Muscle Glycogen and Growth

<div>
(scientific muscle @ Mar. 19 2008,22:05)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Martin are you serious, or just trolling? Your posts are pretty ludicrous.

Aaron_F knows more about nutritional science than probably anyone else on this board...and your arguing with him isn't helping your case.</div>
Aaron wrote:

&quot;White the entire post is an exercise in Taubes stupidity, this one is the best.

Cheers for the laugh &quot;
===
&quot;If you can prevent yourself from repeating Taubes lies, then we can talk.

Heres a hint for you. Insulin is not the sole determinant of fatty acid flux across the adipocyte.&quot;
===

Aaron clearly thinks the subject is not open to discussion.

<div>
(Aaron_F @ Mar. 19 2008,22:24)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Martin clearly doesn't want to provide evidence for his claims.</div>
You are clearly not willing to accept any evidence I may provide. You said so in your first post.

Taubes, in his book, referenced over 400 papers and over a thousand books. You dismissed it all with your first statement.

We have a word for your behavior: Prejudice. You're the one who must provide evidence of your willingness to discuss the subject. If there's any evidence to be provided here.

I am completely willing to be provided new experimental data in the area.

But that doesnt matter, does it.

Hmm, Prejudice.

Against what?

<div>
(Aaron_F @ Mar. 19 2008,22:55)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I am completely willing to be provided new experimental data in the area.

But that doesnt matter, does it.

Hmm, Prejudice.

Against what?</div>
The key word is new and the sole judge is you? You haven't shown any sign of reason yet. You don't want to hear anything that comes from Taubes. That is the target of your prejudice.

You wrote and I quote yet again:

&quot;White the entire post is an exercise in Taubes stupidity, this one is the best.

===
&quot;If you can prevent yourself from repeating Taubes lies, then we can talk.

Heres a hint for you. Insulin is not the sole determinant of fatty acid flux across the adipocyte.&quot;

Hey Martin, don't forget this is a public board. There are others here who would much rather read a well documented and researched comment (hopefully, backed up by a study or two) than any amount of &quot;I'm not going to show you mine unless you show me yours&quot; type comments.

It's great that you have a strong opinion but I'd much rather you argue about the subject at hand than about any seeming ad hominem attacks.

Aaron is famed for a hint of sarcasm in his comments at times but it always comes across to me as good humoured and in the spirit of a good debate.

Demanding apologies just seems a bit precious to me when a good discussion could be taking place.

<div>
(Lol @ Mar. 20 2008,00:31)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Hey Martin, don't forget this is a public board. There are others here who would much rather read a well documented and researched comment (hopefully, backed up by a study or two) than any amount of &quot;I'm not going to show you mine unless you show me yours&quot; type comments.

It's great that you have a strong opinion but I'd much rather you argue about the subject at hand than about any seeming ad hominem attacks.

Aaron is famed for a hint of sarcasm in his comments at times but it always comes across to me as good humoured and in the spirit of a good debate.

Demanding apologies just seems a bit precious to me when a good discussion could be taking place.</div>
Ad hominem attacks? You mean like this one:

Aaron wrote:

I would like an intelligent discussion too but that's not up to me at this point. Aaron, instead of that short criticism in his first post, could have done an intelligent reply himself. Perhaps you could tell him the same thing you just told me? It is, as you say, a public forum. He did participate in this discussion however slight his contribution may have been. Thus, I'm not the only one here who should be asked to support his claims.

If anybody who looks precious at this time it's certainly Aaron whom even though clearly stated he will not hear the other side nor shown the courage to put forth his own opinion yet has the gall the ask for proof of others' claims.

Thanks for the advice nonetheless. I'll take it and act just like Aaron from now on. At least then, I'll be looked on as a jolly good fellow who sometimes makes jokes on people. That seems to please you.

Further, the irony of your post to ask for an intelligent discussion fails to acknowledge that I'm the only one whom for a while now has even attempted to make any sort of intelligent post.

I'll do one better. I will ask others to provide supporting arguments or evidence of their claims. Let's see how it goes then.

