HST Ebook

I'm just waiting for my proofreaders to finish up so I can revise whatever I need to. I am thinking about trying to get some other pictures of various people here to put in the book as well.

I'm still waiting on people to get their lists of needed edits back to me. I'll start bugging them some more about it.

I think you would be surprised how many newcomers would be interested in this. I was turned on to the site just recently and while I am a research nerd and will read all the science stuff over time. It will take me weeks/months to do so seeing how many years this site goes back. I will be anxiously awaiting a comprehensive summary by a senior member. I thank you in advance.

Vince

I'm getting to the point where I am going to just give up on making edits and just post it up in it's current format. The people reading and taking notes on it for me all have full time jobs and so it's taking a long time to get it done, longer than it took me to write the thing in the first place.

Good idea, otherwise it might take as much time as it has taken Bryan to publish his book for the audience to review ;)
I myself have had unanswered questions about how to optimally utilize HST principles past the beginner phase, so it would be interesting to read your ideas (and argue :))

Last edited:
You could always use the forum members as proof readers. Many eBook authors send a free copy of their new editions to previous edition purchasers after coming back from the editors for final comments and corrections. Similar concept.

Why not make it a work-in-progress and use revision numbers?

I didn't volunteer to proof-read for exactly the reason that I thought I might not get time to do the job properly. I'll be happy to give feedback on whatever you put up here. It's really cool that you've taken time to do this for the community.

Why not make it a work-in-progress and use revision numbers?

I didn't volunteer to proof-read for exactly the reason that I thought I might not get time to do the job properly. I'll be happy to give feedback on whatever you put up here. It's really cool that you've taken time to do this for the community.

I was going to suggest the same thing. Great minds...

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

I've actually been considering that... might end up needing to add stuff to it after everyone sees it or make other changes along the way.

Ok, ok. I've cleaned it up a little bit and I think I may as well release it to the fine folks of the HST forums. Any and all feedback is welcome.

You can download it here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/nz28u6ifk7h36he/HST_Ebook.pdf

Keep in mind that my aim was to present this in simple terms that most people should be able to understand, without any of that pesky science to scare people away. I also wanted to keep it as short as possible so people don't lose interest before they finish.

Let me know what you all think.

Goes without saying that this requires a pdf viewer to be able to view it. You can get adobe reader for free at adobe.com

I've already read through the "book". It's the first book I've read "cover to cover" in a couple of years..!

It was very enjoyable! I noticed a couple of typos during the read-through, but nothing major :)

All in all; very good job, and a very good introduction to a subject that might otherwise seem quite hard to wrap your head around.

Back