Gimme squat alternatives

Thanks Quaddancer,

Yeah that helps. I was just currious. I know they don't equate. I realize the synergistic effect is not the same. (but frankly that is why I am doing them -- to go easier on my back.) One lifter I know thinks they are harder on your legs though -- cuz they islolate them better.

I also know different machines can have a totally different feel (like you said) --- or the same machine in a different gym can be different -- I used to work in a old gym with rusty equiptment..rusty stuff is more difficult.

But thanks -- your answer helps.

Bob

What about something like this, Ive found them for 99, just can't remember were.

Last time I saw one of these in a gym, I was a kid and the equipment was the old crap taken from the HS football team...no kidding. I don't recall ever using it though.

Thoughts?

http://www.amazon.com/Powerli....g-goods

It doesn't really scream buy me, so Im still leaning towards what Ive been doing.

<div>
(quadancer @ Nov. 16 2006,18:53)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">...a closet is all I'd need to hide some.</div>
Still in the closet are we Quad?    
rock.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Not that there is anything wrong with that!      
cool.gif

ghostface.gif

Yeah there is, ya ol' butt! Heheh.

Need2Eat, I haven't seen one of those since the first gym I went to!!! Man, that was a GREAT machine! Really good on the back and hits the hams really well too.

Back