Not gaining muscle?  This is why.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">It looks to me like there is a lot of evidence in both directions and the only clear answers are: don't starve yourself and expect to grow, and do what works best for you, because faz makes the best point here:
&quot;some newbies to training and diet because of work and other commitments might not get the time to down 7 a day, they might only be able to get 3 but because they have been told that they must eat 7 a day,they may think to themselves whats the point in training if im not getting enough food enough times a day.&quot;</div>

Fair enough, but for those of us who have just about pushed our bodies almost as far as they can go in hypertrophy or strength, it becomes increasingly more important that we do even the little things correctly to continue to make progress.

cheers john
cool.gif
and i like the marathon runner analagy i might use that
biggrin.gif

steve

Fair enough, but for those of us who have just about pushed our bodies almost as far as they can go in hypertrophy or strength, it becomes increasingly more important that we do even the little things correctly to continue to make progress.

i agree that when you get to a certain level minute things can make a difference,but most people are not elite athletes and shouldnt be given the same advice thats basicly what i am meaning.

About Faz's point:

I am on that level where it is difficult for me to keep a family life and train, let alone trying to feed myself 7 times a day!

So...I do my best by feeding meself with a little protein powder when I need extra and squeezing the extra meal here and there...so far I have not done too bad
cool.gif

Man...I have to defend myself so I can keep training even though I do it at home, it is a delicate situation...best of both worlds...negotiated to keep training twice p/week and keep focus where necessary...pffff...married life!
wink.gif

I share John's HIT intensity feel in the way I train, but mostly do HST, I do like to use some of the 5 x 5 westside approach too, it has given me a lot of gained strength.

And then I am guilty of not eating enough to gain the muscle I wanted so...kudus for thread starter.
wink.gif

Hey...the negativity sometimes happens, cool is good...roger that!

<div>
(stevejones @ Jun. 06 2007,11:58)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Yeah I knew exactly what you meant.  I'm just trying to explain why I'm anal retentive about food.</div>
cool.gif
i was getting that way myself mate, not only on the food but also on, weights,cardio,sleep, i decided to just eat clean food when i am hungry and stick to a good workout with basic compounds.

sometimes you can get overloaded with info and thats the experienced guys like us,so thats why i get a bit upsett when i here people telling begginers that they must do this or must do that.

if a begginer asks for my advice i say fullbody 3x a wk,cardio on non weights days if you want it, and eat clean real food.
they can grow on that and learn to tweak things themselves as they get more experience and it doesnt confuse them with science.
cool.gif
biggrin.gif

I don't think anyone here would argue that in most cases when someone isn't making progress that they probably aren't eating enough.  Especially if they are following the HST principles.  And the only reason I mentioned the research review I did was because the OP said…
<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"> As for the eating every 2.5-3 hours deal, it's common knowledge that there are a multitude of benefits to eating smaller meals more often rather than eating a few larger meals. </div>
But the reality is the only real benefit to eating several times per day that I have seen proven is that it allows you to eat the necessary calories to gain weight simply because of the massive amount of food that must be eaten by most bodybuilders.

Telling someone that is having a problem gaining that they should eat more frequently is a great idea as long as the message is clear that the reason for the extra feedings is to increase calorie intake.

<div>
(Bulldog @ Jun. 06 2007,10:48)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I don't think anyone here would argue that in most cases when someone isn't making progress that they probably aren't eating enough.  Especially if they are following the HST principles.  And the only reason I mentioned the research review I did was because the OP said…
<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"> As for the eating every 2.5-3 hours deal, it's common knowledge that there are a multitude of benefits to eating smaller meals more often rather than eating a few larger meals. </div>
But the reality is the only real benefit to eating several times per day that I have seen proven is that it allows you to eat the necessary calories to gain weight simply because of the massive amount of food that must be eaten by most bodybuilders.

