2016 Log

220kg-3, [email protected]. 220kg-4x2.

Glute is still not in the best place, so kept the RPEs low on back-off sets.

Barbell hypers with pause; 3x5-90kg.

In general I need to focus on the leg drive / leg pressing the floor away. I haven't felt the deadlift in my back for ages.

120kg-4x6.

Last edited:
Zero recovery over the weekend, very un-rested today.

3-220kg, [email protected].

SGDL; 3x3-200kg.

Rows;3x6-120kg.

Think I might start doing some paused deads from the floor again. Reasonable way to keep volume going at a lighter load (having a 9mth year old is obviously dictating my recovery terms for the last...oh say 9mths).

Zero recovery over the weekend, very un-rested today.

3-220kg, [email protected].

SGDL; 3x3-200kg.

Rows;3x6-120kg.

Think I might start doing some paused deads from the floor again. Reasonable way to keep volume going at a lighter load (having a 9mth year old is obviously dictating my recovery terms for the last...oh say 9mths).

Al though I hate Floor Pause Deads, I find they really help me with my weak point off the floor. I know the feeling about kids dictating recovery, My little girl thinks its fun to shout "dada" non stop at 3am at the moment

Al though I hate Floor Pause Deads, I find they really help me with my weak point off the floor. I know the feeling about kids dictating recovery, My little girl thinks its fun to shout "dada" non stop at 3am at the moment

I find they keep form honest. Paused movements tend to put you into your strongest position, or inform you that the bar is too heavy.

I plan to have a shotgun near the front door. Should ward off anyone from trying to party with her a second time...bloody reasonable approach if I do say so myself.

Unfortunately not an option in the UK and daughters current boyfriend is in the Met Police so brandishing a shotgun may end up with free board and lodgings [emoji23]

Unfortunately not an option in the UK and daughters current boyfriend is in the Met Police so brandishing a shotgun may end up with free board and lodgings [emoji23]

Luckily being a country boy, I have a licence for my shotgun, normally used for pheasants and clays, but exceptions can be made if she brings home anyone I dont approve of. ;)

Triggered something with my SI, so workout cut frustratingly short.

2-220kg, 1-230kg. Bar was moving nicely as well.

Rows; 5x6-120kg.

Last edited:
Lots of neutral grip chins this morning.

6x4 chins

Going to change up my programming a little I think.

Last edited:
Back