Interesting dillema

<div>
(TunnelRat @ Apr. 01 2008,17:05)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">A little Foster's never hurt anybody...  
smile.gif
</div>
You can't be an Aussie Tunnel Rat - no one drinks that stuff Down Under!

Nope, I'm a Yank, but I took Strine 101 in college...

Foster's is about the only little bit of Australia we can get up here in the northern hemisphere.
sad.gif

Yeah guys, let's not turn this thread into a beer one!
laugh.gif

haven't given it a bash though, I stick to what I know, there's enough to pick from without having to dwell into unknown territory!
wink.gif

<div>
(TunnelRat @ Apr. 02 2008,16:27)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Foster's is about the only little bit of Australia we can get up here in the northern hemisphere.
sad.gif
</div>
Dont worry, the only part of america we get is Budweiser.

But my comment stands, beer, milk and dead animal flesh.

You can even cook it if you want.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">You can even cook it if you want. </div>

Thanks Aaron, I think I prefer it cooked, not really a raw meat fanatic!
biggrin.gif

<div>
(Aaron_F @ Apr. 02 2008,03:19)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
(TunnelRat @ Apr. 02 2008,16:27)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Foster's is about the only little bit of Australia we can get up here in the northern hemisphere.
sad.gif
</div>
Dont worry, the only part of america we get is Budweiser.

But my comment stands, beer, milk and dead animal flesh.

You can even cook it if you want.</div>
That's a shame, but any true beer connoisseur knows that micro-brews produce the best tasting beer!

<div>
(Fausto @ Apr. 01 2008,21:44)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"> <div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">He needs some more steak, milk and some quality NZ beer. </div>

Ah...ah...ah...so long as it's not Waykato Draught
laugh.gif

Been getting that...I am just going to lay off the heavy stuff...periodically, can't afford to SD now...gym's just too expensive to waste.

Gotta re-think.</div>
you dont have to give up the gym just do something else for a while.

<div>
(faz @ Apr. 02 2008,15:29)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
(Fausto @ Apr. 01 2008,21:44)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"> <div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">He needs some more steak, milk and some quality NZ beer. </div>

Ah...ah...ah...so long as it's not Waykato Draught
laugh.gif

Been getting that...I am just going to lay off the heavy stuff...periodically, can't afford to SD now...gym's just too expensive to waste.

Gotta re-think.</div>
you dont have to give up the gym just do something else for a while.</div>
fosters and bud are crap,german beers are best no addatives less chance of hangovers,unless your talking ale then its english.

Well, Faz, I must admit there are some big brews that I do enjoy such as Americans' Samuel Adams, Michelob and Yuengling; Canadian's Labatt; Irish' Guinness; English's Samuel Smith &amp; Bass; ;Croatia's Karlovacko; and Jamaica's Red Stripe.

That's right, despite my German-American family, there is no German beer there. I suppose I like Beck's Dark, but the general taste of the German beers shipped to the states all taste like Heineken and are too bitter for me.

You health nuts sure seem to know a lot about booze.
I've always said (since I quit drinking) that Bud never made anyone Weizer!

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I suppose I like Beck's Dark, but the general taste of the German beers shipped to the states all taste like Heineken and are too bitter for me.</div>
Oh, boy! I'm German, and I can tell you that Beck's and Heineken taste like used dishwasher water. Heineken is, by the way, from the Netherlands.

Beer from Western Germany (Cologne, Aachen, Düsseldorf, to name a few cities) are less bitter. I'd recommend König Pilsener. You should try Erdinger Weißbier. It's from the southern part of Germany. But be careful - it's impossible to drink just one.

Thats because we know the beauty of beer

Study: Beer beats water for hydration

Published: Nov. 2, 2007 at 8:14 AM
Print story
Email to a friend
Font size:
GRENADA, Spain, Nov. 2 (UPI) -- Researchers at Granada University in Spain said drinking beer after strenuous physical activity can be beneficial for the body.

The scientists said their study found beer can help dehydrated people retain liquid better than water alone, The Telegraph, a Biritsh newspaper, reported Friday.

Professor Manuel Garzon, who led the study, said the bubbles in beer can help quench thirst and the carbohydrates in the beverage can help make up for burned calories.

The study involved a group of students asked to perform strenuous activities at a temperature of about 104 degrees Fahrenheit. Half of the students were given a pint of beer after their exercise and half were given a pint of water. Garzon said the hydration affect on the beer drinkers was &quot;slightly better&quot; than the sober group.

Juan Antonio Corbalan, a cardiologist who has worked with Real Madrid football players and Spain's national basketball team, told The Telegraph he has long recommended beer to professional sportsmen after exhausting activities, as the drink is optimal for rehydrating the body.

laugh.gif

<div>
(XFatMan @ Apr. 02 2008,13:01)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Beer from Western Germany (Cologne, Aachen, Düsseldorf, to name a few cities) are less bitter. I'd recommend König Pilsener. You should try Erdinger Weißbier. It's from the southern part of Germany. But be careful - it's impossible to drink just one.</div>
I think I tried Konig Pilsner, but I cannot recall its taste. Erdinger isn't bad, but I am not a fan of wheat beers. What are the best dark beers from Germany?

There are two kinds of dark beers. One is Malzbier, which is also called &quot;Kinderbier&quot; because it is for kids and pretty sweet. The other dark beer is usually stronger than the &quot;light&quot; counterpart and is mostly identified as &quot;Bock&quot;. Bock beers are only available in the cooler seasons if I remember right. I prefer dark beers because of the better taste. I don't care much for a specific brand, but I certainly wouldn't drink a Beck's or Heineken because these are really much too bitter.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Dont worry, the only part of america we get is Budweiser</div>
Now I know where that &quot;making love in a canoe&quot; joke came from.

<div>
(XFatMan @ Apr. 02 2008,13:28)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">There are two kinds of dark beers. One is Malzbier, which is also called &quot;Kinderbier&quot; because it is for kids and pretty sweet. The other dark beer is usually stronger than the &quot;light&quot; counterpart and is mostly identified as &quot;Bock&quot;. Bock beers are only available in the cooler seasons if I remember right. I prefer dark beers because of the better taste. I don't care much for a specific brand, but I certainly wouldn't drink a Beck's or Heineken because these are really much too bitter.</div>
Yeah, Bocks, such as Shiner Bock which is made in Shiner, TX in the States, are some of my favorite beers. Michelob makes a fine Amber Bock too.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">told you to try something different fausto and look what we came up with</div>

Yeah, that is what I am going to do, I am using a mix of athletics warm up exercises, High knees, triple jump hops, lower leg extensions and sprints 5 x week, mixed with light weight, little rest HST say with weights in the 10's region, but kinda done like turbulence training.

Only issue now is that the athletics routine has gotten me so sore, that I had to skip 2 days of gym, will go back today and re-start, not doing too bad otherwise.

For the others, my preferences are: Stela Artois, Bavaria, Steinlager, Holandia and Carlsberg...all very fine tasting.

Aaron, cool one with the study, problem is the ingestion of carbs soon overdoes the calories spent...
wink.gif

Back