Fixing HST Board

jvroig

Super Moderator
Hi guys,

You'll be glad to find out that our stats on the forum home page now correctly show the actual number of members, threads and posts. (And in line with that, we've already reached 6000+ members, that by itslef is already cause for celebration)

I'm also working on the internal server errors we are gettng, as well as the PM system. While I'm at work, please feel free to report if you see some other weird things so I can see also take them into account. Thanks.

Hopefully, we can have a fully-functional, error-free board in a month or less. It shouldn't take so long, normally, but since ikonboard seemed to have abandoned the whole thing already, I have no choice but to study their Perl scripts and classes.

Regards,
-JV

I have no idea what you said but I think it was all good!
laugh.gif

<div>
(jvroig @ Jul. 15 2006,09:49)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Hi guys,

You'll be glad to find out that our stats on the forum home page now correctly show the actual number of members, threads and posts. (And in line with that, we've already reached 6000+ members, that by itslef is already cause for celebration)

I'm also working on the internal server errors we are gettng, as well as the PM system. While I'm at work, please feel free to report if you see some other weird things so I can see also take them into account. Thanks.

Hopefully, we can have a fully-functional, error-free board in a month or less. It shouldn't take so long, normally, but since ikonboard seemed to have abandoned the whole thing already, I have no choice but to study their Perl scripts and classes.

Regards,
-JV</div>
I'm a little surprised. How come you never said before that you were a forum admin? And how come it's not mentioned in your member info that you are part of the admin group or something?

Just got to see the real stats. Wow. 6,102 members. That's a lot. And almost 100,000 posts.

Anyway, good luck, I guess.

-The Real Deal

<div>
(Real_Deal @ Jul. 15 2006,16:39)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I'm a little surprised. How come you never said before that you were a forum admin? And how come it's not mentioned in your member info that you are part of the admin group or something?

Just got to see the real stats. Wow. 6,102 members. That's a lot. And almost 100,000 posts.

Anyway, good luck, I guess.

-The Real Deal</div>
What difference does it make?

Would you have thought twice about throwing insults at him if you thought he was part of the admin?

Everyone should be given the same respect regardless of whether they are a first time poster or the founder of the board.

Probably because jv wasn't an admin before, he's just helping Bryan sort out the issues with the board software.

Jv, hope you get things working out. I'd offer to help too, since I used to know Perl pretty well, but I've forgotten most of it. Heh. Now if it was php/mysql based, that'd be a different story.

<div>
(Totentanz @ Jul. 15 2006,12:37)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Probably because jv wasn't an admin before, he's just helping Bryan sort out the issues with the board software.

Jv, hope you get things working out.  I'd offer to help too, since I used to know Perl pretty well, but I've forgotten most of it.  Heh.  Now if it was php/mysql based, that'd be a different story.</div>
Good now I know who to pester when mine crashes or goes haywire.

As far as JV, good I'm glad to see that Bryan got some help.

Just took a break from looking at the forum's ikonboard code to say...

I hate Perl.
wow.gif

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Jv, hope you get things working out. I'd offer to help too, since I used to know Perl pretty well, but I've forgotten most of it. Heh. Now if it was php/mysql based, that'd be a different story.</div>
Yeah, linux+apache+mysql+php is my forte too. If this were php, this would have been over already. But noooooo.... they had to use Perl just to piss me off (okay, that's a little exaggeration)

Anyhoo, I'll see if I got it right already. If something screws up in the next few minutes (note the time this message gets posted) and you are forced to log back in or something, then yeah, that would be my bad.
laugh.gif

All right, here goes nothing.

-JV

All that downtime for nothing. ikonboard is really pissing me off.

I promise no more downtime from now on as long as I can help it. And if the board does have to be shutdown, I'll leave a note as soon as Bryan approves it so that no one will be confused as to where the HST Forum went.

Anyway, I'll look into the scripts again. Well, I did say it would take some time, I was just hoping the minor fix would do the trick, alas, not meant to be.

-JV

All the best JV. I know what debugging someone else's code is like. Why not just translate it all to php while you're at it?
biggrin.gif

A suggestion, if we obtain the approval of Mr. Moore, should this board go down for some reason, we should meet up on Dan's forum so we at least can keep in touch.  

Dan's Forum

JV

I'm so glad you're sorting out the board!

Real Deal - you though this was a pip-sqweek board you got it wrong...it has been going since April 2002 and man...is it worth it!

And...no...JV is not admin...just another nerd...but yeah he gets to fix things as you can see. I'd say by now if I were you i'd give HST a bash...just My opinion of course!
tounge.gif

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">just another nerd</div>

Dude, did you just rip on me?

Kidding, I know what you mean
smile.gif

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Dude, did you just rip on me?</div>

Yeah, whatcha gonna do about it?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Never, just glad it is being sorted after the downtime I thought, could it be we lost the board?
rock.gif

jvroig,

Holly programing Batman... thanks for your help. I know you are doing it out of the goodness of your heart. Thanks. This board means a lot to a lot of people. If you are a nerd, at least you are a muscular nerd.

biggrin.gif
cheer,

Bob

No kidding this board means a lot to a lot of people. I nearly **** my pants not being able to get on here for a couple of days.
Good to have it back.
Jazzer  
biggrin.gif

thank you jvroig for trying to fix the bugs !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@old and grey
your idea is nice, i will keep it in mind, (and hope all others too) but i think all would be fine with this board. i was scared today when i have seen that the board is offline
cool.gif

Because here are many Cool and friendly people ! one of the best boards i know so far !

@jvroig
how about an offtopic forum part ?
for jokes and other offtopic releated discussions ?
biggrin.gif

<div>
(Old and Grey @ Jul. 17 2006,14:24)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">A suggestion, if we obtain the approval of Mr. Moore, should this board go down for some reason, we should meet up on Dan's forum so we at least can keep in touch.  

Dan's Forum</div>
I have no problem with that, also JV did email me and let me know, so in the off hand chance it happens again, shot me an email JV and I'll post it on the hypertrophy-research board for all (members or not) to see.

Back