HST Ebook

Awesome. This is going to be hugely helpful in explaining to others what it is I'm doing. I did a quick scan to understand the format of the document and it looks good. I'll likely read through it tonight.

Haven't read it yet, but psyched to. It's great to have some kind of user manual for HST.

Totz

I just finished going through your Ebook for the second time. The first time through I made a list, a very short list, of what I would add or change. However, after reading your forward several times, it dawned on me that what I would have suggested would have tailored the book to my specific situation where your goal is to familiarize people, especially beginners, to the principles of HST. It is not a generic book about weightlifting. It explains HST in terms everyone can understand, well, most people, ahem. I think you did an excellent job and I would not change or add much to it unless you want to turn it into an encyclopedia on weightlifting.

What you have written can get any beginner started on a sensible plan to add muscle at any age and not spend years listening to the muscle-bros expound their nonsense and get nowhere. It also would be helpful to almost all intermediates as well. Advanced HSTers may tweak here and there to personal likes, goals, etc but the basic principles will not change. They cannot without changing the laws of nature as we know them today.

Now, how does this book get posted as a 'sticky' in capital letters in bold on this board? It needs to head the list so we can just reference newbies to it without explaining the same things year after year and then have them disappear because it becomes confusing with too many well-intentioned posters getting into squabbles and muddying up the waters. I am hoping that you, as a super moderator, have that capability. If not, let's find another way.

Just a side note to all who may comment on certain parts of your book; please remember the purpose of the book as stated clearly in the introduction and not swamp Totz or this board with irrelevant comments. I am sure constructive criticism will be welcomed as long as it is within the parameters of what the book is meant to be. If you don't like Totz's book, write your own and let us critique it for you.

Finally, thanks Totz for coming through when so many others have promised to do what you did in a few short weeks but never followed through.

Old and Grey :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the feedback. I do have some rather minor edits to make that a couple of the guys here have suggested. Vpanu, one of our newer members, has provided me with some comprehensive editing on top of what Alex already did, but it's all to improve the flow and such, not to really change the main idea or anything, so I'll definitely incorporate all of that as soon as I can to improve readability.

I will indeed make a sticky topic about it. It will just be a new topic, I'll probably just lock the topic so it doesn't turn into a multipage thread of stuff. Good idea with that one.

Thanks Totz. This is great news. Ideal timing for me as I'm on a short break. I shall be giving it a read over the next few days.

Downloaded and read through the intro; really like your approach. Looking forward to the main chapters.

In other news: kinda awesome, the book has already been downloaded over 64 times since I uploaded it last night. Pretty cool.

I just did some slight changes and replaced the file on the host, so anyone who goes to that link from now on will get the newer version. I haven't done any version names or anything. Right now it's really just changes to sentence structure, etc. I didn't really feel compelled to consider it a whole new version just for some changes to the wording. I also do not plan on creating a change log of what all I've changed, simply due to laziness.

I am taking into consideration your recommendation to create a greatly expanded version using this one as the base, which expounds on the science behind HST and so forth. I could call the current version HST-Lite or something along those lines. Too bad nobody remembers Bryan's line of protein. I could call the current Ebook HST Primer and the expanded version HST Driver. Nice inside joke there.

vpanu suggested I add a glossary of terms. Could be beneficial for people who aren't familiar with the lingo. Thoughts?

Glossary of terms doesn't seem necessary for HST-Primer. There's not really any lingo in there. Maybe I'm mistaken due to being too accustomed to it these days to distinguish perhaps, but I think it's something that would be better served in HST-Driver.

Speaking of HST-Driver, I have copies of the older eBooks that delved into this if/when you want some starting material.

That's because you pros use this speech every day. Newcomers have to search the forums to understand what your talking about. If the goal is one stop shopping it may be helpful.

Rbe
Sd
Metabolic work
Clusters
Zig zag
Progressive overload
Rm
Just to name a few.

Fair enough. From memory, they're defined around about the first use of each term. But you're right, a glossary of those terms would certainly help newcomers.

Index wouldn't suck if we're adding a glossary in, or else no one knows it's there until they get to the end w/potential baffled thoughts :p

Just read it. Well, I am a speed-reader, so technically I sped-read it, but it was awesome. Very clear, to the point and easy to understand. Thumbs up, good job.

I just finished reading it today and I enjoyed it all the way through. Geat job! I have done one cycle of HST and really liked it, but did not really gain much weight. Your book really gave me a better understanding of diet and eating for size. I'm starting another cycle next week and will try counting calories and see how it works. Thank you for doing this.

Thanks for the Ebook really helps.

I already drank the coolaid a couple of weeks though... i'm on board. On the 10's and loving it, and so are my joints. :)

Kevin

Last edited:
Thanks for the book Totz. A useful refresher.

Thanks also for all your constant help and advice on this forum too. Always appreciated by all on here - even/especially those of us who have been here a while.

People seem very keen to 'pimp', 'tweak' and 'mutilate' their routines as quickly as they can these days - looking for that magic routine that will transform them overnight into the Hulk - without realising that the 'basics' are what works best!

Thanks again

Brix

Back