Please stop the SPAM!!!!

Bulldog

There seems to be a lot of SPAM being posted lately. Is there anything that can be done to stop it?

I volunteer to be a moderator if that will help. I'm sure a few other regulars would be willing to help out as well.

I say block this clown, or backtrack his path, send a few of us out there and dismember him limb from limb. Useless trashoid.

I'm having a similar problem with a forum I manage and haven't had time to figure out how to stop the blighters yet. On some forums it's possible to have an extra validation step during account set-up that might deter spammers from registering. Not sure if Ikonboard can do this?

Sorry, I'll try to stay on top of it.
sad.gif

The jokes are funny though, "come on dick, we're leaving".

Priceless
tounge.gif

But yeah it is pretty annoying, I mean do people actually click on the links and buy their products??

It seems that a couple regulars around here could be made moderators. Then, crap could be deleted right away.

I don't know much about much, but Lol seems responsible enough. Who else seems responsible and level headed enough? Hmm... not sure, but there's got to be a couple guys.

<div>
(quadancer @ Feb. 26 2007,22:56)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I just want to track them down and kill them.</div>
Quad for moderator!
biggrin.gif

<div>
(Lol @ Feb. 26 2007,19:24)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
(quadancer @ Feb. 26 2007,22:56)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I just want to track them down and kill them.</div>
Quad for moderator!
biggrin.gif
</div>
Moderator?

President.

As long as he issues and executive order for a special seal team to be created just to destroy spammers.

Problem is...... a mod can delete the posts, which I have been doing but I can't block the IP, that's something Bryan or JVRoig will need to do.

I'm sure that JV will sort them out like a good batman should.

Damn annoying, spoils the mood of this forum!

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I just want to track them down and kill them.</div>

Go Quad, I'll join ya!

Use the ignore button for now. JV hasn't been around in some time, so Bryan will have to block their IP addresses.

Yeah, it is getting much worse. I could handle the bad jokes and such but the latest stuff is a bit on the extreme end of things.

I still don't understand why they don't make a few more regular long time members moderators. Obviously like Dan said, mods can't ban IP addresses but at least they could delete the offensive posts and let Bryan and JV know what user name to look up the IP address for to ban them.

Back