bodybuilders physique + celebrities

Next you guys are going to tell me other actor and actresses body parts are fake, enhanced or 'shopped...

The amount of muscle they had to add for those roles isn't even realistic for a natural. Not only that, but why would you assume that anyone in hollywood would even do it naturally anyway? Why would they not use assistance? You do realize that their pay depends on them being able to get those roles and keep them, obviously they are going to use whatever tools they need to in order to get to where they need to be for the role.

Ditto. A millionaire actor has to get ripped and muscular for a big paying role in 2 months... And you really think he is gonna do it naturally??? Hahaha, very funny.

Basically, anyone looking to IFBB pros or celebrities as a guage for their own progress and what they should be able to accomplish is going to be hugely disappointed. You need to compare yourself to real people. Those aren't real people you are talking about.

Chaar,

If you are having this much trouble with your fat levels, it is highly likely you are hypo-thyroid. Go see a good endocrinologist. Whether or not he puts you on Synthroid (do NOT go on Armour), you should take this every day of your life:
- 3 tablespoons of coconut oil
- .5 teaspoons of Ashwaghanda
- .5 teaspoons of ginseng (if adrenal fatigue is suspect)
- never go below 10% of maintenance calories (trashes your metabolism)
- sleep 9 hours every night, or 8 hours plus one hour nap
- 1.5 grams of protein per pound

Yes, life is not fair, sorry. But if you are diligent with the above, a hypo person can lead a normal life and still accomplish much.

What is wrong with Armour Thyroid? It is a complete and natural thyroid medication. Synthroid is a synthetic version of T4 (and only T4, no T3, T2 or T1). I would always opt for a natural hormone over a synthetic, incomplete hormone product.

Basically, anyone looking to IFBB pros or celebrities as a guage for their own progress and what they should be able to accomplish is going to be hugely disappointed. You need to compare yourself to real people. Those aren't real people you are talking about.

So what you're saying is that I can't be Ronnie Coleman size by Christmas this year? Ronnie is a real person isn't he? Or do I need to up my medication once again?

When I say bodybuilders physique I wasn't really meaning looking like a huge arnold etc. What I mean't was the muscular shape and quality

That's called leanness, not muscle size. It takes surprisingly little extra muscle to look good, after getting your 6-pack visible. And I'm on my way to that.

These ones? They were taken on the day of the post, less than 2 weeks ago. I tended to keep my daily carb allotment 25-30% higher than before I ended my previous cycle because of the 10-reps going on now. Will lower it back to where it was together with starting 5-rep workouts tomorrow. Which was not much to begin with: only half a glass of raw buckwheat for a day, or about 60 gr carbs (not counting after-workout chicken doner-kebab (~50 gr) and non-significant amounts (10-20 gr) from other foods/fruits/veggies). I had decent dieting progress before SDing (measured in waist circumference), will keep it up from there.

So what you're saying is that I can't be Ronnie Coleman size by Christmas this year? Ronnie is a real person isn't he? Or do I need to up my medication once again?

I'm pretty sure Ronnie is an extremely advanced android of some sort. Probably from Japan.

That's called leanness, not muscle size. It takes surprisingly little extra muscle to look good, after getting your 6-pack visible. And I'm on my way to that.

Yes, leanness. Also beyond that, the shape of the muscles isn't something you can effect through training. Your biceps have the shape they will always have, all you can do is increase their size, you can't create a peak by sticking your pinky out and twisting the dumbbell when doing curls or anything like that.
This is extremely easy to see with abs especially. Look at all the variety of shapes when it comes to abs. This is due to genetics.

But really, is looking good the end goal for everyone? What looks good is hugely subjective. And I don't know about you guys but I'd rather look like a huge inhuman monster that can likely bench press a car than a conventionally attractive abercrombie model type who looks like he would struggle to open a jar of peanut butter but has an awesome six pack.

