milk??

<div>
(Ruthenian @ Apr. 11 2007,07:17)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">It could be intolerance, but I have to disagree on your statement about allergies. Not all allergies are serious enough to result in anaphylactic shock -- otherwise I would be dead by now from pollen. The symptoms he describes are also classic to histamine release, though it is apparently not bad enough to trigger asthma-like symptoms.</div>
Pollen typically makes its appearnce in the nose (apart from Oral allergy syndrome)

If your putting milk in your nose, then you have more issues than allergies

Symptoms of food allergy can include astma etc, but typically these are 'generic' symptoms collated from wider research rather than clincally evidenced work. Much like placebo groups in research have negative side effects, even if its just sucrose. Vague symptoms making an appearance from assumed causes.

Ultimately it is a matter of a name. Type 1 hypersensitivies are true allergies, and they are IgE dependent. Symptoms appear rapidly, and in some cases anapylaxis.

<div>
(Slapshotz @ Apr. 11 2007,14:10)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">So far after 2.5 days, he's definitely spewing less mucous, so my hopes are high....</div>
spewing?

and your asking for advice of a website?

<div>
(Aaron_F @ Apr. 11 2007,05:32)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
(Slapshotz @ Apr. 11 2007,14:10)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">So far after 2.5 days, he's definitely spewing less mucous, so my hopes are high....</div>
spewing?

and your asking for advice of a website?</div>
Ha! I've always liked that word, and now I finally got to use it in a sentence, even if incorrectly
blush.gif

You brought up a good point, though, and one that I neglected to mention earlier...I actually do have asthma, so that's another fear of mine with my boy. If he should develop it (God forbid), I want to make sure the triggers are limited. Environmental triggers, I obviously can't control, but at least for now I can control what he crams in his mouth.

fair enough re. lactose intolerance/GI distress. I've heard people attribute congestion to lactose intolerance, but I've heard people attribute most things to lactose intolerance... Anyway, glad your kid's doing better
biggrin.gif

btw, some 'proper' cheese is easier to tolerate for those with lactose intolerance (naturally lower lactose than milk) - but unlikely to be any good for those with milk allergy.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">If your putting milk in your nose, then you have more issues than allergies</div>
Now that I can agree with  
laugh.gif

Of course, if you happen to get a good laugh with milk in your mouth, watch out!

Funny thing is, with some folks actually advocating coffee enemas, I wouldn't be surprised at all if someone hasn't decided nasal irrigation with milk is a good idea!

im sure its been mentioned already but why not seek a professionals (ped. phys.) input.
its certainly difficult getting intelligent/helpful answers when talking to a gen. practice physc. about lifting, diet, supplements etc. they typically just dont have the specific background to even see the benefit of that type of lifestyle but..........thats certainly not what your talking about.

the problems your son is having should definitly be familiar ground to a competent pediatric physcian. if your not comfortable asking your present one these questions, its time to get a new doctor.

Slaps

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">but he's also missing out on some important brain food.</div>

More important brain food you'd get from nuts, seriously! There's not that much in milk that is so important to develop the brains either than calcium and lactose, milk fat and maybe some vitamin D.

Essential fatty acids found in nuts though are serious brain food.

If I were you I'd switch him to soy milk, no harm in that and see the results, I doubt you'd find side effects such as reduced T levels. There is not enough research to prove this conclusivelly.

My middle son was alergic to cows milk, evident from high constipation, and we switched him to soy milk, I don't see any proof that he was affected, in fact he's a straight A student.

<div>
(Fausto @ Apr. 12 2007,02:45)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">More important brain food you'd get from nuts, seriously!</div>
Hi, Fausto.

I agree with you about the nuts....he just doesn't have enough teeth, yet
laugh.gif

As far as his t-levels, the studies are inconclusive...common sense would think that as long as he gets healthy fats from other sources, he should be fine in that regard (hopefully!)

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I agree with you about the nuts....he just doesn't have enough teeth, yet </div>

Well ,you get them crushed...the variety they use for cake topping, purrrrrfect!
wink.gif
and then fish has enough of at least the omega 3 variety...so there's a start!

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">As far as his t-levels, the studies are inconclusive...common sense would think that as long as he gets healthy fats from other sources, he should be fine in that regard (hopefully!) </div>

Exactly, these researchers can a be a real pain in the ass, with all the could be's and so on...

I'm no expert but I have read that cows milk is substantially different than human milk in brain food terms- apparently inside the big skulls are comparatively tiny little cow-brains ;so to consider cows milk a brain food for humans may be a misassumption.

<div>
(RUSS @ Apr. 12 2007,10:27)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I'm no expert but I have read that cows milk is substantially different than human milk in brain food terms- apparently inside the big skulls are comparatively tiny little cow-brains ;so to consider cows milk a brain food for humans may be a misassumption.</div>
tiny little cows? kewl!!

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">these researchers can a be a real pain in the ass, with all the could be's and so on... </div>

Hmmm.....I wonder if coffee is good for me this week? Last week, it wasn't, but the week before that, the research said it was
laugh.gif

Back