Sci's "Simplify & Win" log

<div>
(scientific muscle @ Apr. 28 2008,7:48)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Split Squats: 75 3x5

Colby:
http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/Quadriceps/DBSplitSquat.html</div>
So how is that different from a lunge?
rock.gif

HST 80% intensity day.

Bench: 155 3x8
Row: 155 3x8
One-arm Press: 45 3x8
Pulldowns: 130 3x8
RDLs: 180 3x5
Split Squats: 80 3x5

My legs are incredibly sore and appear larger than ever. The deadlifts I was doing definitely helped, but these split squats hit my thighs and hips even better without straining my lower back.
Also the extra upper body work is nice, especially close-grip pulldowns and wide-grip rows have my back really getting a pump all over.
Looking forward to the heavier stuff to come!
cool.gif

Weight is still hovering around 200 lb.s

<div>
(scientific muscle @ Apr. 29 2008,10:36)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
(TunnelRat @ Apr. 29 2008,9:54)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
(scientific muscle @ Apr. 28 2008,7:48)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Split Squats: 75 3x5

Colby:
http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/Quadriceps/DBSplitSquat.html</div>
So how is that different from a lunge?
rock.gif
</div>
Very similar, a lunge involves a step, a split squat the feet stay stationary.</div>
It is very similar to a lunge, but, you are right, there is no step involved in the splits.

My thighs are in extreme DOMS pain. Split squats are beastly. I hope I eventually get some conditioning to this, because doing these 3x/week might leave me sore all the time!
wow.gif

I am in the same boat as you today. Are we all mad or what?
biggrin.gif
I might give those split squats a shot someday soon.

Name that Dan tune: &quot;She thinks I'm crazy, but I'm just growing old.&quot;

Don't know that tune. Lol, if you try split squats I am sure you'll be great at them based on your beastly squatting power. You should try them just for fun. They'll make you sore in places you didn't know existed!
wow.gif

Back