Another Dead WWE Wrestler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spyke

I am not a big wrestling fan but I saw on Yahoo that Eddie Guerrero died at age 38. If you see any recent pics of him you will see the guy was flat out ripped and huge. Now if you see pics of him in his 20's he was not that big at all and kinda chubby.

I guess we will find out if steroids had anything to do with this. It is sad that his name is now added to that long list of wrestlers who drop dead in their 30's and 40's.

Yeah, the guy had gargantuan arms, it's crazy. Definitely used steriods. But whether that was a factor in his death is still being investigated. Probably not.

Eddie Guerrero had a long history of drug and alcohol abuse also. He had supposedly cleaned up his act but the damage had already been done.

After the untimely passing of Eddie Guerrero, WWE and the entire sports-entertainment community is steel reeling from the devastating loss of a champion. The initial autopsy reports on Guerrero have come in. WWE.com spoke with Eddie’s widow, Vickie Guerrero, earlier today.

“It was heart failure. It was from his past – the drinking and the drug abuse. They found signs of heart disease. She (the examiner) said that the blood vessels were very worn and narrow, and that just showed all the abuse from the scheduling of work and his past. And Eddie just worked out like crazy all the time. It made his heart grow bigger and work harder and the vessels were getting smaller, and that’s what caused the heart failure. He went into a deep sleep.

As soon as they saw his heart, they saw the lining of his heart already had the heart disease. There was no trauma, and Eddie hadn’t hurt himself in any way. It answered a lot of questions. I knew Eddie wasn’t feeling very good for the last week. He was home and kept saying he wasn’t feeling good and we thought it was just “road tired.” So we thought he just had to rest. It answered a lot of my questions, too, because he was just so exhausted. She said it was normal because the heart was working so hard.

no offense to anyone on here but most guys who take gear(lots!) end up with some sort of heart related problems to deny this is futile,it all catchs us up in the end.

Lcars

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]no offense to anyone on here but most guys who take gear (lots! end up with some sort of heart related problems to deny this is futile, it all catches us up in the end.

I agree, even though one can't say it is direct, it is definitely indirect
laugh.gif
all you have to do is read what his widow says, the guy was constantly in the gym pumping away, a big sign of heavy steroid usage!

He just "ceased" his engine, IMO.
sad.gif

No offense too, but I'm pretty sure it's not really the steriods itself that killed him.

He could have taken loads of that and not died young. Like Arnold.

But take that, plus the severe drinking and past drug abuse, and he pretty much put a sign on his butt saying "I dare you to kill me, God."

Steriods aren't the work of the devil. To be clear, I don't take steriods myself. The fact that there are more deaths and health issues caused by alcohol abuse rather than steriods (and steriod abuse) but it's still the steriods that got banned has me wondering, really.

Kids, don't take steriods. They are illegal. Wait until they get legalized - that would be in about 3 to 5 more centuries. Just don't say "steriods did this and steriods did that". Most of it just isn't true. There's an old steriod thread (or two) here, search for it to know a little more (because I'm lazy, I don't want to argue about this, unless you can pay me $200 an hour to argue with you, then sure, it'll be worth my time I guess)

Again, kids, don't take steriods. It's illegal. But educate yourself so you know more than just what old church ladies would say about banned substances.

Regards, see you guys around the board! :)
-JV

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Fausto @ Nov. 21 2005,8:46)]Lcars
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]no offense to anyone on here but most guys who take gear (lots! end up with some sort of heart related problems to deny this is futile, it all catches us up in the end.
I agree, even though one can't say it is direct, it is definitely indirect
laugh.gif
all you have to do is read what his widow says, the guy was constantly in the gym pumping away, a big sign of heavy steroid usage!
He just "ceased" his engine, IMO. 
sad.gif
From what I gather, the drug abuse was pain-killers and not roids. He had a lot of injuries and so to keep in going he had to suppress the pain.

I was watching WWE Raw/Smackdown last week and they had special video messages from each wrestler that wanted to do one. Most of those guys were in tears, even the 7ft 500lb guy named Big Show.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (lcars @ Nov. 18 2005,9:45)]no offense to anyone on here but most guys who take gear(lots!)  end up with some sort of heart related problems to deny this is futile,it all catchs us up in the end.
No offense, but if you can find some evidence of this please show it. Even the government's own websites, when you actually look through them, say incidents of life threatening health problems from steroid use are very, very rare.

And, quite frankly, I'm sick of hearing people repeat conventional wisdom that is, in the end, pure BS.

I'm not so sure he was on steroids... he was definitely huge, but he didn't have a body that was out of reach naturally. He'd been working out for over 20 years... but anyway, whether he did or not.. I'm gonna miss Eddie. I looked up to him big time and this past week has been pretty emotional for me with all this. RIP Eddie...

Vince McMahan has just announced that within the next several weeks a new drug policy will be put into effect. All drugs, including steroids will be banned from WWE. There is also going to be a large emphasis on cardiovascular examination with the wrestlers.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wwewrestlingguy @ Nov. 21 2005,4:49)]Vince McMahan has just announced that within the next several weeks a new drug policy will be put into effect.  All drugs, including steroids will be banned from WWE. There is also going to be a large emphasis on cardiovascular examination with the wrestlers.
Now that is something good to come out of this at least. Thank god wrestling isn't seen int he same light as baseball or football. Then we would have needed an act of congress for something like this.

