cardio after weight workout

thedrivethruguy

Because of my current schedule, my only real time to do cardio is after my workout. (or before, but i know thats not good). My question is this, should me doing cardio after workout change when/if I have carbs before/after workout. I am trying to cut...right now I am having primer + dextrose before and driver + milk (carbs from lactose) after.

So should i maybe up the carbs in pre and eliminate carbs post...then do my cardio and have another shake after? What should that shake contain? fast or slow? My concern would be that milk (carbs period, but more specifically lactose) wouldnt be good after my weights but before my cardio. Also wouldnt the presense of carbs halt the fat burning process from my weights? before fat loss would start in my cardio session, the carbs i consumed post weights would have to be burned off. After my post w/o shake currently, i have oatmeal about 45 min later. I'm confuzed but hopefully all of you arent :)
thanks for the thoughts/replies
Keith

Is there any reason why you want to "waste" time on cardio in the first place ? As far as I know you won't be able to do anything with cardio that you couldn't do by lowering cals and do weights anyway...until you hit really low bf.

silly and/or stupid as this sounds, diet is pretty hard to keep for me. I'm good most of the time, but something i'm not and would rather just to cardio. Plus for me if i do cardio even though i expend a lot of energy, I have more energy and it seems to jumpstart my day.

Also the increased activity will allow you to keep your calories a bit higher while still losing fat. This helps to keep that hard earned muscle. :)

I agree, but again what should my shake contain then? or should i not have one at all? I think that you would need a shake to stop catabolism from the weight workout... am i right???

From what I understand you could have high GH shake after a liftling / HIIT cardio session without having to worry, you get your metabolism up so high from the HIIT that you continue to burn calories even after repleneshing the carbs into your muscles, the fat burn at that point is a metabolism thing.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Lars @ Oct. 12 2003,2:53)]Is there any reason why you want to "waste" time on cardio in the first place ? As far as I know you won't be able to do anything with cardio that you couldn't do by lowering cals and do weights anyway...until you hit really low bf.
i know his main objective is to cut, but cardio does more than burn fat doesn't it? what about developing his cardiovascular system?

Back