Quickest way to Bigger Biceps

wink.gif
ZZZZzzzzzzzzz

<div>
(Morgoth the Dark Enemy @ Apr. 27 2007,01:32)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">You do realise this is a waste, do you not?There are times when one must say:enough!And stop being helpful...you`re far too helpful Dan  
wink.gif
</div>
I'm not disagreeing with anything that has been said so far. In fact long before &quot;The Simplify and Win&quot; thread I have been advocating and preaching to any who would listen to dump the iso arm stuff and concentrate on the big lifts.

In retrospect it's funny, when I used to say this I got blasted for saying &quot;working the glamour muscles is a waste of time and if you want arms then press, pull and chin&quot;. I still say this in Max-Stim.
<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Bicep and Tricep Work

Although direct bicep and tricep work may not be necessary since many of the pulling and pushing movements already activate these muscles many trainees simply can not have a successful workout without the addition of direct upper arm work. With this in mind you may add in any of your favorite bi and or tri work but I do not recommend doing this more than 1 or 2X week and I recommend the volume be kept low for each workout these are used. If you do I also recommend you use the same set up, a compound followed by an isolation exercise that concentrates on stretch, racking the weight between reps.

Bicep Recommendation-following your last set of Back exercises add 1 or 2 sets of incline DB curl, concentration curl, BB curl or whatever isolation exercise you choose to use.

Tricep Recommendation-following your last pressing/pushing movement for chest or shoulders add 1 or 2 sets of Tricep Extensions, pushdowns or whatever isolation exercise you choose to use.</div>

So even though I disagree with his choice, it's his choice to make, not ours. So, why not help him out?

WHat makes me a troll,
after reading all the replys and being stubborn,
I am taking everyones advice and doing full body workouts.

But I am adding a bit of emphasis to my arms.

OK FINE!!! We were trying to keep it a secret for proven members only , but to get really big biceps - eat raw meat...
biggrin.gif

<div>
(faz @ Apr. 27 2007,08:06)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">because we are unsure if he is for real or a troll</div>
What difference does it make?

Also shouldn't he be considered innocent before quilty?

Look we have many many posts here that are rather trollish everyday, plus we are bombarded with

Check my routines?
How much food?
What Supplements?
How do I Cut?
How do I Bulk?
I eat raw meat, do you?
biggrin.gif

<div>
(Dan Moore @ Apr. 27 2007,07:22)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Also shouldn't he be considered innocent before quilty?</div>
biggrin.gif
if he is Quilty , we should encourage him to try other crafts.

Turk

Besides being somewhat flamed, you got the help you needed, your best bet IMO is to do dips followed by tricep extensions of some kind or pushedowns and reverse grip chins follwoed by incline d/b curls, that should be enough to gfive the armsextra stimulus, that is what i do.

Apart fromthat compounds are the name of this game if you want to get bigger!
wink.gif

Ok, I`ll bite-considering your measurements are accurate Turk, I don`t really think your trouble is stemming from the fact that you don`t emphasize your arms...in fact, it`s not your workout. Somehow, I feel that you don`t eat according to your goals. To get big you have to eat big...in your case, probably quite significantly so. Even your beloved &quot;grecians&quot; were fairly big eaters. Sandow as well. You`ve got all the training advice you need in this thread-add some big eating to that advice and things will start moving.

Don`t yet employ the great Raw Meat secret-it`ll make you grow at least 20 pounds of lean mass. The growth would be too abrupt, the midichlorians wouldn`t really upregulate and there may be a disturbance in the Force. Later, when you`ll be a seasoned trainee, you will be ready for it, young Padawan.

I ate a live parrot yesterday after watching a Monty Python sketch. Does this qualify as raw meat? I do feel a bit stronger today but I keep blurting out &quot;Pretty @&amp;*%ing Polly&quot;. Have I now contracted Tourette's syndrome?

It depends on wheter or not the parrot was eating seeds that were bred by plants living on lands fertilized with manoor from free grass fed beef. And if he had some of the polymorphic bacterias. If you answered no to the above, you`re screwed, the Big Pharmas have just taken over your life through that artificially bred and fed bird. Sorry dude.

<div>
(Lol @ Apr. 27 2007,12:02)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I ate a live parrot yesterday after watching a Monty Python sketch. Does this qualify as raw meat? I do feel a bit stronger today but I keep blurting out &quot;Pretty @&amp;*%ing Polly&quot;. Have I now contracted Tourette's syndrome?</div>
One question for ya?

Did the feathers act as toilet paper on their way out and hence can one use this method of ass wipe in lieu of Sherly Crow's one square per wipe rule?