Yea steroid abuse probably had nothing to do with this. I'm sure of the astronomical number of kidney, and heart related illnesses of pro football players and wrestlers has nothing to do with steroids. After all its healthy to be on an insane amount of steroids, for extended periods of time- like your entire life, especially in a sport like wrestling in which you on judged heavily on your appearance every single day of your life.
After all, its no coincidence either that half of the NFL has a charity named after their retarded kids, with birth defects that has nothing to do with their steroid use.
Furthermore, I'm sure all of those heart surgeries Arnold and his kids went through had nothing to do with his steroid use, and niether did his kidney dialysis have anything to do with steroid use.
I'm not sure whether or not you guys mostly train at home or in a gym. Because I can tell you that if you have any contact with society, especially, the gym subculture, you will witness first hand your friends, acquaintances, or just guys at the gym who suffer from steroid abuse or even use. And will have a firm grasp on reality that side effects, including death are not a myth or wives tales, or bullshit by misinformed society but rather facts, which you should consider if you decide to use "the steroids".

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Steriods aren't the work of the devil. To be clear, I don't take steriods myself. The fact that there are more deaths and health issues caused by alcohol abuse rather than steriods (and steriod abuse) but it's still the steriods that got banned has me wondering, really.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Again, kids, don't take steriods. It's illegal. But educate yourself so you know more than just what old church ladies would say about banned substances.

JVROIG- with incredibly ignorant comments like those I wouldnt argue with you about this if you gave me 200 dollars an hour.

Joe G

oops i forgot one

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Yeah, the guy had gargantuan arms, it's crazy. Definitely used steriods. But whether that was a factor in his death is still being investigated. Probably not.

i admit its not fair to diss a man when hes just died but it just annoys that you have to be taking drugs to get to the top of most active sports these days(in most cases not all!),although i would say that in this case the steroids werent the cause of death but were a contributing factor.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (lcars @ Nov. 22 2005,8:59)]
No offense too, but I'm pretty sure it's not really the steriods itself that killed him.
He could have taken loads of that and not died young. Like Arnold.
arnie had a heart bypass right?
Arnold had a genetic defect with his heart, something with one of the valves I believe. His father had the same thing. To date there isn't one single long term study on steroid use. The short term studies that show health risks usually involve extremely hgih doses on a mg per kg of body weight basis, and usually involved kids as well. Studies where the doses are kept sane and that use healthy adult males as a sample show few if any signs of health risks. There has also been a study trying to link deaths with steroids, done by the army if I remember right, and I believe the results were only 12 or 13 deaths that might possibly be linked to steroid use with nothing definitive. Simply put, steroids do have risks but they are no where near the level most people think, and they can be used safely by healthy adult males.

Not to mention most of the health risks associated with steroids are associated with oral steroids, and it's the methylation attached to the steroid molecule that causes liver stress, not the hormone itself. Transdermal, injectable, sublingual and intranasal are all alternative delivery methods that don't require methylation of the hormone and significantly reduce this risk.

The cardiac effects are harder to pin down. Basically it's 4-5 weeks of higher than normal blood pressure and, especially with oral steroids, an imbalance in your blood lipid levels. These effects vary a lot between users and substances and are very easy to nullify for the most part. The addition of even a mild statin to a steroid cycle helps keep lipids in line and helps them recover quicker after the cycle is done. BP is also pretty easy to keep in line.

In total I'd say a typical American diet does more long and short term damage to people than a few steroid cycles a year would ever do.

xahrx wrote "In total I'd say a typical American diet does more long and short term damage to people than a few steroid cycles a year would ever do."

I don't take steroids, obviously. You can't argue that the Standard American Diet (SAD) kills more people every year than steroids. Given the choice of organic food and steroids or hydrogenated oils, high fructose corn syrup and frankenfoods, I'll take the organic food and steroids.

To guys like thehamma and Joe G,

Ignorant comments? Blaming steriods is ignorant. Not believing scientific studies is ignorant. Sticking to old myths and beliefs (that have been proven to be misleading by science) is ignorant. Wow, so who's ignorant now? With the kind of logic you've shown, no one would even think of paying you a dollar, Joe.

I don't want to repeat what xahrx already mentioned, so just read what he posted.

It's amazing how guys still stick to what they believe despite evidence (scientific evidence) to the contrary.

Well, if you wish to continue believing steriods are evil and will kill you, fine. Meanwhile, I'll stick to believing scientific fact, thank you very much.

It must be nice living in a fantasy world guys, but I'll rather live in the real world where science rules, not fantasy and myth.

Regards to all,
-JV

wow.gif
6-->
[b said:
Quote[/b] (liegelord @ Nov. 22 2005,6
wow.gif
6)]I don't take steroids, obviously.  You can't argue that the Standard American Diet (SAD) kills more people every year than steroids.  Given the choice of organic food and steroids or hydrogenated oils, high fructose corn syrup and frankenfoods, I'll take the organic food and steroids.

I'm not much for organic food.  But since there has yet to be more than a few deaths even possibly linked to steroids as a direct cause, and considering the numbers of people who die every year from no exercise and a steady diet of McDonalds and deep fried everything, I'd say it's a safe bet the typical American diet kills more people than steroids ever have or will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back