Muscle

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Totentanz @ Jan. 05 2006,9:36)]
wow.gif
5-->
[b said:
Quote[/b] (joseph63 @ Jan. 05 2006,9
wow.gif
5)]I can't pay much attention to anyone who thinks Ronnie Coleman and Jay Cutler look the way they do because of a special, secret way they hold the bar, twist their wrist, squeeze at the top of the lift, disengage their delts...geez
Right.  Because with how much they are on and the kind of genetics they have, they can do pretty much anything and they will grow.  Some people seem to forget that for us mere mortals, we have to train in a more sane and rational manner.
Clearly you have no understanding of the work it takes to be at the level of Ronnie Coleman or Jay Cutler.
Bodybuilding is bodybuilding is bodybuilding. Get it building muscle is what bodybuilders do.....

No, taking drugs is what a large proportion of bodybuilders do, and definately what professional bodybuilders do.

nice one aaron_f,he used a bad example from the start and obviously didnt fully grasp the principles of hst and for a 52yo shows very little knowledge about different training techniques
,hes more than likley stuck in his old ways.you cannot use steroid users as proper examples as they use so many different drugs.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (lievinthenow @ Jan. 07 2006,7:07)]Clearly you have no understanding of the work it takes to be at the level of Ronnie Coleman or Jay Cutler.
Bodybuilding is bodybuilding is bodybuilding. Get it building muscle is what bodybuilders do.....
Well obviously. Because if I understood that, I'd be as big as them, right? Now remind me again why you aren't right up there with Ronnie and Jay.

Let's see... you've made no attempt to actually understand HST, and all you do when someone replies is say "clearly u don't no anything abuot bodybuilding."
I think we have a troll on our hands.

If you'd bothered to read the HST articles and FAQs, you would realize that the sample routine given for HST is NOT the only way to do HST. HST is a set of principles, as you have been told a myriad of times in this thread, NOT a routine. An advanced bodybuilder is obviously going to apply the principles of HST in a different manner than a "neophyte" bodybuilder.

Yeah this guy is a troll. If someone doesn't like HST thats fine...don't do it then. Why come here and rip it?

I like how he said the "burn" is what makes the muscle grow! :D

Easy boys no need to start calling names.
I guess it's time to educate you boys.
Let's get started.
One of the keys to more muscle and less fat is jacking up the proper hormones that turbocharge the process. Most bodybuilders know that testosterone is a key muscle builder, which is why the big, basic, compound exercises dominate mass-building program—they trigger testosterone increases; however, testosterone is also a known fat burner. It can attack that fat around your midsection—especially if you amplify its fat-melting effects by jacking up growth hormone as well. GH is key!
That’s right, you can make testosterone much more potent with a growth hormone surge (it’s why pro bodybuilders use GH along with steroids—anabolic, fat-abolishing synergy!). GH synergizes with testosterone to create a muscle-building, fat-burning firestorm. If you can peak those two hormones at the same time, you can create a physical metamorphosis in no time flat.
So how do you ignite that hormone synergy at your very next workout? First, make the kick-off exercise for almost every bodypart a big compound movement. For example, some type of squat for quads, some type of bench press for chest, some type of row for midback, some type of chinup for lats and so on. Two sets of each of those types of exercises will get the testosterone flowing and your muscles growing.
Now to get that incredible synergy with a GH surge. To do that, add X Reps to each of those exercises. X Reps create muscle burn at the end of a set, and studies show that muscle burn is linked to significant GH surges. Usually it’s hard to get a burn with compound exercises, even when you go to exhaustion, but with X Reps you extend the set at the point of maximum-force generation with five-inch partial pulse reps and automatically get a searing effect. Simply pulse near the turnaround point on the stroke, like near the bottom of a chinup.
I guarantee you’ll feel a wicked burn—and you’ll trigger that muscle-on/fat-off hormone synergy you’re after for the fastest gains possible. It’ll really let the T and GH flow!
Try X Reps on one set of each of your big exercises. You can also do them on isolation exercises to create even more of an occlusion effect, a phenomenon that has been shown by scientists to build extraordinary muscle size quickly. Of course, you get that occlusion effect by doing X Reps on the big exercises as well, if you do them in nonlock style, so continuous-tension isolation movements are really just icing on the cake.
X Reps should be a big part of your New Year transformation program. Try them at your very next workout. You’ll feel the burn—and that’s when you’ll know your packing on loads of muscle and shedding loads of fat because you’re in the hormone zone. A bigger, leaner you is right around the corner!
Maybe it is time you guys consider other perspectives  besides you own....

