Driver / Primer Products

zugu

Hey guys;

I'm about to start my second cycle of HST and would like to include the driver and primer products into my meal/workout plan. I have been looking and searching but have not been able to come up with definate answers concerning these products.
What is the difference between the Primer/Driver +, Advanced and the Anabolic? Im at 181lbs right now (6' 3"), and looking for more bulk before I start cutting. Which would be reccommended for someone like me?
Also out of the online stores listed under products are there any reccommended over another for price and fast delivery?

Thank in Advance.
Z.

I believe the main difference between Primer/Driver and Prime+/Drive+ is the addition of carbs, vitamins and minerals in the + series to make it more of a meal replacement supplement (glucose for Prime+, complex carbs for Drive+ according to BN). Also, I think that the Anabolic and Advanced "versions" of Primer and Driver are the same thing; Bryan probably has just changed the containers since he first began selling them *shrugs*

I usually just buy the normal versions because they are approximately the same price and have more servings, regardless of the fact that I have to add my own carbs.

Hi zugu,

You can read all about Primer and Driver HERE

Here is some info on the meal replacements, PrimePLUS and DrivePLUS:

For supplement facts go to the HSN store page (click "store" tab above). You will find a link to the supplement facts with the pricing info.

Here is a brief description of the MRPs PrimePLUS and DrivePLUS:
Announcing PrimePLUS and DrivePLUS from HSN

The introduction of the original Primer and Driver and the relevant research behind their use has changed the way bodybuilders use protein supplements. Additionally, both Primer and Driver have put pressure on the rest of the industry to increase the quality of their ingredients, and re-evaluate the accuracy of their labels. Now, HSN brings you two more standard setting products, PrimePLUS and DrivePLUS meal replacements.

PrimePLUS is built on the same “fast protein” base as the original Primer, but adds glucose polymers and an array of vitamin and minerals. PrimePLUS also contains the same unique fiber “Fibersol ™”, designed specifically to support healthy gut flora. The formula is based on the ground breaking research on maximizing the anabolic potential of a protein plus carbohydrate drink. (1,2)

DrivePLUS is built on the same “slow protein” base of micellar caseins and egg proteins as the original Driver, but adds a never before available blend of whole-grain complex carbohydrates. I don't mean a smidgen of Oatrim or something, I mean real whole grain Oats, Barley, and Wheat. DrivePLUS also contains an array of vitamin and minerals as well as Omega-3 fatty acids. DrivePLUS also contains the same unique fiber “Fibersol ™”, designed specifically to support healthy gut flora that is found in Driver.

Both the PrimePLUS and DrivePLUS use the highest quality ingredients available. In addition, both formulas are designed to be used in concert to ensure the highest anabolic effect from your pre and post-workout supplementation.

I know that new products are slow to appear in the HSN line. This is for a couple of reasons, 1) There aren’t that many products that are worth putting my name on (i.e. they simply don’t work), and 2) I want to make sure the product is “right” before I release it. This requires a lot of research into its effectiveness as well as testing for taste and palatability. Though slow to arrive, I am very proud of PrimePLUS and DrivePLUS, and I am confident they will work as promised. That’s a promise from me to you.

Sincerely,

-bryan

References:
1. Tipton KD, Rasmussen BB, Miller SL, Wolf SE, Owens-Stovall SK, Petrini BE, Wolfe RR. Timing of amino acid-carbohydrate ingestion alters anabolic response of muscle to resistance exercise. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2001 Aug;281(2):E197-206.
2. Kraemer WJ, Volek JS, Bush JA, Putukian M, Sebastianelli aWJ Hormonal responses to consecutive days of heavy-resistance exercise with or without nutritional supplementation. J Appl Physiol 1998 Oct;85(4):1544-55

There use of the name "anabolic" is prohibited in some countries. Therefore I began using the term "advanced".

I hope this helps.

-bryan

Bryan,

I noticed on your site I see some images of the protien tubs say "Anabolic" but the ones in the store say "Advanced" what is the reasoning for this? Is it a diffrent mixture you sitched to or you just changed the naming for it? Thanks

Outie

dude he just answered that.
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]The use of the name "anabolic" is prohibited in some countries. Therefore I began using the term "advanced".

DUDE, sorry didnt see that when i skimmed over it
blush.gif
. Next time Ill read the page a little better. Kinda funny whats this world coming to when countries start outlawing certain words.

:confused:

Outie

Back