mickc1965 training log

So very very sorry to hear mate. I know it has been a struggle for a while now - but at least now no more pain for her.

Thank you, just over two and a half years of chemo, what done her in the end was the weight loss, probably went under 6 stone and hardly ate anything so had nothing to fight the cancer with.

Should be back on the training over the next few days, no strict workouts as probably rejoining a gym so need to work out a plan once I have got used to different exercises again, will still be doing myo reps.

Should be back on the training over the next few days, no strict workouts as probably rejoining a gym so need to work out a plan once I have got used to different exercises again, will still be doing myo reps.
Great to hear mate, hope you're all travelling well [emoji120]

Great to hear mate, hope you're all travelling well [emoji120]

We are doing as well as can be expected, funeral not for another two weeks so a little bit in limbo at the moment, need to get back on the wagon as fallen off food wise in the last four of five days.

Also trying to keep off the alcohol now as after drinking Friday (to excess (9 or 10 pints) with two mates) and Saturday (family 60th and in moderation (4 pints)) my mood was awful on Sunday morning and it felt to me that it was the alcohol creating the extreme anger!!! Not where I want to go or need to be with my kids around.

We are doing as well as can be expected, funeral not for another two weeks so a little bit in limbo at the moment, need to get back on the wagon as fallen off food wise in the last four of five days.

Also trying to keep off the alcohol now as after drinking Friday (to excess (9 or 10 pints) with two mates) and Saturday (family 60th and in moderation (4 pints)) my mood was awful on Sunday morning and it felt to me that it was the alcohol creating the extreme anger!!! Not where I want to go or need to be with my kids around.

Yeah fair enough, be so hard for you guys and very disorienting. Ah yeah alcohol can bring up funny things for sure.. just take your time with it all, no rush for anything, will be a bit of a process ay..

Tuesday 07 August 2018

Sleep (Fitbit) - 5:50hrs (in bed from 21:46 to 04:22)

Awake 0:46 (12%)
REM 1:15 (19%)
Light 3:58 (60%)
Deep 0:37 (9%)

Quality (Sleep Cycle) - 72%

HRV Elite info - No test

Body weight @ 163.0lbs / 73.935kgs

I’d be interested to see you do a powerlifting meet, given some of the rep numbers you post. Especially as a masters competitor.

Tuesday 07 August 2018

Midday - exercises are below max effort with the aim to eventually establish new maxes for new exercises (as now a member of a gym again) for when I have the time (and inclination) to resume a structured HST / Myo Rep programme.

Leg Press - 155kgs x 15+3+3+3+3+3

Hack Squat - 40kgs x 15+3+3+3+3+3

Leg extensions - 32kgs x 15+3+3+3+3+3

Seated Leg Curls - 25kgs x 15+3+3+3+3+3

Prone Leg Curls - 23kgs x 15+3+3+3+3+3

Calf Raise - 79kgs x 15+3+3+3+3+3

Last edited:
I’d be interested to see you do a powerlifting meet, given some of the rep numbers you post. Especially as a masters competitor.

Not sure my current PBs are enough for that, plus I always seem to get injured once I go heavier than my 8-10 rep maxes.

200kgs Deadlift
160 or 162.5kgs Squat (high bar)
currently very low bench which would only be 100 - 110kgs (a far cry from 142.5kgs in my thirties)

But you never know now I am back in a gym environment.

Wednesday 08 August 2018

Sleep (Fitbit) - 4:09hrs (in bed from 22:56 to 03:55)

Awake 0:50 (17%)
REM 1:09 (23%)
Light 2:27 (49%)
Deep 0:33 (11%)

Quality (Sleep Cycle) - 62%

HRV Elite info (based on 4 minute test) - Morning Readiness level was 6 (Sympathetic) with a score of 58, average heart rate was 55.88 (RR Interval range 49.95 to 69.90) Your Sympathetic activity appears abnormally elevated. Consider active recovery and / or the guided breathing reading to enhance recovery - PUT THIS DOWN TO LACK OF SLEEP!!

Body weight @ 163.8lbs / 74.298kgs

Not sure my current PBs are enough for that, plus I always seem to get injured once I go heavier than my 8-10 rep maxes.

200kgs Deadlift
160 or 162.5kgs Squat (high bar)
currently very low bench which would only be 100 - 110kgs (a far cry from 142.5kgs in my thirties)

But you never know now I am back in a gym environment.

Body weight is low though, so wilks would be favoured for those numbers or better.

Body weight is low though, so wilks would be favoured for those numbers or better.

Body weight is going to get corrected, noticed when training this morning (with mirrors everywhere) I am looking a bit small for my liking so will be upping the calories and stopping IF for the foreseeable future, will still be a slow bulk but it has started as of now!!

@mickc1965 You would more than hold your own in the 74kg weight class with those numbers! Qualifying total needed for GBPF British Masters is only 402.5 or 432.5 if you went up to the 83kg class.

@mickc1965 You would more than hold your own in the 74kg weight class with those numbers! Qualifying total needed for GBPF British Masters is only 402.5 or 432.5 if you went up to the 83kg class.

Thanks @Browner - Food for thought.

As I have now re joined a 24 hour gym local to work I may still train at home at the weekend where I may just do warm up sets up to a single at 90/95% of 1 rep max for both squats and deadlifts and may do a couple of back off sets, will see how recovery is from the workouts during the week.

Thanks @Browner - Food for thought.

As I have now re joined a 24 hour gym local to work I may still train at home at the weekend where I may just do warm up sets up to a single at 90/95% of 1 rep max for both squats and deadlifts and may do a couple of back off sets, will see how recovery is from the workouts during the week.

Mike Tushcherer has a client that doesn’t above 6RM until the last 10-14 days of a meet for the same reasons. You don’t have to be at high intensities for long before the meet necessarily.

Wednesday 08 August 2018

6:20am - exercises are below max effort with the aim to eventually establish new maxes for new exercises (as now a member of a gym again) for when I have the time (and inclination) to resume a structured HST / Myo Rep programme.

Flat Dumbell Bench Press - 20kgs x 20+4+4+4+4+4

Flat Dumbell Flies - 12kgs x 15+3+3+3+3+3

T Bar Row - 20kgs x 15+3+3+3+3+3

Seated Cable V Row - 39kgs x 15+3+3+3+3+3

Seated OH Dumbell Press - 14kgs x 15+3+3+3+3+3

Machine Shoulder Press - 23kgs x 15+3+3+3+3+3

Cable Face Pulls - 18kgs x 15+3+3+3+3+3

Dumbell Curls - 10kgs x 15+3+3+3+3+3

Rope Tricep Pushdown - 18kgs x 15+3+3+3+3+3

Last edited:
Thursday 09 August 2018

Sleep (Fitbit) - 5:33hrs (in bed from 22:52 to 05:25)

Awake 1:00 (15%)
REM 0:28 (7%)
Light 3:57 (61%)
Deep 1:06 (17%)

Quality (Sleep Cycle) - 66%

HRV Elite info (based on 4 minute test) - Morning Readiness level was 8 (Parasympathetic) with a score of 63, average heart rate was 56.16 (RR Interval range 47.44 to 69.50 Compared to your recent baseline, you should be able to train harder and handle more stress today

Body weight @ 161.4lbs / 73.210kgs

Back