Telling someone that is having a problem gaining that they should eat more frequently is a great idea as long as the message is clear that the reason for the extra feedings is to increase calorie intake.</div>
Exactly, at 5'11' and 245-250lbs. (depending on how recently I &quot;eliminated&quot;) and currently sporting between 15- 18% BF, the amount I need to eat each day in order to preserve the 65-70 lbs over what my body (selfish b*st*rd ) thinks it should be (probably 180 or so with no need to lug around excess muscle)AND force it to Put on even more mass would completely wreck my digestive system (not to mention my toilet) if taken in the 3 squares a day fashion. Eating big is extremely taxing and hard , splitting the food up into 3 hour feedings makes it (slightly) more bearable.
smile.gif

<div>
(John Steel @ Jun. 06 2007,01:57)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Totentanz:
&quot;But anyway, who cares how many meals a day someone is eating?&quot;

Bryan Haycock cares. And so did you, enough to argue about it anyway:</div>
Touche. Honestly, the only reason I cared was because he said (paraphrased) &quot;you MUST eat every 2.5-3 hours&quot; which isn't true. I agree, and even stated that I agree, that more meals is generally necessary when bulking, just because it is difficult to get in all the calories in one, two or even three meals, unless you are very small and require few calories to grow.
But you don't have to eat every few hours. Spread it out however you can, the important thing is that you can maintain your diet. So whichever plan allows for that is the plan you should go with.

Besides, if you are bulking, it is unlikely that your stomach will be empty within 2.5-3 hours. So... instead of telling people obscure rules like that, like the OP laid out in his post, we could actually tell the people the truth so they can learn to think for themselves.

Anyway, I get what you are saying about the HSN links about diet. Just remember that this stuff about nutrition was written years ago by Bryan and might not be totally up to date. Like you said, research the stuff yourself. Use HST/HSN as a starting point and start reading. That's the best bet.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">
How tall are you? 5' 10&quot;
How much do you weigh? 210
Bodyfat percentage? ~8%
How much can you deadlift? 625 lbs. without gloves, straps, wraps or even shoes.

Your turn.
</div>

Okay. You've got my respect. I wasn't seriously requesting him to post his stats though, just pointing out the absurdity of saying &quot;150 lb experts&quot; being the authors of the studies we read. But anyway, you are bigger than me, so congrats.

How tall are you? 6' 1&quot;
How much do you weigh? 210
Bodyfat percentage? No idea. Rough four pack at the moment. Obviously a bit soft.
How much can you deadlift? I pulled 405 lbs. the other day, also without gloves, straps, wraps or even shoes. I did use chalk though.

Also, if it matters, I have posted pics in the pictures thread if you really do want to see them.

Totentanz:
&quot;I wasn't seriously requesting him to post his stats though, just pointing out the absurdity of saying &quot;150 lb experts&quot; being the authors of the studies we read.&quot;

I know what you mean. Some of the strongest people in the world (pound for pound) are tiny and it's not everyone's goal to weigh 300 pounds--whether we have the knowledge to do it or not. I actually gain size faster than I gain strength and I'm sure I'd look like a fat toad if I went over 220. I'm not only relatively short, but I have short arms and legs as well--Barney Rubble. I'm probably 6' 3&quot; while sitting down.
Your stats are impressive as well and I've seen that you're well-respected here--that alone earns my respect. Stay cool.

<div>
(John Steel @ Jun. 06 2007,22:58)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Aaron_F:
&quot;The body does have a lovely pool of amino acids, never mind that 3-4hours is less than the digestion period.  Never mind that maintaining amino acids at a high level constantly may not actually lead to more gains in the first place, but thats beside the point for the people who want ot eat ever 3hours.&quot;

The quote is from this very site.
http://www.hypertrophy-specific.com/products.html
Daily Protein Intake Levels
Current recommendations for total protein intake for athletes is between 1.6-1.8 grams per kilogram body weight, depending on who you read, however, it is not uncommon for bodybuilders to consume in excess of 2 grams per kg (1 gram per pound) of body weight with no ill effects. It should be remembered that the body does not have the capacity to effectively store amino acids so protein should be eaten at least every 3-4 hours.

If there is a pool of amino acids, it's going to be pulled from existing muscle if and when protein is lacking in the diet.  Better safe than sorry.  Plus, I can't imagine anyone getting all of the total calories they need for growth without having several meals daily, especially if they're clean calories, rather than sugar and grease.  Mmm, KFC.  Some weight gainers maybe, but I wouldn't use the stuff myself.</div>
I will put it very simply for you,

I dont care if the quote is from this very site.  