P.S. By the way guys I do consider your perspectives and have read the HST material and I am using HST on some of my new beginner clients. I'll keep you posted on results...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spyke @ Jan. 07 2006,8:43)]I like how he said the "burn" is what makes the muscle grow! :D
Here's your first lesson pal...

Now to get that incredible synergy with a GH surge. To do that, add X Reps to each of those exercises. X Reps create muscle burn at the end of a set, and studies show that muscle burn is linked to significant GH surges. Usually it’s hard to get a burn with compound exercises, even when you go to exhaustion, but with X Reps you extend the set at the point of maximum-force generation with five-inch partial pulse reps and automatically get a searing effect. Simply pulse near the turnaround point on the stroke, like near the bottom of a chinup.
I guarantee you’ll feel a wicked burn—and you’ll trigger that muscle-on/fat-off hormone synergy you’re after for the fastest gains possible. It’ll really let the T and GH flow!

LITN,
Let me pose a question?

How much do you really think that any workout (X-Reps, or anything else for that matter) changes your test or GH levels?

Now lesson 1 for you as well.

In a human, the growth response to growth hormone and or endogenous testosterone is not anywhere near the magnitude to what is seen with Pro BBs who are taking copious amounts of synthetic steroids. So thinking that because a person does a certain rep style or workout style is going to change the hormonal impact, all that much, is wrong and further thinking that if someone follows the routines of pro BBs is going to produce the same physique in a natural trainee is wrong.

DKM,

when you dont eat you get a larger increase in gh than with training.

Im going to never eat again, gonna be huge.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (lievinthenow @ Jan. 09 2006,2:25)]Maybe it is time you guys consider other perspectives besides you own....
how about providing some evidence for very specific claims about hormones

[b said:
Quote[/b] (dkm1987 @ Jan. 08 2006,9:44)]LITN,
Let me pose a question?
How much do you really think that any workout (X-Reps, or anything else for that matter) changes your test or GH levels?
Now lesson 1 for you as well.
In a human, the growth response to growth hormone and or endogenous testosterone is not anywhere near the magnitude to what is seen with Pro BBs who are taking copious amounts of synthetic steroids. So thinking that because a person does a certain rep style or workout style is going to change the hormonal impact, all that much, is wrong and further thinking that if someone follows the routines of pro BBs is going to produce the same physique in a natural trainee is wrong.
Have you ever had blood work done before and after this type of training?
If not, you simply don't know what you are talking about.

AAS takes you beyond your genetic pre-disposition. Who is disputing that? I am talking about how to affectively build muscle, not AAS. use. Or is it that, you think, that you can take AAS and muscles just develop magically? AAS will only accelerate the proccess of building muscle. Still the same muscle building principles apply with or without AAS.
Come guys this is common knowledge......

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Aaron_F @ Jan. 08 2006,10:15)]DKM,
when you dont eat you get a larger increase in gh than with training.
Im going to never eat again, gonna be huge.
No actually it is when you sleep....

DKM, don't you see? The pros are not on AAS. We were wrong. They are all doing xreps.
laugh.gif

I like how he is talking about getting hormones to "flow". Like the average guy has this huge hidden amount of test in his sack and this "unlocks" it.

Dude if HST is such bull, why are you trying it on your new clients?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Aaron_F @ Jan. 08 2006,10:17)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (lievinthenow @ Jan. 09 2006,2:25)]Maybe it is time you guys consider other perspectives  besides you own....
how about providing some evidence for very specific claims about hormones
How bout you have your blood work done then train with Xreps for six to eight weeks, have your blood work done again and see for yourself.......

Do some homework pal.....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spyke @ Jan. 08 2006,10:27)]DKM, don't you see? The pros are not on AAS. We were wrong. They are all doing xreps.
laugh.gif

I like how he is talking about getting hormones to "flow". Like the average guy has this huge hidden amount of test in his sack and this "unlocks" it.
Ok so here is your theory: nothing you do elevates testosterone or GH levels. Wow! great theory.

You overlooked the power of the mind and its relation to the muscles...

