How much Protein are you getting

• Thread starter imported_drpierredebs
  • Start date
how come your posts are always empty when i read them?

I take in 35% of my calories from protein.

For me it's easy. 16-20 cals/lb.

Then 45% of those cals are carbs, 35% protein, 20% fat. When supplimenting, the carbs will go up and the fat will go down because I want to have as close to zero grams of fat in my body while in a hyperinsulin state.

<div>
(quadancer @ Dec. 24 2006,23:09)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Supplementing what, V?</div>
Massive doses of dextrose/maltodextrin (100g) in addition to my 57g protein/57g carb shake I have postworkout.

We only give 25g of dextrose to a diabetic in insulin shock. I noticed how quickly with that amount they reperfuse, get strength back, and seem to do well. The doc I know who uses slin for bodybuilding uses 10IU and chases it with the same PWO as I use. I just let my own pancreas give me my slin instead of from a needle.

This seems to be enough to cause a really big insulin spike. Then I chase it with more as needed because the insulin release is sometimes enough to make me get hypoglycemic.

Diabetes for a little extra muscle isn't something I want to get, so I only do it for a few weeks at a time.

It does seem to help me grow and get stronger, but after about a month, I also tend to add a bit of fat, so then I back off and go back to my normal PWO feeding. It doesn't help me grow the way the guys who actually pin with R grow though. But still, any little edge I can give myself over my genetics without hurting myself or going to prison...I'll take.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Massive doses of dextrose/maltodextrin (100g) in addition to my 57g protein/57g carb shake I have postworkout. </div>

That's exactly my old PWO shake! It was the recommendation from ABC BB'ing for a 200 lb. lifter. I backed off the carbs after a while since I put on too much fat *(not at first, though) and it's SO hard for me to get rid of.

Yeah, I've gained a bit of fat too.

But since I've gained more water and muscle than I did fat...my actual BF% went down.

Where I got into trouble was when I lost my appetite a couple of months back. It's hard to eat enough to keep the metabolism cooking without an appetite. My goal for each day is to get all 6 meals in even though I don't want them. Since getting my calories above 4100/day again...I can see my abs again - they were gone a couple of weeks ago.

Right now, I'm just eating to support the things I have to get done. A little fat gain is fine with me at this point.

Well, if I do the weightgainer powders, I just get fat myself, but when your appetite is down, couldn't you use that to get your carbs in? Some of those things are well over 1000g per shake!
I actually got my great aunt to using it since she has some kind of appetite problem and she's lookin' good now!

Yeah, that's kind of what I'm trying to do. 3 shakes a day and 3 whole food meals. If I can't stomach food, I'll replace it with a shake. Those 6 shake days aren't quite enough though. That's only 3K and I need 4k+ to keep going. They beat not eating though. I've never tried a &quot;weightgainer&quot; though.

<div>
(drpierredebs @ Dec. 18 2006,03:34)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">how come your posts are always empty when i read them?</div>
You must have clicked the ignore button once upon a time on him, click it again to un-ignore.

You weigh 316 lbs!!! You GO, bwuh!!!
wow.gif

I only usually eat about 60-80 grams of protein a day and so far that has been plenty to grow. I basically just eat when I am hungry. One meal in the morning, one after my workout, and then maybe a 3rd if I am hungry

As most know by now, I eat the meat raw so my protein all comes from meat and veggies. (no supps)

I truely belive that quality plays a huge role and IMO raw is very high quality. (as is the fact its all grass fed meat, no freaky cows) However, one big thing I have also found is that if one doesnt get the right &quot;other&quot; things with protein, the protein becomes rather useless.

Things like fats (this is hugely important) and Vit A are vitally important to get with your protein. That has made a huge difference for me. In the past I ate very little fat or vit A and had to consume alot of &quot;protein powder&quot; and &quot;weight gain&quot; to grow at all. And my gains were meager.

Now that I get plenty of fat and Vit A my protein requirements seem alot lower. I am sure they will increase as I get bigger but thats fine as I have noticed so does my appetite.

If you do use protein powders I would suggest adding some healthy raw fats like raw coconut oil, raw mik or avocado and then Cod Liver oil for Vits A and D. The addition of the cod oil and coconut for me made a HUGE diference, even before I started eating raw meat.

God Bles,
Jeff

who would have thought adding in lots of energy dense foods would lead to gains in weight...

its almost like rocket surgery

Tried the coconut oil and it seemed to just put a lot of fat on me very fast. Got scared away from that. Thinking back, I was stupidly putting it in my shakes, along with the carbs.

Hey Quad,

Coconut oil is actually used as a weigt loss fat because it most definitely speeds up metabolism. I actually dont use alot of coconut because I want mine to slow down.

I find that things like raw butter, raw animal fats like suet etc, or even fatty foods like avocado and such work best for me. (egg yolks are great to)

However, if you are cutting, eating coconut oil and some cod liver oil whenever you consume protein will make a huge difference. Eeryone I put on this respnds quite well.

I have done some homework on quality and have found Garden of Life to be very good for the above 2 products. However they are quite expensive at the store. So I get mine on the net from:

www.appleadayandbeyond.com

They are ALOT cheaper.

Anyway, hope that helps
smile.gif

Jeff

You've lost me here. Are you talking about doing something like a ketogenic diet using these fats, or a regular carb-reduction diet replacing your regular fats with these?
I have found carbs with fats tend to be suicidal, unless you're trying to grow a one-pack.

coconut oil is rich in medium chain triglycerides

When adding them into the diet, there is an increase in thermogensis due to their metabolism.

Amongst the only longer term trials (even that is short) show that after a short adaptation period, the metabolism effect dissapears.

Back