The pool of amino acids is not just muscle.

<div>
(stevejones @ Jun. 06 2007,23:22)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Then, Aaron chimes in and disagrees with Bryan and everything becomes quite confusing again.  That's bodybuilding for ya !  
laugh.gif
</div>
Bryans writings on the subject are at least 4 years old, and science has made progress in the area.

Eating 3-4 hours works, but its not required.

One of the key benefits is that it allows you to eat more food, which for some people is important.

Aaron_F:
&quot;I will put it very simply for you,

The pool of amino acids is not just muscle.&quot;

I will put it very simply for you.
I'd like to see some of this information for myself and I'm sure others would as well.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Bryans writings on the subject are at least 4 years old, and science has made progress in the area.</div>

Bryan, Dan... this is a challenge to update our science based info, right?

Let's help if we can, with all due respect!
cool.gif

<div>
(John Steel @ Jun. 07 2007,17:57)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Aaron_F:

I'd like to see some of this information for myself and I'm sure others would as well.</div>
I take it writing a PM entitled &quot;Expert, my ass&quot; was not enough for you? Or would you prefer that I cut and paste commetns from bryan as an indication of my knowledge?

Do you want evidence of meal frequency itself, or the digestion rate of protein from mixed or single sources? or maybe something different?

When protein intake is low, frequency becomes more important. But this in the calorically restricted enviroment with sub=rda levels of protein. its a non-pubmed article so I cannot online articles for that. Digestion rate of foods, there are a number, a review paper from Neill Mann, hes a nice guy from RMIT in Melbourne

A review of issues of dietary protein intake in humans.
Bilsborough S, Mann N.

B Personal Pty Ltd., Melbourne, Victoria 3001, Australia.

Considerable debate has taken place over the safety and validity of increased protein intakes for both weight control and muscle synthesis. The advice to consume diets high in protein by some health professionals, media and popular diet books is given despite a lack of scientific data on the safety of increasing protein consumption. The key issues are the rate at which the gastrointestinal tract can absorb amino acids from dietary proteins (1.3 to 10 g/h) and the liver's capacity to deaminate proteins and produce urea for excretion of excess nitrogen. The accepted level of protein requirement of 0.8g x kg(-1) x d(-1) is based on structural requirements and ignores the use of protein for energy metabolism. High protein diets on the other hand advocate excessive levels of protein intake on the order of 200 to 400 g/d, which can equate to levels of approximately 5 g x kg(-1) x d(-1), which may exceed the liver's capacity to convert excess nitrogen to urea. Dangers of excessive protein, defined as when protein constitutes &gt; 35% of total energy intake, include hyperaminoacidemia, hyperammonemia, hyperinsulinemia nausea, diarrhea, and even death (the &quot;rabbit starvation syndrome&quot;). The three different measures of defining protein intake, which should be viewed together are: absolute intake (g/d), intake related to body weight (g x kg(-1) x d(-1)) and intake as a fraction of total energy (percent energy). A suggested maximum protein intake based on bodily needs, weight control evidence, and avoiding protein toxicity would be approximately of 25% of energy requirements at approximately 2 to 2.5 g x kg(-1) x d(-1), corresponding to 176 g protein per day for an 80 kg individual on a 12,000kJ/d diet. This is well below the theoretical maximum safe intake range for an 80 kg person (285 to 365 g/d).

take careful note of the rate of amino acid uptake from the gut. 1.3-10grams per hour, which is highly likely on the low side, because its based off research that included small doses of protein rather htan maximal as well as being uncorrected for bodyweight, but it provides a reasonable idea of what is happening in the gut. If you provide a large meal, ~50g protein, the body cannot digest this quickly, so due in a large part to something called hte ileal (and duodenal) brake, the body slows ejection of the mixture from the guy to allow the intestines the ability to digest as much amino acids from the mixture as possible. Even eating as little as 30g of protein from whey, amino acids are still appearing 3-4hours later.
This once again supports what I claimed above, if you are eating low doses of protein, eating frequently becomes more important.

