Real Deal

RD,

That is an impressive w/o. How often do you increase your weight once you're working at your true RM? 15 exercises at about 6 RM weight for 8 reps 3X per week sounds very difficult to maintain for long. Good job. I am also just over 5'6" at 170 lbs. (though I feel better when I'm in the low 160's).

ICARS, my DL range of motion is at least 7"
biggrin.gif

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">
Dan Moore:
uh Hmmm....... I'm 5'9&quot;
biggrin.gif
</div>
Oh yeah... hehehe sorry, I should have said 5'6&quot; to 5'9&quot;, so that would include a hell of a lot of folks too. I just get confused. I think I remember Aaron saying one time he was also around the same height. O&amp;G too. And me.

@Fausto

Fausto ol' boy, well... like the guy said, you are just too happy! Not that I mind, of course
smile.gif
. In the rules and regulations of the Fedora forum, they explicitly mentioned that people should be courteous and express gratitude and all that, to create a &quot;warm fuzzy feeling&quot; (their own words), and I kinda agree with that philosophy. No sense drivng away folks with condescending talk, it helps to promote a good atmosphere so people (especially noobs) won't be alienated.

Some folks took his comments seriously (to be expected, he did go too far and below the belt), it's gonna be a long long while before people stop flaming him back and start accepting him as a member of the HST family - if he actually wants to be one. Personally, I'm amazed he's still around despite not expressing any desire to be part of HST.

Cheers,
-JV

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Personally, I'm amazed he's still around despite not expressing any desire to be part of HST.</div>

I get the feeling that he is in the conversion process, just come in guns blazing to get attention...
biggrin.gif

From what I hear it is typical of &quot;little people&quot;, not that I promote that, I'd rather say we Portuguese are a tough lot and often go by the &quot;dynamite comes in small packages&quot; thing.

Yo Fuastus dude,

Even if he does suddenly declare that &quot;HST is the shiznit!&quot; and then asks for guidance into the &quot;right path&quot;, I really doubt people here will flock to help him out the way everybody does for a typical newcomer/convert.

I don't mind the &quot;retard&quot; thing he kept repeating over and over (seriously, does anybody really still use that as an insult outside of TV sitcoms and movies?), one of the things the good priests taught me in the seminary was that people who get under my skin will help me become a better person. But you know, not everybody here is as happy and forgiving as you, and I gather much less spent time in a seminary.

Anyhoo, if he does &quot;convert&quot;, he should apologize to everybody first, especially the people he ridiculed, called names, bashed, whatever.

Regards,
-JV

Well said.

My whole point of view is one he walk into a business, restaurant, shopping mall...etc. and go straight to the manager/owner and start complaining about the food/product....without even ordering the food.

If he had busted his butt and took supplements and followed HST perfectly and had no gains I could understand the criticism...but just to walk into the door of an establishment and not try the clothes own or order the food...Yet holler out how much the food sucks and how much the cook and owner and its employees sucks...is just a bad idea.

I doubt the REAL DEAL is too REAL in the REAL world b/c I dont think anyone with proper upbringing would do that to anyones establishment...and if they did...well guys will be guys and you can only imagine the outcome.
laugh.gif

The fact that he disagrees with some HST principals is cool! If he wanted to discuss and debate them with us, I don't think anyone would have minded that.

But he comes right in with personal attacks on some of the experts, rips O&amp;G about his age and makes fun of Bryan's name.

@spyke
I didn't make fun of Bryan's name. I said I probably would have done that immature crud if I were a troll.

Do us all a favor and learn how to read well. When you get to reading at the 6th grade level, then feel free to return here.

@Joe
Stop agreeing just because one of your friends said something.

It's pretty obvious you took me calling you &quot;Joe Blow&quot; very personally. I'm sorry. That was clearly out of line.

@jvroig
<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Anyhoo, if he does &quot;convert&quot;, he should apologize to everybody first, especially the people he ridiculed, called names, bashed, whatever.</div>
Apologize? I don't think you deserve an apology, &quot;Batman&quot;. Go back to wherever seminary you came from as it is obvious you don't know anything at all about hypertrophy and body building.

I find it personally apalling that
1.) People here believe you
2.) You are clearly retarded
3.) People still believe you despite them realizing you are retarded.

@Dan
<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Anyway I hope Real Deal follows his own advice, IE a lil less typey a lil more worky, do a little homework, and try it. Who knows he might just learn a bit.</div>
You have to understand, I can't force myself to do something that I perceive to be obviously flawed - like working submax 70-80% of the time, and taking a 2-week break every 6-8 weeks. That just seems outright silly, doesn't it? Maybe every 4 or 6 months, that's a little reasonable and believable. And working submax 20-30% of the time.