<div>
(Aaron_F @ Mar. 19 2008,20:19)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
(Martin Levac @ Mar. 19 2008,22:16)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">As we cut carbs, we also cut the ability to store fat in adipose tissue.</div>
White the entire post is an exercise in Taubes stupidity, this one is the best.

Cheers for the laugh</div>
Please provide a supporting argument that explains why you think my post, or at least the line you quoted, is &quot;[one of the best] exercise in Taubes stupidity.&quot;

Thank you.

<div>
(Totentanz @ Mar. 19 2008,20:45)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Okay, I just can't...

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I thought I could cut by reducing the amount of food I was eating. So that's exactly what I did. After all, that's what everybody was telling me. Would you believe I was eating as little as 600 calories a day and training as much as 90 minutes a day and still I wasn't losing any weight? Any weight, not muscle, not fat, nada. Maybe something was wrong? You bet. But not what you think.</div>

You are either mistaken or you are making this up. It is IMPOSSIBLE for you to not have lost weight, unless your maintenance is only 600 calories, in which case you must be a 30 lb hobbit. Or you weren't counting calories accurately.

I was actually reading your post up until you wrote that. But you lost me on that one. Try writing stuff that isn't false and maybe people will read more.</div>
Please explain why you think my personal experience is impossible. We know you don't believe me and you think I'm unreliable but that's not a reason, that's a speculation on your part. I'm asking for the data that makes you think I should be losing weight on such a low calorie diet.

Thank you.

<div>
(Aaron_F @ Mar. 19 2008,21:11)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">If you can prevent yourself from repeating Taubes lies, then we can talk.

Heres a hint for you. Insulin is not the sole determinant of fatty acid flux across the adipocyte.</div>
Please explain what I said you consider a Taubes lie. This way we know what to discuss. And, please explain how insulin is not the sole determinant of fatty acid flux across the adipocyte.

Thank you.

<div>
(scientific muscle @ Mar. 19 2008,22:05)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Martin are you serious, or just trolling? Your posts are pretty ludicrous.

Aaron_F knows more about nutritional science than probably anyone else on this board...and your arguing with him isn't helping your case.</div>
Please show us how my posts are &quot;pretty ludicrous&quot;. This way I can amend my ways and make them more appropriate. Also, please provide evidence to support your claim that Aaron &quot;knows more about nutritional science than probably anyone else on this board...&quot;

Thank you.

<div>
(scientific muscle @ Mar. 19 2008,22:23)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I think he's still waiting for some form of scientific evidence to back up your far-fetched statements.</div>
Please explain how my statements are &quot;far-fetched&quot;.

Thank you.

<div>
(Aaron_F @ Mar. 19 2008,22:24)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Martin clearly doesn't want to provide evidence for his claims.</div>
Please show us where I made a clear demonstration that I didn't &quot;want to provide evidence for [my] claims&quot;.

Thank you.

You made the first claim, but like most people playing the avoidance card, you attempt to divert it elsewhere.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Fat loss stalls or stops only if we eat carbs.</div>

This statement is ludicrous.

Please provide some evidence to support this.

<div>
(Aaron_F @ Mar. 20 2008,02:52)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">You made the first claim, but like most people playing the avoidance card, you attempt to divert it elsewhere.</div>
You made few claims so it should be easy for you to provide evidence of them. That you don't do so shows how much you want to discuss the subject.

<div>
(scientific muscle @ Mar. 20 2008,03:31)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"> <div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Fat loss stalls or stops only if we eat carbs.</div>

Please provide some evidence to support this.</div>
I will do so when you make a counter claim.

<div>
(Martin Levac @ Mar. 20 2008,03:41)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
(scientific muscle @ Mar. 20 2008,03:31)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"> <div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Fat loss stalls or stops only if we eat carbs.</div>

Please provide some evidence to support this.</div>
I will do so when you make a counter claim.</div>
Fat loss can happen while eating carbs.
Fat gain can happen without eating carbs.

That was easy.
biggrin.gif

Back