In terms of maintaining a blood level of amino acids not being the best. This is a piece from Robert Wolfes group, that was looking at IV amino acids, a somewhat artificial enviroment, but gives us an indication of maintaining amino acids.

Latency and duration of stimulation of human muscle protein synthesis during continuous infusion of amino acids.
Bohé J, Low JF, Wolfe RR, Rennie MJ.

Metabolism Unit, Department of Surgery, University of Texas Medical Branch, Shriners Burns Hospital, Galveston, TX 77550, USA.

1. The aim of this study was to describe the time course of the response of human muscle protein synthesis (MPS) to a square wave increase in availability of amino acids (AAs) in plasma. We investigated the responses of quadriceps MPS to a approximately 1.7-fold increase in plasma AA concentrations using an intravenous infusion of 162 mg (kg body weight)(-1) h(-1) of mixed AAs. MPS was estimated from D3-leucine labelling in protein after a primed, constant intravenous infusion of D3-ketoisocaproate, increased appropriately during AA infusion. 2. Muscle was separated into myofibrillar, sarcoplasmic and mitochondrial fractions. MPS, both of mixed muscle and of fractions, was estimated during a basal period (2.5 h) and at 0.5-4 h intervals for 6 h of AA infusion. 3. Rates of mixed MPS were not significantly different from basal (0.076 +/- 0.008 % h(-1)) in the first 0.5 h of AA infusion but then rose rapidly to a peak after 2 h of approximately 2.8 times the basal value. Thereafter, rates declined rapidly to the basal value. All muscle fractions showed a similar pattern. 4. The results suggest that MPS responds rapidly to increased availability of AAs but is then inhibited, despite continued AA availability. These results suggest that the fed state accretion of muscle protein may be limited by a metabolic mechanism whenever the requirement for substrate for protein synthesis is exceeded.

This doesnt quite give us an idea of what happens following a meal, but some early data presented by Natural Bodybuilder Layne Norton, who is studying within Doug Laymans group indicates that while amino acids are raised 3hrs following a meal, protien synthesis drops off relatively early*, matching the IV study listed above. Eating large meals routinely over the course of a day, maintains plasma amino acids at a high level all of the time, meaning that protein synthesis is blunted. Obviously this is not the rate limiting piece, but may be something that is useful to manipulate in order to speed gains towards the natural maximum.

* 694.6 Translational controls of muscle protein synthesis are delayed and prolonged associated with ingestion of a complete meal. L.E. Norton, D.K. Layman, P.J. Garlick, D. Brana, T.G. Anthony, L. Zhao, S. Devkota and D Walker. Univ. of Illinois, Urbana and Indiana Univ. Sch. of Med Evansville. This is unpublished at this point, the abstract should be available from FASEB, but htey are typically very slow to get the abstracts available from FASEBJ.com

<div>
(Aaron_F @ Jun. 07 2007,05:00)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
(John Steel @ Jun. 07 2007,17:57)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Aaron_F:

I'd like to see some of this information for myself and I'm sure others would as well.</div>
I take it writing a PM entitled &quot;Expert, my ass&quot; was not enough for you?  Or would you prefer that I cut and paste commetns from bryan as an indication of my knowledge?

Do you want evidence of meal frequency itself, or the digestion rate of protein from mixed or single sources? or maybe something different?

When protein intake is low, frequency becomes more important.  But this in the calorically restricted enviroment with sub=rda levels of protein.  its a non-pubmed article so I cannot online articles for that.  Digestion rate of foods, there are a number, a review paper from Neill Mann, hes a nice guy from RMIT in Melbourne

A review of issues of dietary protein intake in humans.
Bilsborough S, Mann N.

B Personal Pty Ltd., Melbourne, Victoria 3001, Australia.