In essence save a rainforest, eat a parrot
rock.gif
Think of the ramifications, if your general wipe used 3 squares and each parrot eliminates the need for the 3 squares plus adds a natural protein source, we kill one bird with one healthy dump.

Think of the parrots man, think of the parrots. The way of fixing this is getting back to Paleo-Man lifestyle entirely-run around buttnaked, sleep in caves with no fire(so that the temptation of cooking doesn`t even exist), and of course, no asswiping...recent research shows that Paleo-Man did not wipe his ass, and that his highly natural, bacteria rich excrements actually helped nature and the rain-forest and stuff, by providing nourishment for the land. Picture the wonderfully idilic picture of the prodigal son that is man getting back into mother nature's womb...ahh, the beauty, the smell, the fun.
smile.gif

Thanks for the helpful info guys. Just the way to finish off this fine thread.
biggrin.gif

Oh, when I ate the bird I thought it was resting but it was aparrotly dead!

<div>
(Dan Moore @ Apr. 27 2007,13:22)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
(faz @ Apr. 27 2007,08:06)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">because we are unsure if he is for real or a troll</div>
What difference does it make?

Also shouldn't he be considered innocent before quilty?

Look we have many many posts here that are rather trollish everyday, plus we are bombarded with

Check my routines?
How much food?
What Supplements?
How do I Cut?
How do I Bulk?
I eat raw meat, do you?  
biggrin.gif
</div>
when you are on the 2nd page of guys recomending to do fullbody and you get this reply &quot;I agree it may be a mistake, so i'll try it for two weeks and if i dont increase my arms by another .2 inch i will go back to full body workouts.

But I do know its possible its possible to just train your arms and make them bigger. Look at gymnast and Jack Johnson the boxer, he has a small chest (36 inches) compared to his nice (16 inch arms) &quot;
then you start thinking that someone is taking the p**s
if he is not then fair enough
smile.gif

Powerlifters rarely have large biceps in relation to other muscles. Those who do have large biceps have them because they do specific exercises for the biceps. Powerlifters rarely have large deltoids in relation to other muscles. Those who do have large deltoids have them because they do specific exercises for the deltoids, as opposed to the standard press, press and press some more protocol used by the majority of powerlifters. All of this pressing typically targets only the anterior (frontal) deltoid and assists on the bench. Most powerlifters do have large triceps. Again, this is because they do specific exercises for the triceps to get the bench up. If you look around any gym, you will see guys with large arms and nothing else. Marky Mark (Walberg) comes to mind. The guy has decent arms for someone who looks otherwise like he spends more time at the track than he does at the gym. This is due to muscle specificity. You must target the biceps and the triceps directly, in a full range of motion, if you want them to grow. The biggest problem with this idea is that most people don't use enough weight when they target arms or when they perform other isolated movements. The reason that compounds are so effective is that they require you to tighten and use everything just to perform the lift and you use heavy weights. Apply this to your arm training as well. Use as much weight as you can possibly muster, use the body as a whole, use a full range of motion on exercises that allow you to really target the bis and tris and eat a lot. If you do these things, you will grow big guns. If you need further evidence of the importance of muscular specificity, think about the widely known fact that you can build up to a big bench and still be Johnny Bravo if you don't target the legs as well. I know all of this looks crazy to some of you, but don't flame me about it, just look at the real world. Peace.

Okay, so we should do back-swinging barbell curls then, right? Use the whole body to do the curl.

Dude, it`s all in the rope dragging and stuff...Waterbury`s got ya covered. And, if I do say so myself, that Gulledge guy does have some really flimsy arms....must not be doing the heavy barbell curls properly. Davey Tate to, his biceps and delts are sucky.

But as the ultimate strategy for great arms, I think that Synthol+intra-muscular HGH injections+some other neat stuff will get you great biceps. It`s like what all of the pros do in order to complement their heavy curling. Heavy curling is the base, the above combo gives it a little finishing touch...or was it the other way around?I forget.

<div>
(Turk Malloy @ Apr. 27 2007,08:18)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">WHat makes me a troll,
after reading all the replys and being stubborn,
I am taking everyones advice and doing full body workouts.

But I am adding a bit of emphasis to my arms.</div>
THIS RIGHT HERE PROVES HE IS A TROLL.

He knows he's gotten all he can out of this thread without being fully &quot;outed&quot; as a troll, so he's conceding the point and saving his credibility so he can string you along on another thread at a later date.

Trust me- I am a troll on a different forum- I know how it's done.

Back