What is wrong with Armour Thyroid? It is a complete and natural thyroid medication. Synthroid is a synthetic version of T4 (and only T4, no T3, T2 or T1). I would always opt for a natural hormone over a synthetic, incomplete hormone product.

Armour reformulated in 2009 which has caused some people some problems.

http://thyroid.about.com/od/thyroiddrugstreatments/a/armour-reformulation.htm

Also, the factory in Phoenix was shut down for quite a while due to a contamination problem and Armour was very difficult to obtain in the United States. At that time, many (most) people were "forced" to switch to Synthroid and found it to be a satisfactory alternative and never switched back. I do not know the status of Armour's quality today as I was one of those who switched and my doctor did not want me to change back to Armour as he mistrusted the brand. There may have been overseas plants that were not effected.

Last edited by a moderator:
Armour reformulated in 2009 which has caused some people some problems.

http://thyroid.about.com/od/thyroiddrugstreatments/a/armour-reformulation.htm

Also, the factory in Phoenix was shut down for quite a while due to a contamination problem and Armour was very difficult to obtain in the United States. At that time, many (most) people were "forced" to switch to Synthroid and found it to be a satisfactory alternative and never switched back. I do not know the status of Armour's quality today as I was one of those who switched and my doctor did not want me to change back to Armour as he mistrusted the brand. There may have been overseas plants that were not effected.

I understand that the formulation change that they made (using increased cellulose as a filler) caused some people to not digest it properly. But those people are the vast minority. I have used two generic versions of Armour Thyroid that used the original formula as well as the new version of brand name Armour Thyroid and my blood tests have always come back the same. Most people who complain about the new formulation were using the drug sublingually...which it was never intended for.

There are more people who have problems properly converting T4 into T3 than there are who have problems with the new version of brand name Armour Thyroid (when properly ingested). Unfortunately most doctors only run the TSH test and have no clue what is happening to the T4 that their patients are taking.

Last edited:
But really, is looking good the end goal for everyone? What looks good is hugely subjective. And I don't know about you guys but I'd rather look like a huge inhuman monster that can likely bench press a car than a conventionally attractive abercrombie model type who looks like he would struggle to open a jar of peanut butter but has an awesome six pack.

Those are the two extremes, and extremes are always lacking in one way or another. Being somewhere in between them (with an emphasis on leanness) might be better. And girls subjectively are more into leaner guys than bigger+stronger+fatter. Unless you're dedicated to lifting greater absolute loads. I say "absolute loads" because you can still be quite strong compared to others while being leaner. There's one notable real-life story I know of: Mike Kazakov (Israel's PL federation's president), used to weigh around 100 kg and DL 300 kg (661lb) when he was 45, which was a world record. Then he leaned out to 92 kg and lifted 240kg/529lb (260kg/573lb equipped) at the age of 50, which was still a world record in his newer category. All done naturally utilizing IF principles, according to his words.

300kg/661lb:
154993_107687439305149_548112_n.jpg

post-37186-0-00379000-1356627619_thumb.jpg

I sometimes forget that people might do this as a way to be attractive to the opposite (or perhaps the same) sex. Anyway, girls are absolutely not more into leaner guys than bigger guys.

I've gotten way more attention/advances from women while bulking and fatter than after a long cut when I have "the abz."

It's confidence, when I'm bulking and feeling strong as an ox, I have more of it. A good sense of humor helps too. As long as you are not Quasimodo, looks matter far less to women than you think. Besides, unless you are a douche like "The Situation" and insist on constantly lifting your shirt to show your abs, women won't know your level of leanness until the festivities have already started and your clothes are coming off. Very few women are going to stop things at that point and be like "um, ew! You don't even have abs! Get off of me."

I train to get big muscles! :)

However, when Im lean I feel I look much better naked. Bulked and beefy I look much better with clothes. I must admit I prefer the lean look marginally and I imagine that once Im a bit older I will probably stay leaner for health issues. It´d be nice to get as much meat on the bones beforehand.

Back