Considerable debate has taken place over the safety and validity of increased protein intakes for both weight control and muscle synthesis. The advice to consume diets high in protein by some health professionals, media and popular diet books is given despite a lack of scientific data on the safety of increasing protein consumption. The key issues are the rate at which the gastrointestinal tract can absorb amino acids from dietary proteins (1.3 to 10 g/h) and the liver's capacity to deaminate proteins and produce urea for excretion of excess nitrogen. The accepted level of protein requirement of 0.8g x kg(-1) x d(-1) is based on structural requirements and ignores the use of protein for energy metabolism. High protein diets on the other hand advocate excessive levels of protein intake on the order of 200 to 400 g/d, which can equate to levels of approximately 5 g x kg(-1) x d(-1), which may exceed the liver's capacity to convert excess nitrogen to urea. Dangers of excessive protein, defined as when protein constitutes &gt; 35% of total energy intake, include hyperaminoacidemia, hyperammonemia, hyperinsulinemia nausea, diarrhea, and even death (the &quot;rabbit starvation syndrome&quot;). The three different measures of defining protein intake, which should be viewed together are: absolute intake (g/d), intake related to body weight (g x kg(-1) x d(-1)) and intake as a fraction of total energy (percent energy). A suggested maximum protein intake based on bodily needs, weight control evidence, and avoiding protein toxicity would be approximately of 25% of energy requirements at approximately 2 to 2.5 g x kg(-1) x d(-1), corresponding to 176 g protein per day for an 80 kg individual on a 12,000kJ/d diet. This is well below the theoretical maximum safe intake range for an 80 kg person (285 to 365 g/d).

take careful note of the rate of amino acid uptake from the gut.  1.3-10grams per hour, which is highly likely on the low side, because its based off research that included small doses of protein rather htan maximal as well as being uncorrected for bodyweight, but it provides a reasonable idea of what is happening in the gut.  If you provide a large meal, ~50g protein, the body cannot digest this quickly, so due in a large part to something called hte ileal (and duodenal) brake, the body slows ejection of the mixture from the guy to allow the intestines the ability to digest as much amino acids from the mixture as possible.  Even eating as little as 30g of protein from whey, amino acids are still appearing 3-4hours later.
This once again supports what I claimed above, if you are eating low doses of protein, eating frequently becomes more important.  

In terms of maintaining a blood level of amino acids not being the best.  This is a piece from Robert Wolfes group, that was looking at IV amino acids, a somewhat artificial enviroment, but gives us an indication of maintaining amino acids.

Latency and duration of stimulation of human muscle protein synthesis during continuous infusion of amino acids.
Bohé J, Low JF, Wolfe RR, Rennie MJ.

Metabolism Unit, Department of Surgery, University of Texas Medical Branch, Shriners Burns Hospital, Galveston, TX 77550, USA.

1. The aim of this study was to describe the time course of the response of human muscle protein synthesis (MPS) to a square wave increase in availability of amino acids (AAs) in plasma. We investigated the responses of quadriceps MPS to a approximately 1.7-fold increase in plasma AA concentrations using an intravenous infusion of 162 mg (kg body weight)(-1) h(-1) of mixed AAs. MPS was estimated from D3-leucine labelling in protein after a primed, constant intravenous infusion of D3-ketoisocaproate, increased appropriately during AA infusion. 2. Muscle was separated into myofibrillar, sarcoplasmic and mitochondrial fractions. MPS, both of mixed muscle and of fractions, was estimated during a basal period (2.5 h) and at 0.5-4 h intervals for 6 h of AA infusion. 3. Rates of mixed MPS were not significantly different from basal (0.076 +/- 0.008 % h(-1)) in the first 0.5 h of AA infusion but then rose rapidly to a peak after 2 h of approximately 2.8 times the basal value. Thereafter, rates declined rapidly to the basal value. All muscle fractions showed a similar pattern. 4. The results suggest that MPS responds rapidly to increased availability of AAs but is then inhibited, despite continued AA availability. These results suggest that the fed state accretion of muscle protein may be limited by a metabolic mechanism whenever the requirement for substrate for protein synthesis is exceeded.

This doesnt quite give us an idea of what happens following a meal, but some early data presented by Natural Bodybuilder Layne Norton, who is studying within Doug Laymans group indicates that while amino acids are raised 3hrs following a meal, protien synthesis drops off relatively early*, matching the IV study listed above.   Eating large meals routinely over the course of a day, maintains plasma amino acids at a high level all of the time, meaning that protein synthesis is blunted.  Obviously this is not the rate limiting piece, but may be something that is useful to manipulate in order to speed gains towards the natural maximum.