I say HST will work on neophytes not advanced bodybuilders.

Please explain why the following will not work on an advanced bodybuilder:

1. Mechanical load.

Are you going to say that using a heavy weight does not cause hypertrophy? What is it then? Fatigue? If so, then why don't we all just do 100 rep sets of 5 lbs for everything.

2. Increased the load used over time.

Are you going to say that you can keep using the same weight continually and still grow indefinitely?

3. Training frequently.

So Ronnie Coleman only trains once or twice a month?

Also, you seem to be up on this "get bloodwork done after training" thing. Have you done this? Do you have any proof of this? You also realize that small fluctuations in your blood results would be normal, right? Even if you weren't training. You would need to see a significant rise in T levels for it to mean anything.
You probably believe that doing squats will give you a huge boost in testosterone as well.

Maybe a better angle would be this: Why don't YOU explain to US what HST is.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (lievinthenow @ Jan. 08 2006,8:25)]however, testosterone is also a known fat burner. It can attack that fat around your midsection—especially if you amplify its fat-melting effects by jacking up growth hormone as well. GH is key!
i hope you were using that as an example and not a fact,if you think that you can burn fat site specific then you really dont know what you are talking about and would make a bad personal trainer in my view,test does not directly attack your fat it can however increase your body temp/metobalism which helps burn calories,some of your points do have merrit but to try and force them down everyone elses neck,and to make out that yours(whoevers) is the new bible while dismissing all other points of view(training methods) is just wrong.

http://diet.ivillage.com/tone/tlegs/0,,11jn,00.html
http://www.oregonlive.com/shaping....ee.html
http://www.bodybuildingforyou.com/article....yth.htm

just in case you were in any doubt(about fat burning) there are a few hundred more out there,enjoy! ;)

Yeah I'm with Totentanz on this one..

Liveinthenow, why don't you explain to us exactly what HST is. And how are you applying it to your "neophyte" trainers?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (lievinthenow @ Jan. 08 2006,10:39)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spyke @ Jan. 08 2006,10:27)]DKM, don't you see? The pros are not on AAS. We were wrong. They are all doing xreps.
laugh.gif

Ok so here is your theory: nothing you do elevates testosterone or GH levels. Wow! great theory.
You overlooked the power of the mind and its relation to the muscles...
I say HST will work on neophytes not advanced bodybuilders.
I didn't say nothing will do it. Injecting test and GH will raise the levels in my body for sure.

The mind thing makes no sense at all. If it did all I would have to do is sit on my @$$ and think about my muscles growing and I will be huge!

The fact is that if you train frequently enough (every 48 hours or so) and continue to increase the load while eating enough, you will grow. At some point you will reach your genetic limit. At that point it will become much harder to gain new muscle and all the xreps and mind over muscle crap wont do a whole lot. That is where AAS comes in for some people.

Liveinthenow why don't you post a pic of yourself so we can all see if you are for real. Black out the face but hold up a piece of paper that says HST or something so we know its really you!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spyke @ Jan. 08 2006,12:30)]The mind thing makes no sense at all. If it did all I would have to do is sit on my @$$ and think about my muscles growing and I will be huge!
Clearly you have never made nor heard of mind muscle connection......

BORED monkeys make stupid monkeys. That's the possibility raised by a study in which Charles Gross of Princeton University showed that the richness of a primate's environment affects its brain structure…” An examination of the monkeys' brains showed that those housed in the [enriched environments] developed denser neuron growth and almost double the amount of certain synaptic proteins that the brain uses to relay messages between neurons (Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, DOI: 10.1073/pnas.0508817102). “Both of these reflect not only how much a monkey has learned, but also its ability to learn,” Gross says. “The study may also hold lessons for humans.” People are directly affected by what they do and what's in their environments. Gross adds: “We're just lucky that those are choices we get to make.”

When someone recommends to us a new perspective, a new mental activity, or a novel attitude which resonates with us, we feel a flash of excitement over its freshness, in anticipating the positive changes it may bring about, but we also feel a nip of self-reproach in the realization that this fresh idea was always untouched in the attics of our minds, and that we did not spend enough time groping about for it. This is an example of the ignorance of self-ignorance.

HST is not the founder of the principles of building muscles.
HST is a borrowed version of these principles.
Are you guys like a cult following of HST?

Back