@smf
Don't bother listening to lcars, he's one of the persistent a$$es here. He just chimes in every now and then and makes a fool of himself - even the veteran HST guys seem to contradict what he says often.
<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">That is an impressive w/o. How often do you increase your weight once you're working at your true RM? 15 exercises at about 6 RM weight for 8 reps 3X per week sounds very difficult to maintain for long. Good job. I am also just over 5'6&quot; at 170 lbs. (though I feel better when I'm in the low 160's).
</div>
I find that I manage to increase my max every 3-4 months at least. But that's hardly a consistent thing. Sometimes the leap is 10 pounds, sometimes as much as 20-25 on the biggest compounds.

-The Real Deal

Bob,

I personally don't get this &quot;Real Deal&quot; guy.

Sometimes (or most of the time), he is so hostile you'd think he's just a plain old troll who got lost here by accident.

But on some posts, he maks valid comments or reasonable arguments, and shows some knowledge of hypertrophy and bodybuilding. Makes me think he may be telling the truth when he said he isn't a troll.

From what he posted, he isn't doing HST. He posted his routine on Colby's thread, &quot;Real Deal what's your workout&quot;. He says he is here because he thinks noobs are wasting their time with HST, adn tries to warn them of the &quot;evils of HST&quot;.

Like I said, I personally don't know what to make of him. And it's not like I wase my time thinking about it
biggrin.gif

Regards,
-JV

I think RD enjoys his training and has some spare time at the moment so he's having a bit of fun here. He's getting lots of attention which he obviously enjoys too. He's like the noisy, outspoken guy who joins a party hoping to get everybody's attention. He has a few interesting things to say but mainly resorts to insults and bullying tactics to try to keep people interested. Reminds me of the young Biff in Back to the Future (except he was tall
biggrin.gif
).

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">You have to understand, I can't force myself to do something that I perceive to be obviously flawed - like working submax 70-80% of the time, and taking a 2-week break every 6-8 weeks. That just seems outright silly, doesn't it? Maybe every 4 or 6 months, that's a little reasonable and believable. And working submax 20-30% of the time. </div>

It isn't like we got greater results now than with any other training protocals before out of thin air. It was because we were applying the HST principals and having a solid diet. Don't knock it till you try it.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I find that I manage to increase my max every 3-4 months at least. But that's hardly a consistent thing. Sometimes the leap is 10 pounds, sometimes as much as 20-25 on the biggest compounds.</div>

Funny thing about HST. I increase my max every 2 months by the same poundages even when I am cutting.

I find it personally apalling that
1.) People here believe you
2.) You are clearly retarded
3.) People still believe you despite them realizing you are retarded.
</div>

JV isn't &quot;retarded&quot; and people believe him because he is repeating everything that Bryan and Blade discuss in the HST Faq's. You are the f-in retard for chiming in here, talking trash on people, and for bashing something you haven't even tried.

He's getting lots of attention which he obviously enjoys too. He's like the noisy, outspoken guy who joins a party hoping to get everybody's attention</div>

The Real Deal is some short ass punk who has Napoleon Syndrome and has to open his mouth via the protection of his computer because he is making up for his shortcomings.

RD, how do you deal with accumulated fatigue?</div>

Growth plateaus

We need to talk about soccer again [
laugh.gif
]
</div>

Germany kicked Portugal's ass today. Good for me (actually I couldn't care less, USA was out of it a long time ago), bad for Fausto

I hate France, so I am rooting with Fausto for Italy.

<div>
(Fausto @ Jul. 09 2006,15:16)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Italyu had better kick France's ass or I'll be real upset!</div>
I'm with you now Fausto as my girlfriend is italian...although I have france in my work sweepstake so can't really lose :-D

Shame about the semis and the 3/4 play off for you, your football up to a certain point is very good but alas no cutting edge. Ronaldo was also up to his usual tricks!

rd, try hst for some weeks, than we can speak again and a real discussion can happen ! (hst is not a holly grail, but it works, it works very! good)

you dont must make a sd every 8 weeks, you can lenghten up your cycle or make deloading weeks or add a 5x5 sst programm (thats my personal opinion).
so all i want to say is try hst for 8 weeks and then we can speak again! if not im going now to the point you are now the whole time since you are here in this forum and offending all the people here.
so i`m saying F*ck you !
---------------

mmh germany has made the third place... that is ok. lets see tonight who will win the finals !! But before that i`m going to train
biggrin.gif

<div>
(Real_Deal @ Jul. 08 2006,13:03)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Maybe every 4 or 6 months, that's a little reasonable and believable. And working submax 20-30% of the time.</div>
I tend to agree with you on these points, not sure about the 4-6 months but I definately agree that you shouldn't SD until a clear plateau has been reached or your joints are just screaming. Incidently just FYI, Bryan has made this point as well many many times so it's nothing knew.

That's the thing. He just goes here, reads a little (I assume he read at least something), but bases all &quot;arguments&quot; seemingly based on the sample routine. That SD thing is so old - it's been repeated over and over not to SD if you are still gaining.

Sticking to bigger weights most of the time? Also an option! Some people here have done cycles were they jumped right into the 5's. Same thing - there's still a progression of weights after SD. I specifically remember Vicious and Jester trying that out. If I'm wrong about the names, it's all in the archives anyway.

Back