* 694.6 Translational controls of muscle protein synthesis are delayed and prolonged associated with ingestion of a complete meal. L.E. Norton, D.K. Layman, P.J. Garlick, D. Brana, T.G. Anthony, L. Zhao, S. Devkota and D Walker. Univ. of Illinois, Urbana and Indiana Univ. Sch. of Med Evansville.  This is unpublished at this point, the abstract should be available from FASEB, but htey are typically very slow to get the abstracts available from FASEBJ.com</div>
Don`t bother with him. Asides from the whiny ass PMs(that are quite entertaining, mind you, they`re like internet tough guy to the max), there`s nothing fun about this latest trollish incarnation(there seems to be a lot of em here these days). Say, wanna trade PMs?Mine are with profanity, homophobia and stuff...and of course, the best, Internet threats.
laugh.gif

I hit the ignore button after I read the &quot;Rookie Question&quot; thread morning.  Enough is enough.  
wink.gif

Obviously JS doesn't appreciate the fact that most people here prefer scientific studies and the truths they bring to the table over the BS that has been passed down from Arnie and the early BB's who had no real clue what was really good and bad.  Did it work for them?  Sure it did.  But they were all also using AAS where most people on this forum are natural and need to know what really works.

And the childish rantings JS posts saying everyone here gangs up on and flames all the new people is outright BS.

Keep on posting JS.....but I won't be wasting my time reading your rants.

Understand, by method and approach, that he is a troll. It is a studied attitude, and it`s fairly obvious. The fact that everyone was up and:welcome bro, you seem to know your stuff etc., should raise a couple of eyebrows, wouldn`t you agree?

This thread has gotten way out of hand, and I'm sort of loving it...
tounge.gif

Anyway, the original point was NOT to be an @$$, but rather to point out the obvious. I'd say at least 9 out of 10 people that visit this site want to get big. I'll also go ahead and say that a similar percentage are those who have tried what Joe Schmoe in the gym told them to do, got no results, and Googled &quot;build muscle fast&quot;. So now they try HST with a garbage diet, end up LOSING weight, and start posting because they think HST sucks.

I don't care how you slice it...the fastest way to get big (naturally anyway) is to lift big, and EAT BIG. I'm talking good bodybuilding food here. Steak, oatmeal, fish, chicken, rice, potatoes. You can throw as many studies at me as you want, but you can take 2 twins, set up equal HST workouts, have one eating how I'm outlining (2g protein/lb, spread over 6ish meals per day, carb cutoff about 4 hours before bed keeps bodyfat down) and one eating just enough to get by to gain 1 lb of muscle a year and you're going to see a drastic difference.

I'm not trying to tell you what to do, nor to eat 10 meals a day. At 210lbs, I'm up around 4000 calories a day and 400-450g of protein. Have you ever tried eating 400g protein over 3 meals? That's around 130g of protein per sitting!

Too much of a &quot;hassle&quot; for you to eat more than 3 meals a day? Well, then, I guess you're just not cut out for this bodybuilding thing then. I'll tell you one thing though, the people who read this post and all of a sudden a lightbulb flashes on in their head....they are going to be walking all over the rest of you in a couple of months
smile.gif

Today's diet:

Breakfast
1 bowl Cheerios with milk

Lunch
Ham sandwich on wheat bread
Chips
Pudding
Diet coke

Pre-Workout
No-xplode for the INSANE PUMPS

Post-Workout
Protein shake

Dinner
Chicken breast
corn
potatoes

Why am I not gaining weight?

answer: MY 7 YEAR OLD SISTER EATS MORE THAN YOU.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I'd say at least 9 out of 10 people that visit this site want to get big.</div>

Wrong, some of them actually enjoy being total fools!
laugh.gif

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">(2g protein/lb, spread over 6ish meals per day, carb cutoff about 4 hours before bed keeps bodyfat down)</div>

I think I could settle for 2g protein p/ Kg bodyweight 2g p pound is a bit too much IMO.
wink.gif

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">MY 7 YEAR OLD SISTER EATS MORE THAN YOU. </div>

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
that one just killed me!

Back