Fructose

Nope
sad.gif

Predominantly taken up by the liver and converted to glucose, until liver glycogen is full then it is a better substrate for fat..

and large doses can cause cool GI distress..

Are there any good use for it?

A friend of mine was told to take some fructose, approx 70 grams, 30 minutes before his basketball games.

Could it be useful at all?

A touch of frucotse is ok, I wouldnt tell anyone to take 70g of it prior to a basketball game tho.
Glucose/malto would be better, as its more useable by muscles than fructose itself. But some people still believe the carb induced hypoglycemia is true i guess.

Another friend of mine looks like a badger. Short limbs you know... Cool.
worship.gif

Anyway, fructose... I have a mixture of fructose and maltodextrine, don't know the exact makeup, but the GI is really low.

Should I throw it away?

Or could I use some, lets say 30-50 g on an empty stomach, 30 minutes prior to workouts?

Be brutally honest with me here Aaron. I have no need for sympathy, just the cold hard truth. I think I can handle the truth. LMFAO..

(Refererence to Jack Nicholson and Tom Cruise)

There is no reason to avoid whole fresh fruit. On a low fat, low calorie diet, fresh fruit is ideal as a sole carb source. This does not include fruit juice, or dried fruit, or any other form other than whole fresh raw fruit.

Zack

it aint gonna kill you :)

Try it and see how you go, if its very sweet it will be higher in fructose :) but dont worry about it :)
maybe after you finish this lot you can trial just plain malto and see how it goes.

I know this is pretty pointless but just to know...while bulking up,i.e. cals well over maintainance,I consume something like 3-4 apples +2-3 bananas in a single day.Would be better to eat less fruit?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bryan Haycock @ Nov. 29 2003,2:29)]There is no reason to avoid whole fresh fruit. On a low fat, low calorie diet, fresh fruit is ideal as a sole carb source. This does not include fruit juice, or dried fruit, or any other form other than whole fresh raw fruit.
So we should avoid fruit juice?

i got the same question as boggy... i'm bulking and would it be wise to consume less fruit since fructose are taken up by the liver? or the total carbs is all that matters as long as pre and post workout would consist most of dextrose/maltodextrin? and throughout the day the fruits can come in and add to the carbs?

thanks in advance
worship.gif

I'm wondering too. Skinnyman and I have talked a little bit about high fruit intakes recently via private messaging. I was eating up 2 6 per day, 2 per meal besides pre/post workout meals.

I saw my old thread coming up again.. I've gained some knowledge since I asked the question. So I'll venture an answer.

Fruit juice is to be avoided altogether. Eat a fair amount of fruits, but stay away from fruit juices.

Fresh fruits are a good source though. Apples are great. Eat lots of veggies as well.

Back