Pictures everyone?

All I think he meant by skinny is "not huge, low bodyfat" which is true. HE is not very big, has low bodyfat and is 'skinny' in that sense. Of course he has good upper body development and looks great with the low bodyfat.

Want to gain....you came to the right place! In a year or two I can see you being 175 lb.s with low bodyfat!

My legs are fairly proportionate, but could use more size and development. My waist, hips and glutes seem to lack the most. For some reason, it seems like I can't get that area to grow. Not that I want a huge waist size or anything, I just wish it would develop a little faster.

mill_z, you look like you have great genetics for this game. I have busted my butt for over a year now and am still a mile away from looking as good as you do (I am currently about 205 @ 5' 10"). Like the lads have said, in a year or so of HST you could pack on 15/20lbs of muscle if you get your eating right.

Make sure you have deads and Oly squats in your routine and keep pushing those RMs up each cycle.

<div>
(mill_z @ Feb. 11 2007,13:57)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">So is HST the way to go, for sure, to put on some mass?</div>
Yes it will add mass.

It's a good program for recovery from injuries because of the 15's and 10's, a big part of which are with lighter weights.

The 5's add strength and mass too, again, a big part of these are with lighter weights.

Because of the layout, the compound movements, the progression, the frequency...it makes size come more easily.

For the same reasons already stated, it doesn't trash your joints.

When you SD, add a few pounds to every set and repeat you will respond all over again to almost the same weight.

If you want to get bigger...HST will do it.

For strength specific training...there are other ways. It will make you stronger too, but that's not the primary goal of HST.

Should I start with a regular split and then move to this or just start off on HST. Should I just use the workout on the website, or is there a better exersice line up?

<div>
(mill_z @ Feb. 12 2007,09:26)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Should I start with a regular split and then move to this or just start off on HST. Should I just use the workout on the website, or is there a better exersice line up?</div>
Start off with an HST routine based off core compound exercises such as the Deadlift, Squat, Bench Press/Dips, Chins/Rows, and Military Press.

<div>
(mill_z @ Feb. 12 2007,09:26)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Should I start with a regular split and then move to this or just start off on HST. Should I just use the workout on the website, or is there a better exersice line up?</div>
Vanilla HST and eat eat and eat more....don't care for the body fat that you add...in few month of cutting this will disappear....
This is the best way to grow quickly

hi new comer here. Lost over 100lbs all naturally last year and have been weight training on and off since.  Did HST for about 2 months last summer.  Back into it again.  Now i'm in my most intense phase, trying to lose 15% more BF, and another 10 inches on my waist.

here are my before and after pictures:

beforeafter-1.jpg

Great weight loss there, but you want to lose another 10 inches on your waist, along with another 15% bodyfat? That's not even possible as I judge by the picture on the right.

<div>
(colby2152 @ Mar. 07 2007,12:49)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Great weight loss there, but you want to lose another 10 inches on your waist, along with another 15% bodyfat?  That's not even possible as I judge by the picture on the right.</div>
yeah it is possible, my stomach in that picture was around 42&quot;.   I'm at 44&quot; belly with a 36 inch waist right now. Very disproportioned and ugly.

30% BF as well.  Its hard to notice because i have my shirt on.  I still have fairly large lovehandles and a belly.

You're looking really good Fausto. What's your current bodyweight? Bodyfat is looking pretty low too. Is this the end of a cutting cycle?

Oh, one more thing: Did you do some pumping up before taking your pics? Reason I ask is cos I can't see your veins on your bis sticking up much. I would have thought that at your level of BF they would show a lot more than they do. If you did a few dips and chins before taking your pics you will look jacked (to coin a phrase from Joe
biggrin.gif
).
cool.gif

Lol

Thanks mate. Weight about 71 Kg. Body fat, latest measurement showed 16.83%, too much for me anyways.

No not cutting sir, just have not been too good at tracking my nutrition, kinda rule of thumb at the moment.
biggrin.gif

Pumping? Well, we had just finished training, but no did not pump by doing repeated reps to get the pumped up look, but hey...its been a while since I layed my hands on a camera...so next time for sure!
cool.gif

Great job, fausto. You're looking lean and muscular. You can cut a little more if you wish, but I'm not seeing these love handles that you claim to have. I'll also say that those legs look like they could squat a house.

Back