off the ground I had that much slack pulled out.

Evening; pull-ups; 4x6.

Last edited:
3-200kg, 3-220kg@6, 2x3-230kg@8.

Pull-ups; 5x6-bw.

FSQ; 4x3-100kg. Decided to bring these back, flat soles, ATG. Fuck BBM and SS, I like my stretch reflex. It’s also a lot more forgiving on the left knee.

Yates Rows; 2x7-150kg.

Last edited:
3-200kg, 3-220kg@6, 2x3-230kg@8.

Pull-ups; 5x6-bw.

FSQ; 4x3-100kg. Decided to bring these back, flat soles, ATG. Fuck BBM and SS, I like my stretch reflex. It’s also a lot more forgiving on the left knee.

FSQ's having been getting a bad rep lately, Candito, BBM, Chance Mitchell... all slating them. But although they are limited by upper back strength, they still build overall strength which can only be a good thing. Plus a heavy FSQ is badass!!

FSQ's having been getting a bad rep lately, Candito, BBM, Chance Mitchell... all slating them. But although they are limited by upper back strength, they still build overall strength which can only be a good thing. Plus a heavy FSQ is badass!!

I’ve never understood the LBBS obsession beyond the context of a powerlifting total. Taking advantage of leverage positions is fine, but misrepresents as strength across the board.

As of Monday I’ll be moving towards a more volume oriented approach, keeping frequency the same and just dropping the high intensity work on Thursday sessions. Peak single on Monday will remain.

Probably involve paused work on Friday and deficits somewhere.

Project Momentum’s 2nd to last iteration (similar).

Back